Recent chain of events at the Org.

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
I've been here since '05. I've met some fantastic people here...made some friends I'll have for the rest of my life. Seen drama, seen lots of threads I didn't care to click on. Watched... heck, been involved in verbal sparing. Seen a lot of good members fade away.

Honestly, I've not spent nearly as much time here over the last few years as I did in the first few.. I spend most of my time on a regional forum. I do, however, continue to pay attention to what goes on here. I've always respected the way this forum has been run, but I can't help but wonder.. is this become too close to Mr Rogers neighborhood? Actually...Mr Rogers is not correct..maybe Mr Rogers with an anger management problem would be closer..

Just a few words to the admin on this site;

Looks like there has been some bannin' going on around here. It seems to me the reins have tightened more and more in this house. I've also seen some real hypocrisy, and instances where favoritism has been obvious.

People come to a forum for fun. To talk to like minded individuals, typically about a particular subject (ie; motorcycles), but also to banter about other pieces of life... but again.. mostly for fun.

When a place is no longer fun.... people will stop coming.

Just food for thought from one dumb redneck.

MJN, this is exactly the same thoughts I posted last night...it is becoming to authoritarian...there is a time to step in and apply the oil to troubled waters...but as soon as the slightest wind arises.. it's," hit the lifeboats or batten down the hatches"...people can spar a bit and it teaches those who do it to learn about other people's personalities...and how to deal with them. We have many different writing styles, ways of thinking, avenues of communicating...Captain...we know you are a good man...and this is a great site...but sometimes the leashes are being snugged down way to tight for comfort. Pretty soon if this direction keeps up most of the threads will be reposts...and to me it seems like there are way too many reposts lately...why is that?
Let us be men and women with voices and different styles and opinions...throw the fire blanket on us when it gets a little to crispy...but for goodness sake don't suck the wind out of our sails and leave our sails slatting in the dead calm...no forward progress will ever be made that way...your hand is on the tiller...is this really the direction you want to go? I respect you, Captain, can you loosen up a bit? We can get a little rambunctious at times...but that is fun and people can weather the heat as long as it doesn't get too personal...then throw the bucket of water on it to squealch the fire..respectfully, really respectfully, 2hip

Well Mark, I know what you mean. Many member that used to frequent this forum when I joined are long gone, or just lurk now. It's a shame. It used to be very entertaining and friendly. There was always some good natured ribbing and joking between members. Most of that environment is gone.

I have always liked that the cursing has been kept to a minimum hear. That is the main reason I like it. I don't like being barraged by profanity in every thread I open, like a few local forums I used to frequent.

I know the Mod and Admins work hard to keep this family friendly. Hats off to them for being vigilant. I know nobody is perfect, but please be careful that you don't practice hypocrisy. It's too easy to play the "Do as I say, not as I do" game.

Thank CAp for keeping things going with the highs and the lows. It's been an interesting five and a half years here. Hopefully there will many more.

What can we to make this a fun board again.

:beerchug:

That is the Main Reason I Joined the ORG back in 07. It was a kinda Freindly Yet Controversial Website. People Seemed to have the Freedom to Voice there OWN Opinion without Fear of ANYTHING :dunno:

I was Just Recently asked by an ADMIN here on the Org "What is the EXACT Rule You DON'T Agree with ?" Now that I think About it..............It's NOT ANY RULE that I Disagree with it's the SPIRIT Behind it. I Guess I DISAGREE with it's Direction. Where does it STOP ?

There is NO EASY WAY OUT !!!!!!!!

On the Other Hand :thumbsup:

"What the Heck Do I know..........I am Just a 400 Pound Gorilla in the Room" :whistle:

Cmon guys I just got a reprimand from admin for my sperm post, and it was fair, respectful and well communicated.

My experience of mod discipline and their attitude has been exceptional.

And that's even with a very recent org birthdate.

I have been an on and off visitor here for less than a year. In that time I have seen some changes...but to be honest, I don't really see why they should bother me unless I was being offensive. This IS a family oriented site and I don't see why we can't tone down the language and sexual innuendo a bit. Perhaps the bannings are a bit excessive...I can't say for sure because I don't know the entire story...nor do I really want to. I come here for the Hayabusa camaraderie, not for toilet humor (although there is definitely a time and place for it!) From my perspective, there's nothing here that would cause me to find this site any less appealing today than I did a year ago.

i can say there is something that is makeing it less appealling... too many up in arms about the rules....its distracting from the good reading and laughter i get when i come here

Be Patient, at the moment, there is too much dust in the air to see clearly. Let the dust settle and tempers cool, then look at where you are at.

I've been here since '05. I've met some fantastic people here...made some friends I'll have for the rest of my life. Seen drama, seen lots of threads I didn't care to click on. Watched... heck, been involved in verbal sparing. Seen a lot of good members fade away.

Honestly, I've not spent nearly as much time here over the last few years as I did in the first few.. I spend most of my time on a regional forum. I do, however, continue to pay attention to what goes on here. I've always respected the way this forum has been run, but I can't help but wonder.. is this become too close to Mr Rogers neighborhood? Actually...Mr Rogers is not correct..maybe Mr Rogers with an anger management problem would be closer..

Just a few words to the admin on this site;

Looks like there has been some bannin' going on around here. It seems to me the reins have tightened more and more in this house. I've also seen some real hypocrisy, and instances where favoritism has been obvious.

People come to a forum for fun. To talk to like minded individuals, typically about a particular subject (ie; motorcycles), but also to banter about other pieces of life... but again.. mostly for fun.

When a place is no longer fun.... people will stop coming.

Just food for thought from one dumb redneck.

