Recent chain of events at the Org.

:laugh: just dont try to brand it into my forehead while i'm sleeping off a good time! So you will be at Spring bash right Hombre`

I'm happy. The redness in my backside:spank: has gone away and I can sit now.
The 3 licks I got a few weeks back lingered for awhile.
:rulez:..R..:rulez: and since it is not my site or 'house' and I want to join the party I must abide. Cant be any simpler than that.

Sorry Angel, I know it's me... (and Ace, if it isn't then at least we are whitling it down... :) )

Glad you posted this Mark, it echoes my sentiments very well. have PM'd back and forth with a few of the powers that be, and some "old-guard"members also. I have no doubt that we will get back on track, and I have no issue with the rules. I do however find it sad that they need to be posted and agreed to. Sign of the times I suppose.....

The problems are not with the rules...they are basic and really have not changed.

It is in how they are enforced...and the double standards. Double standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The question has been ask..."If it's so bad around here, then why do you keep coming back?"

Well, we have made friends here and we like to hang out and have fun together...not much 'fun' around here for quite a while now. Some may say it's Winter and we all need to just get out and ride, but the drama seems to last year round for the last few years.

I hope that we can work things out and get this place back on track...

Last edited:
Follow the rules.

if you are unhappy with the rules of the enforcement of them, then stop whining and posting these threads and do something.

get your checkbook out, go to godaddy.com buy a domain and build your own site, make your own rules and have all the "fun" you want.

just trying to help.

The problems are not with the rules...they are basic and really have not changed.

It is in how they are enforced...and the double standards. Double standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The question has been ask..."If it's so bad around here, then why do you keep coming back?"

Well, we have made friends here and we like to hang out and have fun together...not much 'fun' around here for quite a while now. Some may say it's Winter and we all need to just get out and ride, but the drama seems to last year round for the last few years.

I hope that we can work things out and get this place back on track...

Agreed 100%
Follow the rules.

if you are unhappy with the rules of the enforcement of them, then stop whining and posting these threads and do something.

get your checkbook out, go to godaddy.com buy a domain and build your own site, make your own rules and have all the "fun" you want.

just trying to help.

You aren't.

Sorry Angel, I know it's me... (and Ace, if it isn't then at least we are whitling it down... :) )

Ok now THAT's the craziest thing I ever heard Mustang! I cant wait to see you again and welcome you home Sir...you have my deepest respect, admiration and support in ALL you do and ALL you are both for your service to our country and your service here on the Org...now stop it, don't make me open a can of..:whistle:well you know:laugh:

:bowdown:

Looks like there has been some banning' going on around here. It seems to me the reins have tightened more and more in this house. I've also seen some real hypocrisy, and instances where favoritism has been obvious.

People come to a forum for fun. To talk to like minded individuals, typically about a particular subject (ie; motorcycles), but also to banter about other pieces of life... but again.. mostly for fun.

When a place is no longer fun.... people will stop coming.

MJN you are absolutely right that it's no fun, we recognized that a year ago... We have been working to clean up the site for a long time.. Ya know what.. the rules we put in place are the same exact rules that have been in place since 1999 yep the same ones. We just reminded people of what the rules were and we started enforcing them... While there are some that are screaming censorship we are getting more PM's and emails from people thanking us for finally cleaning things up.. Is this going to happen over night? Absolutely not...

I wanted to clear up a couple of other misconceptions out there too..

Looks like there has been some bannin' going on around here.
There have been four accounts banned in the past week. I think there was some confusion on the definition so I want to take care of that now...

We have a new term.... It's called a suspension. A suspension is where we will block the ability of a member from posting for a short amount of time... Folks that we think just need a little time away, we may have asked them in PM's to settle down a little bit or something similiar... No one can see if the account is suspended so unless that person PM's or emails you no one could tell from the forum. We did that for privacy, we don't want to draw attention to people that are on the sidelines...

Banned accounts are the ones that will not be coming back at all and we feel that it's necessary that others know the status and that the person will not be returning...

As it stands now we have banned 4 people in the past week.

1. Had multiple conversations and warning.
2. DEMANDED TO BE BANNED
3. Attempted to post content for member on item 2 (This account had zero post)
4. Attempted to post content for member on item 2 )This account had zero post)

We had a few people that went on a time out, requested that they be allowed back, we did and now those same people have CHOSEN not to post here...

We have a couple of people in cyber land actually telling others that they were banned but in fact they are not...

Guys these rules are the same ones that have been in place since 1999, we became a little lax in enforcing them and have seen that we need to make some adjustments... We are doing that. You can still have conversations on the site, you can still disagree with each other but you need to have those discussions in a respectful way. I don't expect everyone to agree with me all the time but I do expect that they convey their thoughts to me in a mature way. Surely people can have discussions without having to curse...

We are focusing on the intent of infractions now... If there is a word that is blocked in the filters then that means that is a word that we don't want to have on the site.. If you go around it and use special characters or letters instead of numbers you are still attempting to use the same word. 10 years ago you could have gotten around that but in the Internet age I actually read that type of spelling as well as I do the real words... I don't think that is too much to ask.

We had to tighten the reigns not because everyone was crossing the lines but because a chosen few continually crossed them. It takes time to sort things out and to offer change to people, we don't want to just start going down a list and cutting accounts. We don't want to make decisions without having looked at all of the information and speaking with those people we think has crossed the line...

