Re-design of the 2016 busa news!

brazeagle

Registered
Dear all,
I was the owner of a 2013 Hayabusa, which was sold last year.

I am very excited to learn that the BUSA will have serious modifications in 2016 as I read many other sources of information.

I would like to know if anyone has any inside information on this matter.

Any inputs would be great to know.

Thank you
LCL

Dear all,
I was the owner of a 2013 Hayabusa, which was sold last year.

I am very excited to learn that the BUSA will have serious modifications in 2016 as I read many other sources of information.

I would like to know if anyone has any inside information on this matter.

Any inputs would be great to know.

Thank you
LCL

Your title gave me false hope. I'm looking too or I may go ZX14R in 2016. :plain:

New Gixxer next year first. Gen III will depend on when current stock is depleted.

I don't really know, but that would be my best guess.

On the ZX14R...
I had a ZX14 (2012), rode this bike for 1500 miles and came across the 2013 Busa I had last.

My first impression was that the BUSA would feel the same as the ZX14 in terms of maneuverability and comfort, however I was very impressed to see that the BUSA is a much easier bike to maneuver, in special when you come to curves on a highway or you leave a highway and need to turn...that is where the BUSA is simply and absolutely safer in handling.

My ZX14 got me in trouble a few times, as it seems to WANT to just go straight and not turn. Also the power output on the ZX14 is not the same as the BUSA, even though it has more HP.

In my opinion, I will wait for the 2016 BUSA, and in case it has no changes...then I will buy a new left over 14 or 15 at lower price, but I cannot see myself getting back to the ZX14, unless the new ZX14R has really changed in terms of FORWARD MOMENTUM, because that bike was not made for curves and turns!
(IN MY OPINION)

If anyone has experienced the same with older ZX14 and now has changed their minds on the new ZX14R, then I would love to know and maybe try it again, but if the new ZX14R handles the same as it did in 2012...it is a no go for me, and if you buy one, you will agree with me...THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE between the two and the BUSA is a much safer bike for normal local-highway riding...

Cheers
LCL

All I can say about the zx14R is there was a lot of guys on here throughout the years that drunk the gang green kool aid and traded their busa in for 1 but there are very few that still ride 1. They've either went back to the busa or moved on to something else. On paper it is a supposed to be a superior bike but it's a paper champ and nothing more.... :whistle:

I had the same feeling about the BUSA when I purchased one...It was really REALLY a much better bike for the reasons I explained before...
I really wonder if the ZX14 R was changed from 2012 to 2015, in terms of handling.

Also, and unfortunately, as our tastes are different, and I CANNOT like those blunt colors of the ZX14...it is either BLUE-GREEN-BLACK-RED with weird stripe colors...THEY ALSO got to change that!

Cheers
LCL

If all you care about is 1/4 mile / HP #s , and like green then do a 14 . If you want a full package deal then you keep what you own already .

anyone buying a Busa or a 14 to handle is buying the wrong bike. they were made to go fast straight. u want a handling bike buy a Ducati or a MV Agusta or a BMW.

anyone buying a Busa or a 14 to handle is buying the wrong bike. they were made to go fast straight. u want a handling bike buy a Ducati or a MV Agusta or a BMW.

I want a bike fast in straight line, good on corners, and comfortable for a 250 mile ride.

I want a bike fast in straight line, good on corners, and comfortable for a 250 mile ride.
the Busa is good on corners jus not great. although, I do have a friend who drags his knee on his Busa and makes a fool out of local guys on liter bikes but I've also seen him on his other bike which is a BMW1000rr and he's just on another level with that thing.

I think the 14 will go str8 fast and be good for a 250 mile ride. hav no clue how they corner tho.

A 14 is smoother and certainly is faster. I'm no corner burner so I really can't comment on the handling. My stuff gets lowered anyway so it may be a mute point. The advantage to the Busa for me has been aftermarket support.

