Swing arm wiggle

Chomps-Lewis

Registered
Hello everyone,
I drive a 2001 hayabusa and this weekend I took the wheels off the get the tires replaced. While doing that my brother noticed that the rear swing arm seemed to have a bit of a wiggle to it. While looking it over and looking up swing arm videos, I noticed something was off about my bike, In the videos, the mention there being a sort of castle nut securing the right side of the swing arm joint, my bike seems to be missing that:
20220507_164331.jpg

Can that missing nut lead to wigging in the swing arm? should I get a replacement?

I feel like Im grasping at straws to avoid what's the reality, the reality that Ill need to do the swing arm bearings next, seems like every time I pony up and fix something on this bike, something else pops up lol.
What do yall think?

If that's the shape of the awing arm, and if it were mine, I'd inspect , grease or replace as necessary the swing arm bearings all the suspension linkages, the steering head bearings, wheel bearings and ensure the axles are greased.
I would NOT ride it like that before going over the whole damn thing with a fine tooth comb.

Cheers
ken

You definitely need that nut
If that's the shape of the awing arm, and if it were mine, I'd inspect , grease or replace as necessary the swing arm bearings all the suspension linkages, the steering head bearings, wheel bearings and ensure the axles are greased.
I would NOT ride it like that before going over the whole damn thing with a fine tooth comb.

Cheers
ken
Know where I can get a replacement? Tried looking it up, maybe I wasnt using the right term for the nut, but all Im coming up with is the sockets to remove it.

Anyone know the size spanner socket Id need for this castle nut? I got a couple on hand in the garage but I want to make sure I got the right one.
Thanks for all the help so far!

Are you planning to cut a socket to make your own? I read up a bit on doing that but I decided to just buy one on eBay. Here is the link if you decide to go that route:

engine socket service set
Thanks for the link, Ill consider buying this if I dont have one on hand. I was considering making my own if I didnt have one in that size but this seems like an easier option.
If its 35mm, I may have one that size laying around...

Back