People are asking for fairness in our decisions, we are doing that, just give us some time to sort it all out... If you know any of the admins you will know that we as a group are fair and look at all the circumstances to do what is best... We have definitely tightened the reigns for awhile to get things back where they need to be, what we need from you is a little trust that we are doing things in good faith, that we have a plan and that we want people to have FUN, I know I do......

CAp

Last edited:
As I stated previously Cap, I've got no issues whatsoever with the rules. Only that they don't seem to be moderated consistently...

Believe me, I understand what it is like to attempt to moderate a large group.. I moderate on another bike forum with 15K members, and sometimes it's kinda like herding cats.

The intent of this thread was merely to remind you and the others why we are here in the first place...and what keeps people coming back. FUN. Enjoyment. Friendship. Do I think the rules are a bit strict? Maybe a little.. but heck, it's your site, and I respect a person that sticks to thier convictions.

There are a lot of good folk who's screen names I don't see here nearly as much as I used to.

Consistency is the key.

The problem isn't the rules. The problem is with a few of the bad apples that have shown up in the last few years in particular.

I think Cappy and team are doing the only thing they can do to get the board back on track.

Another thing to consider, is that a lot of the newer faces don't really understand the way the board "felt" from before I got here in 2005 until some time in 2006/2007. People are bringing their bad manners and trash talk from other sites without an understanding of how to behave. The level of immaturity and irresponsibility has grown steadily since then and I think this is what the admins and owner are trying to combat.

Captain and the admins & mods, you have my support. :beerchug:

As I stated previously Cap, I've got no issues whatsoever with the rules. Only that they don't seem to be moderated consistently...

Believe me, I understand what it is like to attempt to moderate a large group.. I moderate on another bike forum with 15K members, and sometimes it's kinda like herding cats.

The intent of this thread was merely to remind you and the others why we are here in the first place...and what keeps people coming back. FUN. Enjoyment. Friendship. Do I think the rules are a bit strict? Maybe a little.. but heck, it's your site, and I respect a person that sticks to they're convictions.

There are a lot of good folk who's screen names I don't see here nearly as much as I used to.

Consistency is the key.

We agree absolutely 100% dealing with the day to day is very time consuming if we really want to sort things out and keep the peace..

I do ask everyone to remember that the admins and mods have jobs! This isn't a paid position, sometimes the best we can do is remove a thread and send a quick note that we took a post offline. We have to come back to that later in the evening to figure it out... decisions on letting someone go or what action needs to be done is offered to all the admins 99% of the time. If there is a situation that just needs to be dealt with they will do it then take the issue back up that night with the rest of the group...

There is a lot of emails, PM's and discussion to go through each day.. As I stated, it may seem one sided at first but we have issues that are being worked though even now.

Our leadership group has been made up of MEMBERS from all over the country. I asked each of these people to help me moderate this place because they were respected by the other members of the forum... You can call, email or PM one if you wish... I have tried to be a diverse as possible in efforts to see all the different opinions or views of the members. We have

A woman that rides a busa
East coast folks
Guys that have raced on the track
Guys from the Midwest that travel to most of the events
Married with Kids
Single
West coast riders that ride A Lot
Executives with large companies
Career Military
Blue Collar

We have done our best to cover all the demographics. When you have these folks agreeing behind the scenes on actions and what needs to happen then you can bet that there must be some pretty heavy evidence available.

Do we agree all the time as a leadership team, not when we start out... Sometime we argue, sometimes we concede but we always do what is right for the website. We always agree on the final solution... I don't want admins or mods on the site that agree with me, I wanted people that would tell me how the cow eats the cabbage. I have that... We sometimes agree to disagree but I have the greatest respect for each of them because of this...

The website is always going to be at the disadvantage when it comes to defending ourselves. We choose to take the high road and not post personal information or the details of a situation to the public. We feel that those facts are between the site and the person that we are working with. What we have seen over the past several months is the desire to speculate and side line quarterback on what should be done. People are stirring the pot with inaccurate facts and what their "perception" is, as recent as this week this has occurred.

What we ask is simple! Give us some time to sort it out, we are more than happy to talk on the phone, email or PM with any of you that have questions or want to get clarification on why we have done a specific thing....

Time and patience is all we need right now...

Cap

Last edited:
But Cap, you don't have a left-handed, one-legged, afro-asian, cross-dressing, 3-wheel Busa riding metro-sexual from Luxembourg as a Mod, so how can you claim to have covered all the demographics?
:rofl:
All jokes aside, thank you for realizing and returning this place back to its old self.
You have my time and patience as requested Sir.

But Cap, you don't have a left-handed, one-legged, afro-asian, cross-dressing, 3-wheel Busa riding metro-sexual from Luxembourg as a Mod, so how can you claim to have covered all the demographics?
All jokes aside, thank you for realizing and returning this place back to its old self.

Are you posting your resume J?! :rofl: :poke:

:moon:

Does that mean you are submitting an application? I don't dare ask which of the qualifications/features listed you have! :whistle:

Does that mean you are submitting an application? I don't dare ask which of the qualifications/features listed you have! :whistle:
YOU, sir, may bite me!

pittttttttttttttttttttttttt.jpg

Back