Random thoughts should be renamed Ghost Town

I’m sorry but I gotta disagree.....

The Columbine kids weren’t poor
The Vegas Shooter wasn’t poor
Virginia Tech College shooter wasn’t poor
Sandy Hook shooter wasn’t poor

There is violence throughout the social economic classes of our society. You just can’t say blanket statements like only “Real” crime happens in the ghettos and with poor people AKA MINORITIES. They need to be better educated and instilled with more wholesome good ole American Values.... That’s a crock of sh@t:moon:

You can be the smartest richest most educated person in the room and STILL be an @sshole. Still have mental issues or just be an overall Evil person that wants to do harm. Rich guys kill their wives just as easy as the Poor. Difference is the wealthy have the means and abilities to cover their tracks and have high powered lawyers to fight for em in court.

Just what last month I think it was in Jersey Dude killed his wife then drove over to his brothers house and shot his entire family and set their house on fire. These guys were well off average Joe suburbanites. Wasn’t no gang affiliation or shady crack deal gone bad in an alley.

Bottom line People so bad sh@t rich poor or otherwise!!!

I said largely driven by poverty that is not an all inclusive statement, saying that only poor people commit crimes would be ridiculous. We can't get down to a case by case basis when looking at larger reforms/fixes. Poverty doesn't know race, religious affiliation, weight, or any other descriptor we can pull out of the air. I don't have the answers, wish I did. I referenced a study I found interesting that I thought was applicable to the discussion.

Most people that commit suicide in the US are middle/upper class white males but they don't have exclusive rights to the market.

If you want a deeper dig read "Wealth, Poverty, and Politics" by Sowell. Wish he was the POTUS but he was too smart to get into politics.

Revolver-certain models can be quick loaded
Pistol-semi auto (can get extended mags) and some versions are full auto
AR-15-many, versions of the Stoner platform have been made, all can be fitted with high capacity magazines and Snell drum systems (night vision systems)
Assault style weapons-the list is lengthy from HR to FN to Colt, etc, etc, etc.....
Shot gun-single action, pump, lever, semi auto, all can be fitted with high capacity magazines

M-1 Garand 10 rd fixed mag
M-14, (20 and 30 rd Mag)
Browning BAR (20 rd Mag)
Barrett Tac 50 (10 rd Mag)

The list can go on and on and on.......there are an almost infinite names and info on weapons which could be on the list here.

The bolt action Lee Enfield carried by many Allied troops did it's fair share to win WW2 as well. People would say the Jeep won the Second war, not a rifle.

Good post but I must declare, my single years are easily the most financially successful years I've had. It's not even close lol

I understand :rolleyes:. It's been a while since I read the paper but I believe the "married" part dealt with security and job flexibility. One spouse can work while the other continues their education. You can take a chance on a new/better job because there is a second income to fall back on. Things of that nature, of course that is not true of all marriages.

Technically a double action revolver is semi-auto. It places the next round in firing position.

Wha? No it doesn’t, not until it’s cocked again. When the trigger is pulled a round is fired and the barrel then only has an empty in front of the hammer.

If we don't arm ourselves with the AR-15s or AK-47s, how will we survive the zombie apocalypse? Zombies are sometimes tough to take down. I don't trust my .38 will do the job. :moderator:
You always have the best comebacks.
Keep it up.

A double action revolver rotates the cylinder....

And? So does a SA but either way, after a round is fired (trigger pulled) an empty remains in the pipe, unlike a semi-auto.

Semi-automatic uses the energy of the fired cartridge to cycle the action of the firearm and advance the next available cartridge into position for firing.

Last edited:
The energy source iand mechanical action are different, but as quickly as you can pull the trigger you can put rounds down range.

Double action revolver will rotate the cylinder for the next round to be engaged. You don't need to hand cock the hammer.

Like Mr Brown said, you can empty the cylinders pretty quickly.

Sawed offs aren't illegal because of increased lethality, but because they're easier to conceal.

If they are not illegal because of there perceived lethality, and they are illegal because of concealability; wouldn't say pistols be illegal too. They are much easier to conceal than even a shorty sawed off shotgun right? Just one of the odd gun things. Right?

Every time I've heard and expert explain semi-auto vs fully auto - He/She says semi-auto - "pull the trigger and one shot fires." That's what a double action revolver does. FWIW - I agree there is a difference - but as a practical matter a DA revolver is semi-automatic. Pull the trigger and it fires once. Also, semi-auto doesn't have anything to do with the available number of rounds. There are semi-auto 5 round hunting rifles, ten round clip M1s, 15 round glocks, 20 round ARs, 30 round AK 47s etc.

What’s the dif????? A 223 cal a small caliber weapon like Texan said most wouldn’t even shoot a deer with it.

View attachment 1591087

View attachment 1591088

It's illegal to hunt in Va with anything smaller than a .24 caliber
So a .243 is the smallest legal hunting rifle, you can't use a .22 or .223
Like you can't kill a deer with a .223
Always a stupid law somewhere.
Whatcha wanna bet that law(and countless others) were put in place by some dumbass who had no clue about guns...other than an AR15 is the "scariest" gun ever made, lmao.

Fear.
That's how.

Yep, driven by idiot politicians.
Most all these coward shootings happen inside by inexperienced shooters, and they use the media's scariest gun ever, the AR15 .223
None of them realizing that you can do so much more damage in close quarters with a semi-auto hunting shotgun.
God forbid, but that's coming after more restrictions are put on assault weapons.
And they'll continue stabbing and running over people.
Guns aren't the problem, people are the problem.
No way will we ever get rid of guns...only make them illegal for people who use them legally.

IMG950323.jpg

If they are not illegal because of there perceived lethality, and they are illegal because of concealability; wouldn't say pistols be illegal too. They are much easier to conceal than even a shorty sawed off shotgun right? Just one of the odd gun things. Right?
Until recently, concealed pistols were illegal.....
I said increased lethality. A sawed off isn't more lethal than a long barrel shotgun, in fact it has less potential for damage, it's illegality is due to size. That's the correction I was making.

Back