Busa still king aerodynamically according to sr

(umairhashmi @ Sep. 01 2006,13:06)
(--Guclu @ Aug. 31 2006,03:52) can you post complete article , who is 2nd , who is 5th etc etc ... thanx
smile.gif
The complete CDAs are in the article.I left the mag at work but here are the numbers.
1.Hayabusa
2.Gsxr1000
3.Zx10
4.Zx14
I would have liked to see the RI in the lineup as well.Its my favorite literbike
thanx
smile.gif

smile.gif

Have you seen how much bigger the head of the ZX14 is than say - a CBR?  check this out!  Blech!  Is it this big in person?

huge_nose2.jpg

Compare it to one of the sweet busa's off the org... wow! Dunno who's this is - but it's sleek especially compared to the ZX14.

busa13.jpg

It was posted on SH.org a while back .. It went something like this Rider on the bike tucked in where Cd Busa 3.87 zx14 Cd 3.89 I'm not sure the numbers are right but i do remember they where only 0.02 numbers off ...Dave0 said they are so close that the riders aeros could make it go either way...Dave0 said Kawi did a great job on the aeros..The aero numbers for riders setting up where better on the zx14 Vs Busa and that makes for a better every day riding..
The Gixxer was much better than most would have believed , it only a tick behind the Busa... With the Gixxer making close to the same HP as the Busa i see why the Gixxer is kicking Busa ass...

(Spigga @ Aug. 31 2006,22:34) I remember reading a test in which it said although the 14 gets from 0-180mph a half of a second quicker than the Busa, the Busa began to run the 14 down from 170 on up. Gee ... I wonder why that is?
wink.gif
Lets see 1/2 second ahead at 180 that means it would only take the Busa another mile to get even with the zx14 .... I don't know many races that last 2 miles or a place that you can run 2 miles... So 2 miles to run down a zx14 with a busa ... I don't know about you but that race was over long before two miles ...If SH.org ever get back up and running check out the top speed thread .... Maxton Mile stock production record was reset to 196.1 by a zx14 with 24 miles showing on the speedo ( speed limiter removed by added a 18 tooth front sprocket) The Bike is owned by team Milholland and chad Milholland was the rider ..The new record 196.1 was 16 mph faster that the old record of 180 ....... Rickey Gadson just when 8.13 @186 at Atco prostar race ....I say the zx14 Aeros are working pretty good ...

(1300hemibusa @ Sep. 12 2006,09:09) With the Gixxer making close to the same HP as the Busa i see why the Gixxer is kicking Busa ass...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

Don't forget the Gixx is close to 100 lbs lighter than the Busa as well. Good aeros, lots of HP, very flickable and racetrack/canyon ready....That's why I made the switch.

oh yeah...

ryangixx3-1.jpg

ryangixx2-1.jpg

ryangixx-1.jpg

biggrin.gif

(gtrpimp76 @ Sep. 12 2006,19:16)
(1300hemibusa @ Sep. 12 2006,09:09) With the Gixxer making close to the same HP as the Busa i see why the Gixxer is kicking Busa ass...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

Don't forget the Gixx is close to 100 lbs lighter than the Busa as well. Good aeros, lots of HP, very flickable and racetrack/canyon ready....That's why I made the switch.

oh yeah...

ryangixx3-1.jpg

ryangixx2-1.jpg

ryangixx-1.jpg
Amen Bro the Gixxer is one great bike and good looks to boot !!!!
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Aug. 30 2006,23:53) ......... I said this FACT from the start.....

That's why the Busa is still considered "king" in many circles... because the 14 can't hang in so many departments other than sheer motor power! Sticking a big engine inside a bike is nothing! My dad's RoadStar has a 1600cc but his can't can't even begin to match my bike on the road...........
78th day of ownership:
fairinghole.jpg

Yellow is dragging - red is a hole.............seems to handle better than you think. Not a single mm of "chicken strip"...........

Back