My Radiator Problem On My 2016 Busa (updated)

busalife2016

Registered
So after talking with you guys I got enough information to call suzuki of America and talk to them. The guy I spoke with was a complete bobo he tried to tell me that it was normal to have corrosion in the radiator *note he hadn't seen the picture* he tried to tell me riding it at crazy speeds could cause this!! dude was being a complete A** I mean I couldn't even get over the stuff he was saying, he told me and I quote the radiator isn't part of the motor we don't cover that...when I heard that I got frustrated started yelling at the phone and told him to let me speak to a supervisor he then said that wouldn't get escalated to that. I asked for a email so he could look at the picture because again this is not normal he gave me one I sent the picture to him, he looked at it and said oh wow that's an extreme amount I just said what am I gonna do about what is going on with a bike that is practically new he then said I will send it to my bosses and go from there.....so I get a call from the dealer I bought the bike from today and suzuki had called them about the picture and amount of corrosion in the radiator!!!! This is where it gets interesting....aparently some of the gen 2's are getting shorts within the fans which is causing the radiator to conduct electricity threw it which is causing the coolant to hold volts of electricity! yes I know what your thinking well I really don't lol but we grabbed a om meter and as suzuki told the service guy to stick it in the coolant if it reads volts then the problem lies within a short from the fan and sure enough the coolant had 13 Volts of electricity running threw it!!! Right side fan was the side that shorted out it was sending volts threw the radiator which was going threw the coolant obviously suzuki is aware of this and told him to replace my fans but now they don't know if they will replace my radiator because I didn't buy a oem radiator but it shouldn't matter the oem radiator cracked from corrosion so they should be replacing my radiator with a oem one and refunding me the money I spent on the other radiator I brought it up there during the warranty period it should be replaced and refunded there techs told me a rock hit it so I'm waiting to hear back from suzuki this shall be interesting!!!! Thanks for all the advice you guys gave if it wasn't for you all I would have never called suzuki

Man hard to read no periods :)
So they should replace the radiator with an oem. I don't think they should refund you the radiator you bought. That was your choice.
But you can always keep it for a spare or sell it. The bigger items if I were you...
Will this cause corrosion in the block? Maybe someone can answer this. I'm thinking since the motor is aluminum it's very possible corrosion inside the motor.
Larger issue to the original poster.... are you able to glean anymore info from your factory or dealer source if this can short issue is wider spread? Did they say any model years. Man this could be bad for some people.

Man hard to read no periods :)
So they should replace the radiator with an oem. I don't think they should refund you the radiator you bought. That was your choice.
But you can always keep it for a spare or sell it. The bigger items if I were you...
Will this cause corrosion in the block? Maybe someone can answer this. I'm thinking since the motor is aluminum it's very possible corrosion inside the motor.
Larger issue to the original poster.... are you able to glean anymore info from your factory or dealer source if this can short issue is wider spread? Did they say any model years. Man this could be bad for some people.
Well only reason I say they should refund me is because the dealer told me it was caused by a rock it was dented so of course I bought a new one thinking yes it was a rock but it wasn't they never took the radiator off to even check who's to say I pay the $1000 for new radiator plus service fee and they seen it and just threw the old one away and never told me about all the corrosion? My point is I brought that bike to the dealer twice and they told me it was normal I spent money on something listening to the service people only to realize it's an manufactured defect. And yes I also thought about the block and corrosion inside I'm going to wait on suzuki to call me back and see what they say I will bring that up. They didn't tell me years but said it was a known issue

The big question is how many of us will be sticking an ohm meter in our radiator this weekend or our next oil change.

Reactions: c10
The big question is how many of us will be sticking an ohm meter in our radiator this weekend or our next oil change.
Lol right :laugh::laugh::laugh: when the service tech said put the ohm meter in the coolant I looked at him like go ahead mess your meter up glad it's yours and not mine lol. But I figured it was the right fan it wasn't kicking on and when I told the tech it wasn't he said the fans are a two stage system when 1 fan couldn't handle the cool of that when the other cuts on but I couldn't find that anywhere in service manual :banghead:

So basically if I've got this right , if either fan does not kick in it could be shorting in the coolant,if there both working it's all good

So basically if I've got this right , if either fan does not kick in it could be shorting in the coolant,if there both working it's all good
Yep u got it!! When he said it I myself didn't believe it but as soon as we stuck that ohm meter in the coolant we got volts...checked both fans left side was good right side was bad.

Yeah I would def like to hear what Suzuki has to say.
If their failed fan caused the issue is really push to have the engine looked at.

Back