Amazing turn of events

kaycee04le

Registered
A recent turn of events has me on cloud nine!!

In 2006/2007 my brother and I, along with a number of friends, rebuilt a 2004 Suzuki Hayabusa that My wife and I had. It had been laid over in the spring while on my way to class and needed some cosmetic work. While rebuilding this bike, we upgraded everything that we could afford, and the end result was truly a beautiful machine.

The paint was as close to perfect as you could get, the exhaust sounded perfect, the throttle response was incredible, and the aggressive gearing really made me sometimes wonder if I was going to stay on the bike, or if I was going off the back...

In the summer of 2009, with girls playing sports, and bills to pay, we made the difficult decision to sell the bike and focus on other responsibilities. It was hard, but it had to be done.

Occasionally I would search Craigslist or FB with the VIN and see if it was sitting for sale somewhere. On Monday, without searching, a recent ad popped up in my FB Marketplace. The picture was unmistakable. The HMF high-mount exhaust, the incredible orange glow from that perfect paint color, the custom ordered Kanji graphics... She was back!

After 10 years, the bike was less than 5 miles from our front door. We went and looked at her yesterday, and bought her back last night!

There is a lot of work to be done, a full repaint, some other cosmetic updates, but she still sounds as good as she always did! The familiar sound of that throaty exhaust was euphoric pulling into the driveway last night!

Lots of pictures to come in the coming months!
44FFCB7E-8F24-401D-91D2-7AE687859AF6.jpeg

A recent turn of events has me on cloud nine!!

In 2006/2007 my brother and I, along with a number of friends, rebuilt a 2004 Suzuki Hayabusa that My wife and I had. It had been laid over in the spring while on my way to class and needed some cosmetic work. While rebuilding this bike, we upgraded everything that we could afford, and the end result was truly a beautiful machine.

The paint was as close to perfect as you could get, the exhaust sounded perfect, the throttle response was incredible, and the aggressive gearing really made me sometimes wonder if I was going to stay on the bike, or if I was going off the back...

In the summer of 2009, with girls playing sports, and bills to pay, we made the difficult decision to sell the bike and focus on other responsibilities. It was hard, but it had to be done.

Occasionally I would search Craigslist or FB with the VIN and see if it was sitting for sale somewhere. On Monday, without searching, a recent ad popped up in my FB Marketplace. The picture was unmistakable. The HMF high-mount exhaust, the incredible orange glow from that perfect paint color, the custom ordered Kanji graphics... She was back!

After 10 years, the bike was less than 5 miles from our front door. We went and looked at her yesterday, and bought her back last night!

There is a lot of work to be done, a full repaint, some other cosmetic updates, but she still sounds as good as she always did! The familiar sound of that throaty exhaust was euphoric pulling into the driveway last night!

Lots of pictures to come in the coming months!View attachment 1610204
That's awesome to find your bike and even more so as close as it was. Since trading my old srad in fir my busa I've constantly looked for it to pop back up for sale and gives me a little hope seeing you found yours again. Can't wait to see your progress as you go back thru it. :beerchug:

Very cool!
But where’s the front guard?
And why a complete repaint? Paint looks great . . .
The front guard is off of it, someone has lowered the front with the top triple tree plate that I put on it. Not sure why, but the fender is in good shape.

The paint has quite a few scrapes and a few large cracked bubbles that will eventually flake off, that's why I am planning on a full paint refresh. :)

Back