Rant....Self Pride...

carlsbadbusa

BANNED BY MC MUSTANG
Donating Member
Registered
So here I am...:cussing: on another rant.....sorry but im venting and trying to see if I'm the only one who thinks this way or maybe I'm right.....anyways.....I spent in the Military 11 yrs....And my job in the Military depended greatly on quality control (if i didn't get my shots right the first time the guy next to or behind me died)..if I made a single mistake...people died....I didn't require me to be perfect but it just required having some self pride in doing the job right and ensuring it was right the first and only time...same as now..im am a private defense contractor and its the same way...therefore now in a perfectionist...but it does not take a perfectionist to realize that when you are getting paid to do your job, you should now that what you do is what you are..common on nowpeople :banghead:... If you are too lazy to work, if you do not want to do your job correctly, then Don't DO IT!!! I find in these times the value of a job and pride in what you do is lost and people just want to get paid, go home early, pass it on to someone else..etc etc PLAIN Ole LAZY!!!! Then complain about not good pay or want more money...BS! Dont get me wrong sometimes it's alright but what the hell???? Im not a work-o-holic either, but my work defines who I am...Even if you are Flipping burgers.....HOW can an order be all screwed up two times in a row...when there is 30 employees working there.....Maybe I don't have patience..nope not for this...because if I can do my job right no matter how much I get paid, even if its a lot...or if someone gets paid less, im still going do it right the first time because it reflects my character...I don't have any patience for this :banghead:

Took my truck to get fixed for the first time just because I don't have a lift big enough for the frame....Told me a week...no biggie im in no hurry, NO NO it will be a week, ok great....3 weeks later...???..no big deal..finally I call get my truck back....go right back in, they forget to tighten a suspension bolt and it came off on my way Home!!!! WTF!!!!!!...get it back...the tire they had fixed....WAS FLAT..the very next morning...oh no...its ok dont be pissed.....just a mistake!!!! My @.S!!! what if my son and i got into an accident...A reputable shop too....

Bike shop leaves a caliper bolt off, falls in the middle of a ride crash...(Friend) shop is here in SD and very popular...no names...:soapbox:

Ordered a PCV online and called to make sure before they shipped that it was the right one....order delays..no big deal...2 weeks later..get a PCIII for the wrong bike!!!!!:banghead: (my head is already cracked open at this point and my brain is mush)...

Go to a restaurant.....Not so cheap one..you would expect great service (Fish Market SD) right....WRONG..wrong order 3 damn times...i left didn't eat.....kid was upset ..so was I....wife was furious..were sorry sir, anything we can do to make it better, YES FIRE YOURSELF!!!!:mad2:

order some brake lines for the bike.....wrong fit...no comment...everything i order online or catalog is ALWAYS WRONG the first two times...HOW THE F:pullhair:

Va and the school BOTH screw up important paperwork 4 times, cost me 5 months of delay in my stuff.....specially medical....

Baltimore...go to eat breakfast..dude tells my wife and her nice looking friend some horndog sexist comment, they feel offended, im calm I tell the manager and he clearly sees im trying my hardest to be nice and restrained... he gives me a complimentary card and appologizes to evryone several times...wife goes back manager is different, makes them pay for the meal....

Drive thrus....don't even start..LAZY

Hospital......a HOSPITAL....dying and sick people go here to get healed and saved.....how can you screw up a blood test and tell someone (My wife) they have something they dont and have never been exposed to...not any hospital..SHARP MEMORIAL..supposedly the best hospital in San Diego/Socal besides UCLA...

Im sorry, i dont care if you no matter what get charged a tax for tips ...dont expect a tip from me if you do a horrible job or are rude..NO, PERIOD! Your getting paid to serve anyways!!!! you are literally only doing your job so why expect a tip...ASK FOR A RAISE if its that bad!

The list goes on....

WORK ETHIC, SELF PRIDE.....

Maybe I need to change...maybe not..i just don't see an excuse for this...some may say well people make mistakes..you know what..yes..sometimes..but this is ridiculous..We'll fix it just doesn't cut it after the second time!

ok....I'm done.....

all i'm saying is if you do a good job, the first time, it reflects how much you care and how a reliable person you are...more important..how you look at yourself...if you do a piss poor job no matter how you fix it your still a piss poor person.....

IMO...sorry if I offended anyone..not my intent...just conveying an important point in life...

Carlos ...

I am a happy person....see:laugh:

So tell us how you really feel..

Sorry had to say it.. sucks that kinda crap happens to you.. As for your question I am in agreement. You don't need to change, for the most part people in general are lazy.. Not everyone mind you but as a whole people are.

It is nice and refreshing to know that some people still take pride in things they do, and you are correct that pride reflects on the person more than anything..

I commend you for that and respect you more because of it. :bowdown:

Carlos...I hear you on all of your points, but please assure me you'll clear your mind before you go riding, bro!!!

I want you to enjoy yourself while you're out there, not divide your $10 up on these things over which, many times, you have no control.

It's so easy to stand out beyond ordinary, garden-variety folks; even with very little or no extra effort.

Be good, brother...ride safe.

Work ethics, huh? So the fact that I just emailed my boss and told him I was leaving early to go riding was bad? :whistle:

Luckily his response was "have fun". I have the best boss in the world.

I want to thank you for apparently carrying the majority of the burden of peoples stupidity thus perhaps saving some of your fellow oRg members the joy. You have gotten way more than your share of bs. Good luck friend.

