Busa 2001/2002 New Single Swing Arm Design

OB_KamikazeKid

Registered
According to my source at Suzuki USA in Brea, CA there may be an all new rear single swing arm design like the Honda RC type on the way for model year 2001/2002 that's currently being tested in Japan on their production versions. The reason I've been told is because the current one is too large and bulky and Suzuki wants to bring the overall weight down of the bike to compete weight wise with the Kawi ZX-12. Anyone heard this same rumor?? or better yet got any spy photos from the Japanese version.

p.s. You won't get any information like this from a dealer cause they don't want to hurt there current busa sales and want you to keep buying the current 2000 model even if they know about this up and coming change.

I don't know either, the Hayabusa is so refined as it is right now. You'll likely see new colors and graphics, but it just doesn't make good marketing sense to make major changes to an already refined 2nd year production bike (That is still the king!). Suzuki is busy with the GSXR1000 for 2001, I'd doubt there are any major Hayabusa changes for at least another 2 years.

My 2c anyways,
Martin

Im skeptical as well. The busa is a rock steady bike at insane speeds. It seems unlikely that Suzuki would spend much effort fixing something that isnt broke.

You called it right bulldog, and what do you mean bring the weight down to match the 12? They weigh the same give or take a few pounds. This is the LAST bike you would ever see a single sided arm on.
Makes a good bedtime story though.

Ok, can you remember the last bike that Suzuki made with a single-sided swing arm?

Hurt sales??? Olathe has sold 11 of 12 bikes delivered this year (11 of 11 last). You might find one here or there, but it's not like they are not selling.

[This message has been edited by jeffw (edited 04 July 2000).]

Back