I know it seems like things have changed around here but it's still pretty much the same really. The new rules we set in place are not much different then what was here before.
We Mod/Admins do not take this lightly and we worked very hard to try and come up with something fair for all the members. We value your opinion and if you have a problem we will try our very best to solve it. I invite you to stick around and enjoy this place again as you once did. Like Robot said, we need to be patient and let the dust settle then the true nature of the board will be back on track!

It's no longer fun to be a post h#...there's supposed to be an o at the end of that h...i agree it USED to be fun. Im still here cause I love my peeps:thumbsup:don't mind rules, but i think the general thought is where's the fun..hell i'd PAY as would MOST to addservers, capacity etc just so we could express ourselves as stupidly and as fun as we used to...every time i read an old thread and I see BABUA getting a :cheerleader:Page:cheerleader:It kinda makes me laugh but kinda sad too... and posts dont count in the random? didnt even know that till recently..dunno...I don't "blame" anyone and lord knows Semi, BoB twotone Vabs Mustang and other admins have my deepest respect stil and always will...so i like i said ...i dunno???

It's no longer fun to be a post h#...there's supposed to be an o at the end of that h...i agree it USED to be fun. Im still here cause I love my peeps:thumbsup:don't mind rules, but i think the general thought is where's the fun..hell i'd PAY as would MOST to addservers, capacity etc just so we could express ourselves as stupidly and as fun as we used to...every time i read an old thread and I see BABUA getting a :cheerleader:Page:cheerleader:It kinda makes me laugh but kinda sad too... and posts dont count in the random? didnt even know that till recently..dunno...I don't "blame" anyone and lord knows Semi, BoB twotone Vabs Mustang and other admins have my deepest respect stil and always will...so i like i said ...i dunno???

I so expected my name to in BIG BOLD LETTERS cause I know you like me best:blonde: right?....right?

Couldn't care less about the new rules for one reason , because they are the same as the old ones.
I came here originally to find fellow Busa riders as most everyone in VT likes the Harley-Davidson for some reason.:flush:

The big bonus I found was the amount of Knowledge available here for maintaince projects,finding great deals on parts and making some new friends.

Still only 2 other Busa riders registered from VT on these forms in 7 years, but nothing I can do about that .:tongue4:

Lycan, the only area where posts do not count is the Play Ground. And that is being reserved for completely useless post ho'in. So if you see pages and pages of emoticons as fun, then thats where they are. We're not saying you can't still post a goofy or fun response in a thread, just not pages of it which takes away from any real information that could be gleaned from a thread. Random thoughts posts still count as usual.

I just think everybody needs to get out and ride. This winter has been hard on all most everyone. We've been locked down to long and now it's time to crank up, go out and get some fresh air. Just my $.02

I just think everybody needs to get out and ride. This winter has been hard on all most everyone. We've been locked down to long and now it's time to crank up, go out and get some fresh air. Just my $.02

Well some of us don't have that luxury! :rofl: Ice, salt, frigid sub zero wind chills....riding isn't an option for the northern tier states this year. I'm just waiting for a SINGLE day of above freezing temps with SUNSHINE, not this cloudy or foggy stuff we've been getting with tolerable temps to get a ride in. So far from the looks of things it's not gonna happen anytime soon, at least not in the next 10 days according to the forecast.

I swear if Phil sees his shadow in 5 days, I'm gonna drive to Punxsutawney and have me some rodent stew! :rofl: I may not see the end of winter for 6 more weeks but I bet I can make enough stew out of his plump little body to last me 6 weeks! :laugh:

On a lighter note, I too feel that the site rules are just as they were in the past, really not a huge difference around here other than a few people decided to test the waters and got bit - I'm sure they've learned. The mods can't catch every post, it's up to others to report the swearing they see that a mod might not have seen. Maybe there's been some questionable decisions such as Puggles thread (heck, my mom talks medical stuff with me all the time so I'd say it's mother-in-law safe.....right ???) but interpretation is always going to be subject to the varying views of different people. We're all unique thinkers here. Group hug at the Spring Bash? :laugh:

Lycan, the only area where posts do not count is the Play Ground. And that is being reserved for completely useless post ho'in. So if you see pages and pages of emoticons as fun, then thats where they are. We're not saying you can't still post a goofy or fun response in a thread, just not pages of it which takes away from any real information that could be gleaned from a thread. Random thoughts posts still count as usual.

Leave it to me to get even those rules wrong:laugh::laugh:

I agree, I really do...BUT, we all knew that once a thread was relatively dead it would deteriorate into an all out fun time...and frankly i think it was ok because you KNEW when it had changed into just a good 'ol fun havin thread...I still say I dont disagree with what Cap has done for the sake of the community in general, and again, I will not say anything negative about the admins...save one...but thats another story???...anywho...yes nude pics a nono, swearing a nono, objectionable behavior that damages the house Cap has built a nono...i agree with all these things I always have...Im just commenting about the "fun" side that the member mentioned...

I talk to MANY members on a recurring basis via phone...you'd be surprised at how many of them actually:laugh: and usually "not as much fun anymore" gets mentioned a lot. I dont think of this thread as a "bashing the org" thread...Im kinda thinking of it...i guess like an "intervention?":laugh:

So...Hillbilly deluxe:laugh::laugh:I stand with you today and support you for this post...well said..I'm behind you..:thumbsup:

In case someone starts throwing rocks, you'll get hit first:rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Well...I SHOULD make you THAT guy...since you chnaged your NAME???but we will have a coming to jesus as they say about THAT one at the Bash:laugh:

No, you're not that Admin brutha...:laugh:

Back