Been there and no you shouldn't change, People should take a degree of pride in what they do regardless of what that job is.(that's right be the best damn burger flipper you can be if that's your calling) If your not happy doing it do something else..... but don't make everyone around you suffer for your unhappiness by being lazy and doing things half @$$ed.

Carlos...I hear you on all of your points, but please assure me you'll clear your mind before you go riding, bro!!!

I want you to enjoy yourself while you're out there, not divide your $10 up on these things over which, many times, you have no control.

It's so easy to stand out beyond ordinary, garden-variety folks; even with very little or no extra effort.

Be good, brother...ride safe.

HAHA...Never...nothing can get in my happiness when riding...nothing else exist then...except the road.....cars...trees...other riders..you get my point....

And there is nothing wrong with leaving early to go riding that is....:laugh::laugh: like i said it s not like your completely disregard your job or what not.......sometimes its great to take that little extra time off...only when riding...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

but this doesnt apply to alot...it was just a vague rant.... I cool and calm and very happy....and when this happens its just melts away in minutes thats all....anyways..im out...gotta get a ride in before work!:thumbsup:

Im sorry, i dont care if you no matter what get charged a tax for tips ...dont expect a tip from me if you do a horrible job or are rude..NO, PERIOD! Your getting paid to serve anyways!!!! you are literally only doing your job so why expect a tip...ASK FOR A RAISE if its that bad!

Um... First, I want to thank you for your service to our country...

Second, as a waiter, our pay IS our tips. Too many people don't realize that. I worked for less than minimum wage today because my tips sucked (granted, i had 1 table, and it was my first day on the floor)... I realize in Cali they get minimum wage or more plus tips, but most places charge you to work there since you get tips too... However, I understand if it's crap service not wanting to tip, but use your better judgement... If the server is making sure you're taken care of but the food is just taking forever, it probably aint the servers fault, probably the grill line. Don't stiff the server for that... Sorry, Now I'm ranting.

I do agree with you on work ethic though. If I start a job, I want to do it right. That's the only reason I kept my job I had as a landscaper. My boss liked my ethic. I couldn't work too much though cause of my back (born with back problems), but he said if I could do the work, I'd have been a supervisor.

Last edited:
Um... First, I want to thank you for your service to our country...

Second, as a waiter, our pay IS our tips. Too many people don't realize that. I worked for less than minimum wage today because my tips sucked (granted, i had 1 table, and it was my first day on the floor)... I realize in Cali they get minimum wage or more plus tips, but most places charge you to work there since you get tips too... However, I understand if it's crap service not wanting to tip, but use your better judgement... If the server is making sure you're taken care of but the food is just taking forever, it probably aint the servers fault, probably the grill line. Don't stiff the server for that... Sorry, Now I'm ranting.

I do agree with you on work ethic though. If I start a job, I want to do it right. That's the only reason I kept my job I had as a landscaper. My boss liked my ethic. I couldn't work too much though cause of my back (born with back problems), but he said if I could do the work, I'd have been a supervisor.

Thanks...Im not the DONT tip guy by any means.....and off course I understand that sometimes its not thier fault...ive just seen some rudes out there...very rude...but theres everything everywhere,....its not what you cant do its what you do and how you do it that counts...you got back problems and your still working in a physical job:thumbsup: commendable! I guess i was ranting cause Ive met and heard a lot of people complaing in the past week in public places and what not then a little incident popped the rant balloon..:laugh:

Thanks...Im not the DONT tip guy by any means.....and off course I understand that sometimes its not thier fault...ive just seen some rudes out there...very rude...but theres everything everywhere,....its not what you cant do its what you do and how you do it that counts...you got back problems and your still working in a physical job:thumbsup: commendable! I guess i was ranting cause Ive met and heard a lot of people complaing in the past week in public places and what not then a little incident popped the rant balloon..:laugh:
well, what can you say. wot a bummer, right. fek it peops. people get ripped offf all the time. scarsb acunrt

so the way I see it the only common denominator in all of these problems is you:poke: its ok, I'm jhust messing with ya, I figured after all that you could take a ribbing from me...:moon:
but I feel your pain every day:beerchug:

Good read. Lots o good talking points there. Usually the fish market is great service. Hope ya feel better.:beerchug:

I gotcha. I thought you were saying you just don't tip, but I understand with the rudes... I wonder how some of our waitstaff gets tips... Some of them are not cut out to deal with the public.

**** you as well yanahorrr

Wow... Thanks for the compliment. Also, you seem to have a problem with people. I'm glad I could be of service to help piss you off. To further help, you seem to have a problem spelling my name... Let me give you a tip, IT'S SPELLED ON THE PAGE FOR YOU TO COPY! I don't know what your problem is, but the internet warriors like you need to chill out. The rest of us have no problem with carlsbadbusa's post (note, I spelled his name correctly because I looked at his name). You seem to be a 14 yr old kid who thinks he's the bomb cause he has a keyboard and is a member on a motorcycle forum. So, grow up, get used to the world, and SHUT THE HELL UP! All you've had to say in this thread has been bad mouthing other members here. I've never really noticed you on here till now, yet you attack other members like you're the coolest thing that ever lived... Have some respect for others you prick. DJ was joking around with carlsbadbusa, and he and I actually agree, but you act like we're attacking him and you're his only friend here. Get lost.

hey hey folks calm it down will ya its all in good nature ...i was just ranting and taking opinions on the subject..lets not get mad at each other will ya..

Back