New Busa News

OB_Booker

Registered
On Wednesday, May 24, 2000, I picked up my brand spankin new in the crate burgundy and grey 2000 Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa. What sold me on the bike you ask??? This tape called "Mach 2". Don't watch this tape if you don't want to buy a fast *** bike. Today I've got over 1200 miles on the Hayabusa and on this past Sunday I had her damn near terminal velocity. I reached 200mph on the speedo and she still had some throttle left to turn. The power of this bike is un-real. I mean it...It's just un-****ing-real. I figured that 100 ft-lbs would be awsome on a bike, but I had no idea it would be like this. Before I had my ZX-11 I had a 1993 Nighthawk CB750. The jump from the Nighthawk to the ZX-11 feels like the same jump from my ZX-11 to my new Hayabusa.

Not only is the power absolutely insane, but the handling is 100000% better than the ZX-11. It feels flickable and after learning how to muscle a sportbike around (like the ZX-11) this thing feels like a SRAD 750 or something. Technology is a mother. I cannot say enough good things about this bike. As a tourer it even impresses. Yesterday me and a couple of guys made a 300 mile trip from Washington, DC to Ephrata, PA for the monthly sportbike gathering. The Busa got 45 miles to the gallon and that included several top speed runs. The riding position is a little more cramped than the ZX-11 and the reach to the bars is farther, but all in all it's a pretty good tourer. After I throw a better windscreen on it, some lower foot pegs and maybe a Corbin seat it'll be as good as it'll probably get.

Oh yea. On Tuesday, May 30, 2000, I sold my ZX-11 to this nice gentleman from Solomans Island, MD who gave me $5,000 cash. I was asking $5,250. He found the bike on Trader Online.

I hope I'm able to pass along any information I have to the Busa brethren via this board and I hope you guys will do the same in return.

BTW, anybody wanna race? ;-)

Booker T.
(Bowie, MD)

be cadeful with that "wanna race" stuff, your stock and slooowwww...pipe it airbox mod it pc2 it come on back.

be careful, its a handfull.

Stock and sloooowww? Whatever. I laugh at your guys spending thousands of dollars to eek out a handfull of HP and MPH, and a few tenths off your 1/4 mile that you'll only see at a strip. LMAO.

well the 1000 dollars extra i spent on header and pc 2 makes my bike more than tweak by a stock hayabusa---it screams past them as soon as you hit the throttle--if you go to biketoberfest or bikeweek ill be glad to show you persnally--oh yeah, the reason i say this is i thought the same way you did and was shown the difference several times to many before i pulled the wallet out.first hand i can tell you 1000 aint **** after you spend 10,000+ but its what kid of balls you have to run up to 215 on the speedo and get there a lot faster--a few nano-seconds in quarter mile yes, but run to topend and i promise every mile that i get to faster than you will put me so far ahead youll feel your bike has lost fire from a sparkplug--or two

I'd have to agree with Thradar. For me the bike is perfect stock (especially exhaust). All that other stuff is a just a waste of money. The biggest benefit is that I can ride fast without disturbing people and attracting the police!

[This message has been edited by MagicBus (edited 08 June 2000).]

This is one of those times my mommy told me about.
She said if I aint got nothin nice to say then dont say nothin at all.
Stock is perfect, anyone who would want more is irresponsible and wasting cash they could be putting into a mutual fund.
All you guys need to grow up and get a life, you all make me laugh with your modified bikes.

For now, i do have to agree that stock is just fine with me. Although i do believe the busa SHOULD come with a Valentine One already installed... :) Anyways, i'll eventually Do the airbox,K&N air filter maybe,pc2 and slip ons. I like the dual pipe setup anyways. I'll eventually go with a 4 into 1 but i'll save that for if and when i go into the engine deeper (pistons,porting,cams). For now, just gimmie my V1 and i'll be happy.

speed

You also lose about 20 lbs. when you pipe it plus all the other stuff you can get rid of.
With the other mods it pulls much harder than it did before, the dyno run today was max allgearrun 160.6 HP.

Lose the weight, do the mods, lower it, and launch it. You'll trip, I promise.

Kurt

JohnnyCheese with the stock pipe, what about your pistons, cam, crank, rods, sprockets, etc. Stock?

heehee!!!

First is was "my busa's faster than a blackbird".Then it was "my busa's faster than a ZX-12".Now it's "my busa's faster than your busa".What's next?..........

I think next is "My 1999 is faster than your 2000". Isn't that what the tests have shown so far? ;> )

Pistons :stock
Rods: stock
Crank: stock
Head: stock
Airbox: Not stock
Throttle bodies: not stock
Pegs: not stock
sprockets: Not stock
rear fender: not stock
Satisfied?

Almost stock Busa. Kevlar front lines with EBC HH pads. Modded footpegs and Genmar riser. If you are into racing at the dragstrip then power mods with really help. For track riding and street riding the power is awesome already. I went through the whole mods thing with a Honda XR650L and ended up with a much lighter and faster bike which is a fun dualsport but still a boat anchor compared to a KTM or the like. After a year of ownership I still feel the Busa is the best all around rocket ship offered. It's rare in motorsports that the reality matches the hype but the Busa is the real thing. Finest kind...

All this talk about mods or not, its the rider that matters. I hear all kinds talk of how fast my bike is with this or that, and when you see them out on the road they puss out. My bike is stock I will do some mods at some point. If you think your fast come to Daytona Int. Speedway in October and do the track ride and we will se how fast you really are, PERIOD! Plus its fun as hell out there on the big busa.

Back