Annual Get together?

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
Ok we had the first ann. get together last year. I was wandering if Laguna Seca is going to serve as the Second?

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I wasn't around for the first, but with 25+ members meeting up at Laguna, how could that not be it?

A bunch of us are also planning to visit Flying Swan (Vancouver BC) in August. that could be it, but I suspect it will be more like 10 of us.

Thinker

Maybe we can do a semi-annual in the south somewhere?  BC is kinda far to ride from Texas.
Higg what's the major event in Texas???My partner from Ohio said that's where he is going in 04...Trying to line the future now...
rock.gif

Louisville Ky, Derby weekend...Been there 3 years in a row off the chain...
smile.gif

Well they have the Kappa Beach Party in Galveston every year.....not really a family thing if you get me..........cops are even off the hook down there. Alot of fun if you can stay up for about three days straight.

Let's do a poll.

We need to cover all the major events of the year...and I'm guessing they should be bike related or no?

I am thinking Vegas or we could meet at a track and have a track weekend! That would be kinda cool. Need to find a track like Pahrump, NV that can be rented out. The more I think of it the better is sounds. My .02...

Marc "Howlin Mad"

im with marc on this one, try and get a track day lined up, now that would be the unholy Sh*t.. lots of busa`s and crazy people that own them, yea I see a race and a grudge match comin out of that one!!

Hi,
I love the Laguna idea...that's just me though.
Thinker
We're to Portland. I've got a group of girls riding down probably at the end of May for three days. I was thinking of riding Mt. St Helen. Is it warm enough by then. I'll let you know closer to May whose coming. It looks like there will be around 6 or 7 girls, me and Bog. I can leave Bog at home. Let you know later.
tounge.gif

Maybe we could do a Cali ride again, Busahigg could come with Jester?

How about if we alternate locations? Of course, 03 will be Laguna, maybe 04 somewhere in the south or midsouth, 05 on the east coast. That way, at one point in time, everyone will have a chance to get together. Right now, I know it's hard for the folks in the east to make it west for the Laguna...but might have a better chance to make it to the south or somewhere closer. Ga, Tn...I know there are some nice twisties in those areas. Just my .02.

fireskull.gif

I am thinking Vegas or we could meet at a track and have a track weekend!  That would be kinda cool.  Need to find a track like Pahrump, NV that can be rented out.  The more I think of it the better is sounds.  My .02...

Marc "Howlin Mad"
Great idea Marc. i like Vegas. There is another thread in which we talked about a Hayabusa conviention in Vegas.

Great point Mugga:How about if we alternate locations? Of course, 03 will be Laguna, maybe 04 somewhere in the south or midsouth, 05 on the east coast. That way, at one point in time, everyone will have a chance to get together. Right now, I know it's hard for the folks in the east to make it west for the Laguna...but might have a better chance to make it to the south or somewhere closer. Ga, Tn...I know there are some nice twisties in those areas. Just my .02.[/QUOTE]
That is the only way to be fair, but someone has to pick up tha gaval for 2004. Trying to organize things sucks, even as lose as we are doing it for Laguna.

We need to get a list of all of this stuff. I believe that Cache is trying to put together some kind of calendar of cycle events.

After that, someone needs to talk up there event and create interest.

I still like Vegas!

Thinker

Hi,
I love the Laguna idea...that's just me though.
Thinker
We're to Portland. I've got a group of girls riding down probably at the end of May for three days. I was thinking of riding Mt. St Helen. Is it warm enough by then. I'll let you know closer to May whose coming. It looks like there will be around 6 or 7 girls, me and Bog. I can leave Bog at home. Let you know later.
tounge.gif
I think that it should be warm enough, but this is more of a question for Havoc. I have only lived in Portland a couple of years and haven't made that ride yet. As I understand it , the beginning of the awesom road up the mountain is only 30-45 minutes from here.

Swan, I am looking forward to your visit. We will talk more.

Thinker

I like the idea of jumping around...Not much for the event being centered around a track or anything...Also to me it doesn't have to be centered around any other major motorcycle meet...If we came up with something just to suit us and if it was not close to any other event or major holiday we would be able to hold our cost down low...There are lot's of things we can do just ride and site see and eat at every place that looks good...Some of you guys have probably never tasted the good ole TN river catfish...However I'm not much on the planning side...

I like the idea of jumping around...Not much for the event being centered around a track or anything...Also to me it doesn't have to be centered around any other major motorcycle meet...If we came up with something just to suit us and if it was not close to any other event or major holiday we would be able to hold our cost down low...There are lot's of things we can do just ride and site see and eat at every place that looks good...Some of you guys have probably never tasted the good ole TN river catfish...However I'm not much on the planning side...
I kinda like this idea. We could plan this like a Family Reunion type event and plan ahead early enough so that we can make it the cheapest and yet still be enjoyable. Just my .02

Brian

Back