In light of recent events...............

I use to get mine checked with instant results at the Meijer pharmacy twice a year for 30.00. Mine was a little high but all I was eating at the time was red meat:whistle::laugh:

Good luck bro. I got some advice and tips for ya if its high:beerchug:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fish Oil and Almonds.... fats from plants are GOOD, fats from animals are BAD. Pretty much what it boils down to. :learn:

Of all the vices I've had to learn to live without, eating what I want has become the last one...

...and I think I'm probably going to die with a full stomache!:laugh:

Got my results back while at the Bash but didn't really tell anyone cuz I chose to have a good time instead. Have high bad cholesterol and low good cholesterol. Have been playing phone tag with the Dr. office so I dont know what the numbers are exactly. They did leave a message and told me to get on a low cholesterol diet and start exercising more. Supposed to get rechecked in 3 months. No talk of a script for now so it doesn't sound like it's too awful bad. Either that or I'm just a ticking time bomb and drugs wont help:laugh:

You ARE a ticking time bomb. And NO drugs wont help you or us.

Oh wait you were talking about colesteral. Sorry. Numbers must not be to bad. Keep me posted with what they say bro.

IIRC the LDL was at 225 and the HDL was around 30. Was just doing some reading that said the ideal numbers are less than 200 and over 60, respectively:dunno:

Very manageable bro. Make sure you are taking care of yourself. Start by quitting smoking, dammit! I like ya and want ya around for a while.

And speaking of PSAs, you should get your prostate checked to...:whistle:

If it remains high they may put you on meds. But for now research as much as you can and follow the docs advice. I am glad you went for a check up!!!

Hope everything checks out fine for you. If not, I guess you'll be eating lots of oatmeal. :laugh:

Oops, didn't read all the way through first. Get it taken care of . . . that way you can buy more parts from me! :rofl: Seriously, make it a priority to get it done.

Good for you Sam...MEN should be checked for lots of things they don't want to talk about, so don't stop there :whistle:

I know every single thing wrong with me thanks to 15 different doctors over the last 14 years :rofl:

You know, for perfect health it actually takes a total of 16 doctors! Yes, 16! I suggest you have a full in depth physical by a genuine PROFESSIONAL such as Dr. TufBusa! Please Phone (911) at least seven days in advance for an inhouse appointment! :whistle:

dont worrie sam, you need some more blood in your colestrial system...take care
and Iam 38 and already get mine checked all the time

A friend of mine went for the prostate test, and 2 days later the Dr. called him with bad news...
they lost the test results and he needed to do it all over again...:rofl:

Sounds totally manageable, baaah man! Smart to get it checked now and one up on the quit smoking thing. This isn't much help to you but I'm down to one square (low calorie) meal a day (evening), breakfast of home squeezed friut juices (apples, grapefruit, oranges, bananas combined with a couple of Tbps of Chia), some green, powdery stuff from Healthforce Nutritionals, and Carlson's Cod Liver Oil ??? (lemon flavored), and two to four grain/nut snack bars every two to four hours in between.

Still do an occasional (maybe once or twice a month) fi-dolla cigar mixed with a few senoritas :laugh: , uh, read that as Tequila and citrus, but I sho feel a helava lot better than I used to...baaaaaahhh! Right mix of diet and exercise is the way to keep on an even keel without totally sacrificing vices. Good luck and like to talk to you about some skin ink sometime...:beerchug:

Hate going to the Doc, but Mike's unexpected death has put a little fear in me.

I just went in cause I had shortness of breath and racing heart. I thought I was having heart failure. Turns out I have really low iron...very treatable...I should definately visit the doctors more than once every 5 years. Good move Sam!!

If you do get on meds, make sure you talk to your doctor about whether or not you can eat grapefruit while on the meds. I got jacked up back in '07 with what the doc called 'chemically-induced' hepatitis. I was taking a fairly new statin & chomping on some grapefruit. Never knew that you couldn't do that while on this med...

Back