Raising the rear!

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
Thanks to 200hp I will have the dog bones to raise the rear. Then I will get a new top for the triple tree and lower the front. That will about do it. Since I see Thinker62 and Cache warming up for the Laguna Seca rides I better get my butt in gear or I will left behind.

Brennanop we will have to get together for a ride before we head up there!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Hope the thing doesn't flip over forward under hard braking.
lookaround.gif

Glad I could help

Should be OK! I am using the Hayabusa Extreme race bike as a rough guide. I should be OK. I will test it out at the track in a couple of weeks.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Well here goes! Here is the pic with a 2" rear end raise.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

P1010317.jpg

dogbones are easy to install....just a couple of hydraulic jacks and an hour and your done....

Howlin,

When are you riding Laguna? I am in the Keith Code class on Nov 3 at Laguna.

Kent

What about a good photo of the whole bike to show us how it looks in profile - I get fed up with all the other homey miami stretched stuff on this site - what a waste of a bike to drag it !

what if any affects would raising the rear have on top speed? Would it be a lower top speed or would handling be affected?

This busa has definetly been raised in the rear probably
about 2". Makes me wished I had raised mine 2" instead of just 1".

Mark how greatly does it affect the turn-in? I hear it does wonders... Please list your likes/dislikes. Thanks, Bill

Sorry guys don't post here much anymore. The rear raise shortens the wheel base which has two effects on the bike.
(1) She will wheelie a little easier so be careful off the line
(2) Turn in is faster. Combine that with a 180/55 tire and your cooking.

For the record I don't own a busa anymore I have a Honda 600 that I currently race with CCS. If you have any other questions please feel free to email me and I will do my best to respond promptly.

:)

Back