Busa makes the news

I still think its kinda crazy that any Joe with the cash can go and legally buy a busa and ride it.
I'll tell you what is really crazy. The state of Maryland requires that you pass the riding skills test on anything 49cc or bigger. I mean really now... someone can take a 49cc scooter, pass the skills test and buy a Busa. Is that the absolute dumbest thing you've ever heard?

I don't want any more regulations than we have already in the great US-of-A. Yes these bikes are crazy fast, and it is the owners responsibility to ride responsibly. However, cruiser drivers are killed frequently as well.

hmmm, not all that far away.

Atleast he did say something about a small percent of riders doing this

Even though the salesman suppossed facts are a little twisted and stretched the fact remains that alot of people are getting on these rockets and killing themselves making in extremely bad for those that are cautious and aware drivers.
mad.gif

"Hot new breed of high-powered sportsbikes?" What, did something happen this year that I missed? Aside from the fact that you can die from falling over, I had a friend who spent two months in intensive care--and almost died--after a truck pulled out in front of his bicycle. And he didn't even hit the truck. We don't need more regulation ... we just need more smarts. Or track days.

It's sick the way the media likes to sensationalize this stuff for the ignorant general public, who eat it up. The dealer might want to adjust his story as well. Nothing new here.

It's free advertisement for him. Sensationalize everything, if he didn't think it's a good idea to sell to us newbies then why hype the numbers. Don't tell someone they can't have the fastest or baddest bike around without them expecting to get one. This guys a joke and I can't beleive they printed his comments. Bad job of reporting IMO.

Back