Re-design of the 2016 busa news!

look at things this way :
the reason so may after market parts are available is because the bike is the same format and that make it easier for RC company's to produce high performance parts there is not much available for Kawasaki ZX14 that is the reason I bought the Busa.
if you want to go fast. look at after market build kits Cam shafts flowing the heads turbo kits bigger injectors ect . APE. American performance Engineering parts big bore kits, crank kits, stoker kits
for years the Japanese have went to Europe and looked at what the European's have re engineered the Japanese motorcycles and took the changes back to the manufacture's, and then that 's the new bike out next year

KAWI is putting out an SE edition of the ZX-14 that has updated electronics and uprated brembos with SS lines and radial master cylinders. All in Matte black and it looks pretty mean. Even incremental changes like that would be welcome on the Busa.

KAWI is putting out an SE edition of the ZX-14 that has updated electronics and uprated brembos with SS lines and radial master cylinders. All in Matte black and it looks pretty mean. Even incremental changes like that would be welcome on the Busa.

Hasn't the 14 always came with radial cyclinders? I know I have a set of 2012 ones and they are radial.

Suzuki just read your post. They said next year they will offer matte black.

On the ZX14R...
I had a ZX14 (2012), rode this bike for 1500 miles and came across the 2013 Busa I had last.

My first impression was that the BUSA would feel the same as the ZX14 in terms of maneuverability and comfort, however I was very impressed to see that the BUSA is a much easier bike to maneuver, in special when you come to curves on a highway or you leave a highway and need to turn...that is where the BUSA is simply and absolutely safer in handling.

My ZX14 got me in trouble a few times, as it seems to WANT to just go straight and not turn. Also the power output on the ZX14 is not the same as the BUSA, even though it has more HP.

In my opinion, I will wait for the 2016 BUSA, and in case it has no changes...then I will buy a new left over 14 or 15 at lower price, but I cannot see myself getting back to the ZX14, unless the new ZX14R has really changed in terms of FORWARD MOMENTUM, because that bike was not made for curves and turns!
(IN MY OPINION)

If anyone has experienced the same with older ZX14 and now has changed their minds on the new ZX14R, then I would love to know and maybe try it again, but if the new ZX14R handles the same as it did in 2012...it is a no go for me, and if you buy one, you will agree with me...THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE between the two and the BUSA is a much safer bike for normal local-highway riding...

Cheers
LCL

You're so right about the ZX14. I had one for one year...hated it. That bike does not turn. I never felt confortable into turns. I almost killed miself once. Went back to a Busa. I was so happy seeing it go when I sold it. My girlfriend was even happyer then me...she hated it so much, she still talks about how it wasn't confortable. And...she loves my Busa.

12096239_1171646876196898_7620620093059178361_n.jpg

anyone buying a Busa or a 14 to handle is buying the wrong bike. they were made to go fast straight. u want a handling bike buy a Ducati or a MV Agusta or a BMW.

We're not talking about racing here. There is a huge difference between the Busa and the ZX14 in terms of handling. In fast corners, the Busa is solid, easy to handle, and don't worry, that bike can turn. But the ZX14 feels like it want to go straight. I never felt confortable riding the backroads, a real nightmare.

The Busa doesn't have anything on the ZX14 comfort wise. Busa's are fine if you're skinny but as soon as you add a few pounds that extra reach to the bars sucks.

I own both an 08 busa and a 08 ZX-14. The busa handles much better even though I have dropped about 85 lbs off the 14 and the busa is still mostly stock. The 14 has Ohlins suspension front ad rear and Carrazzeria wheels and still the busa just feels much more predictable in the corners. What has been said about the 14 "not wanting to turn" is right on the mark. I have to put some effort into holding the handle bars in a corner and the busa feels very neutral. I feel safer pushing the busa in a corner. They are both awesome bikes but this issue of handling is what has made me decide to WAIT until there is a new busa before buying a new hyperbike. The busa is also better quality casting and parts all around. The only thing the 14 has that's better is brakes and those are very nice. Buy a ZX-10 or 6 if you want a Kaw but I think busa is a better hyperbike than the 14. Get a turbo or nitrous if you're worried about the "lack in hp."

Back