Busa makes the news

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
Sport bike riders are falling like flies around here lately and the local paper did this spot;
http://www.al.com/news....ontinue

Halls Motor Sports is an established dealership in Mobile and one of the owners was quoted numerous times regarding the Busa...

Am I the only one who reads this and cringes?!

It almost sounds like the article is saying that Hayabusa's are the speed and stunt freaks everyone see's on the road. I would have prefered, in this case, for the ZX12 to have made the news in this case.
sad.gif

This wasn't good press imo...

200 hp yes but, not off the showroom floor. How long has he been selling motorcycles?

typical salesman who dosnt know shid about what he is selling. i know there are good ones too, but far and few

200 hp yes but, not off the showroom floor. How long has he been selling motorcycles?
EXACTLY!!!

I doubt he even flew F-14s. JEEZ. He's gotta get his facts straight. Not good press at all for BUSA! But I do like this:

"The bike is quicker than most Ferraris and costs only $11,000. The famous Italian sports car can easily command $1 million or more at auction."

he maybe off on info ,but he s sure right about guys not knowing wtf there doing on any bike. never mind a busa,or a zx12

You know it's too bad there are a few IDIOTS out there who give the rest of us a bad name, not everyone rides reckless with no regards for self or others. I've been riding since 1986 when I purchased my first sportbike a 1986 Ninja1000R, Back then the worlds fastest production bike. I'm now the proud owner of a Hayabusa, the worlds fastest production bike. I have never "Thank God" had an accident, but I don't ride like a bat out of hell, and not know the mchine thats under me. Don't they realize theres a lot of morons in cars that are just as reckless.

What happened to flying the jets anyway? Seems like a big step down selling scooters. You would think he would be teaching others to fly jets, or consulting for the military, or working for Boeing, etc...
I think the real issue is not the bike but the few immature and inexperienced owners riding way above their skill levels:angry:

By the way, I do not think there is anything wrong with selling motorcycles. I hope no one takes that the wrong way. My salesperson was great and did ask me about my riding experience when I told him I was after a BUSA.:)

Agreed on nearly all points...

What got me is that they are talking about the kids who have died around here recently, and there have been a pile of funerals for some young riders. Then its all the sudden "the Suzuki Hayabusa"... can go the speed of light and three people have died when they walked past it in the parking lot... blah, blah, blah....
To me a motorcycle is like a handgun. It does what it is made to do. Alone it is nothing but a bunch of parts.

I thought they were kinda trying to make the Busa a motorcycle version of what the pit bull is to the dog world.

They did mention safety courses and I'm glad they did that but I doubt many of these young guns around here are gonna slow down long enough to sit in a class but maybe some will.

He made this statement, "These machines ... will wheelie in the first three gears, and that requires experience. And it also requires a mature rider that doesn't utilize all that horsepower."

Now is he saying it requires experience to keep the wheel on the ground or in the air? I've logged a whopping 27 miles on my Busa since getting it Thursday, and I haven't done a burnout or wheelie. So I guess I'm not riding it correctly, or something.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|EastCoast
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134433634 -->

like the typical press, while the deaths are tragic ,one was in January and one in November not exactly a rash of sport bike deaths. i also figure Mr. Hall was misquoted about the stock horsepower. i bought a 2005 GSXR 1000 a few months ago and everyone there seemed very knowlegeable.

<!--EDIT|da busa guy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134436187 -->

In a way I think its good press. I have people telling me all the time they are gonna buy a Busa as soon as they get the money etc. (People with very little or no experience at all) I always try and talk em out of it. I still think its kinda crazy that any Joe with the cash can go and legally buy a busa and ride it.

salesman who dosnt know shid about what he is selling. buas or zx12 dnont kill... people kill peolpe...D a$$ in car kill motorcycles riders all the time

Back