All I can say about the zx14R is there was a lot of guys on here throughout the years that drunk the gang green kool aid and traded their busa in for 1 but there are very few that still ride 1. They've either went back to the busa or moved on to something else. On paper it is a supposed to be a superior bike but it's a paper champ and nothing more.... :whistle:

don't like kool aid but I will say it again....the busa has better ergo's than the 14r....some are confused with this.....that's it.......performance is no where close to the 14r,and that silky smooth engine..the 14r has jaw dropping amazing brakes at 150 plus...and the suspension was killer for my 220 pound self......setting sag {fork} on the busa really angers me cause it's a joke.....but being 50 plus the ergo's win......but now the busa feels like a toy after riding the F6B

don't like kool aid but I will say it again....the busa has better ergo's than the 14r....some are confused with this.....that's it.......performance is no where close to the 14r,and that silky smooth engine..the 14r has jaw dropping amazing brakes at 150 plus...and the suspension was killer for my 220 pound self......setting sag {fork} on the busa really angers me cause it's a joke.....but being 50 plus the ergo's win......but now the busa feels like a toy after riding the F6B

Agreed that F6B is a sleeping jewel that rips over most baggers! Although, there are the haters that will say it has no soul, I say to hell with that that bike is about as perfect as factory bagger can be. Hopefully the aftermarket will catch up.

As I have said before, the 14 is not very comfy. Feels very large, as if you just wrapped ur legs around a school bus! The Busa feels so much smaller actually.
Troy

As I have said before, the 14 is not very comfy. Feels very large, as if you just wrapped ur legs around a school bus! The Busa feels so much smaller actually.
Troy

When I owned both busa and 14r..I was in between 2 shoulder/arm surgery's.Could ride the busa at that time with no pain,the wider stance of the 14r caused pain!!! in the left shoulder As in stance of the wider grips.It would be "now" as in this year till I could ride it..got an offer for 10k last summer and took it.Can't see letting it sit for a year and keeping it.....it's just a machine they come and go.

I agree with the ZX14 being bigger and feel MUCH BIGGER.

I went to a Suzuki and a Kawasaki store today, set on both 2015 in the showroom, my wife did the same and she like the looks of the BUSA better, besides she says it is more comfortable to seat as a passenger on the Busa...I cannot see that, as the seat on the ZX14R is bigger and better, but that is her opinion as a passenger!

The BUSA really wins in terms of size and looks (no comparison to me), however my son, 11 years old, also a dirt biker boy, SAID "DADDY, the ZX14R looks way much better"...strange, as I also had the impression he would think that the BUSA looked MUCH BETTER...like me and mom did!

Anyway, I am set, I will continue riding my current Triumph for now until I hear SUZUKI announce the 2016 BUSA, and if there is no AT LEAST TRACTION CONTROL, then I will go for the ZX14R, which is really loaded in terms of safety (electronics), otherwise, if Suzuki offers AT LEAST a traction control, without any other modification, then the BUSA WILL BE, as I feel the BUSA a much nicer and more appealing bike to me.

These are my previous bikes I have sold BOTH.
The ZX14 was a 2007 BRAND NEW and my BUSA was a 2013 BRAND NEW. I could not stand the handling of the 2007 ZX14, which has considerably changed after 2012! so that is why I am again considering one!
Cheers all,
LCL

DSC_0454.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

Loaded with safety/electronics . Your right hand is all the traction control one needs . Know your bike/road/conditions . Expecting gadgets to make it safer is a false security . No traction control in below video , rain/wet/gravel

https://youtu.be/EbhuQzNQQPM

Loaded with safety/electronics . Your right hand is all the traction control one needs . Know your bike/road/conditions . Expecting gadgets to make it safer is a false security . No traction control in below video , rain/wet/gravel

https://youtu.be/EbhuQzNQQPM

Personally, I hear great stories of these electronic devices but I am a little untrustworthy of anything interfering between me and my throttle/brake. Never ridden one though. Not sure I'd want to.

A bit more power and maybe an updated dash and I'm set :super:

I know on my truck ABS makes it downright dangerous on slippery roads unless it is disabled. The ability to disable it is an at home modification too.

Back