Radiator Problem On 2016?

busalife2016

Registered
Hello guys I have a 2016 I haven't risen it i a week or two and today was the first time since it has 5600 miles on it. I decided to get out I never rode it over 80mph...on highway it never over heated it never once ran hot as soon as I got to my buddies house I turned the bike off got up and radiator fluid started running down his driveway.....I thought I busted the radiator so we tore the right side fairing off nothing was wrong and it still had plenty of fluid but there is a small radiator hose that runs on the side of the tank I'm guessing when it gets to hot and goes up it can run out of there???? Is that normal? It's never happened it rode home fine still plenty fluid just wanting some advice.thanks

Over flow tank supose to happen espicaly if over filled . just a few ounces to much in over flow tank will make the system puke out a bit on a warm day . that is why thank has marks on it .

Over flow tank supose to happen espicaly if over filled . just a few ounces to much in over flow tank will make the system puke out a bit on a warm day . that is why thank has marks on it .
O ok just curios it's never happened before...here today in Oklahoma high was 70 when I got out and about it was 68 so I was kinda like wth is goin on.

Re check the coolant level, if it's between min-max marks it must have been overfiiled in the first place.Go for another ride and see what happens

Re check the coolant level, if it's between min-max marks it must have been overfiiled in the first place.Go for another ride and see what happens
Ok cool I'm gonna check it when I get home today just weird it did that it's not even a year old maybe they over filled at 600 mile service marker

Ok update I let the bike run for 10-12min in neutral the bike got pretty hot but the fan never kicked on the temperature gauge got to the middle line but never went over I continued to let it run but fans never kicked on bike was pretty hot by this time I cut it off I looked at the Reservoir and bubbles was going in there then it stopped it didn't rise and leak out but wth is goin on bike isn't a year old it will be on the 30th please if any advise please lmk anything helps

My fan won't kick on until I get just barely over the 1/2 mark. It never goes higher than that.

My fan won't kick on until I get just barely over the 1/2 mark. It never goes higher than that.
I let it get to the half mark it sat there for about 2-3min and still never kicked on just weird this happened I'm going to check the fan fuse and taking to dealer in the morning

The fans are very quiet . you have a temp gun ? Middle line is normal and around bike sitting still it will feel hot espicaly with oem header that has cats!

The fans are very quiet . you have a temp gun ? Middle line is normal and around bike sitting still it will feel hot espicaly with oem header that has cats!
No I don't have a temp gun I was on one knee starting at fam to see when it would kick on...I also have Brock's header and alien exhaust package on it.

Who put all your parts on ? Did they pull radiator to install header ? How many miles after this work has been done

Who put all your parts on ? Did they pull radiator to install header ? How many miles after this work has been done
Dealer (Oklahoma Honda/Suzuki) put header/exhaust on when I purchased the bike brand new o miles showroom bike....bike has rode to Texas numerous times this the first time it has done this that's why I was a bit worried

Take it to the dealer as bike has warranty, that way if there is a problem the fault will be logged, +whilst under warranty don't give yourself a headache over it ,

If they pulled the radiator to put on the Brock's header there is a chance they got air in the lines. You could try bleeding the radiator line. As for the fan it does sound like you didn't let it run long enough.

When I flashed my ecu I set it to come on a bit earlier.

Back