Annual Get together?

Swan: I am ready to ride to Vegas TONITE!!! damn this rain!!!

Mugga: Deals Gap. will be crowded once the weather breaks.

I don't think it would be any different from other motorcycle events we may encounter. Have to be a slow period at one point. Here is a link to check out Deals Gap.

Deals Gap

fireskull.gif

Cool!

1. Laguna Seca - Monteray, CA - July '04
2. Las Vegas - Pahrump Track - Spring '04
3. Georgia - Summer '04
Georgia works for me.  I won't have to drive anywhere.  Yea
Hey JWC, since you live in Georgia, do they have any nice twisties we can ride. I've been hearing about, is it Deals Gap or Devil Gap or something like that. What do it look like where you're at?

fireskull.gif
Hey MuggaX, It is Deals gap and it's a blast.<a href="http://www.tailofthedragon.com/" target="_blank">
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/[/url]
The first picture is Deals Gap in TN and the second picture is Hwy 129 here in GA.

It was in the 70's here ALL week and not a cloud in the sky. I rode to the Busa to work all week. It was great!!! Gotta love the Southwest... (until July)...

Jdub, Deals Gap looks absolutley intense!! I've seen pics of the road, tawistee! It's a little far for me though. I'm up for whatever the group decides.

Cool!

1. Laguna Seca - Monteray, CA - July '04
2. Las Vegas - Pahrump Track - Spring '04
3. Georgia - Summer '04
Georgia works for me.  I won't have to drive anywhere.  Yea
Hey JWC, since you live in Georgia, do they have any nice twisties we can ride. I've been hearing about, is it Deals Gap or Devil Gap or something like that. What do it look like where you're at?

fireskull.gif
Hey MuggaX, It is Deals gap and it's a blast.<a href="http://www.tailofthedragon.com/" target="_blank">
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/[/url]
The first picture is Deals Gap in TN and the second picture is Hwy 129 here in GA.
JWC; road map of Deals Gap definitely looks like a awesome ride. Have you rode it lately? How pack does it get during warm weather? I think we should lobby for Georgia in '04. I would love to pilot the busa thru those twisties. Regardless what the group chose, I'll take some time out to hit some those Georgia roads myself.

fireskull.gif

fireskull.gif

I went to Deals Gap for the first time last summer with some guys from work and we had a blast. I wasn't crowded at all. It can get pretty busy from what I have been told. If you can make up there during the week you would be one of a small handfull. It's a ways from my house to get there. I rode there last year and it took me about 6 hours with some screwing around and getting lost to get to where we stayed. We stayed in Pigeon Forge,TN which was about 1/2 hour from the gap. It may have taken me a while but it was a fun ride. All twisties.

I went to Deals Gap for the first time last summer with some guys from work and we had a blast.  I wasn't crowded at all.  It can get pretty busy from what I have been told.  If you can make up there during the week you would be one of a small handfull.  It's a ways from my house to get there.  I rode there last year and it took me about 6 hours with some screwing around and getting lost to get to where we stayed.  We stayed in Pigeon Forge,TN which was about 1/2 hour from the gap.  It may have taken me a while but it was a fun ride.  All twisties.
Ok, I'm sold. I just might make a trip out it this year. I've been to Pigeon Forge for the last couple of years...without the Busa, was even thinking about going this year...with the Busa for sure.

fireskull.gif

You think your up to it Doc?
smile.gif
What fun would it be for you! Now for grandma it's a win win! She wins just for riding being a grandma and all. If she beats you, you couldn't show your face at any decent biker sites for a while!!
smile.gif
Just kidding bro...

Marc "Howlin Mad"

smile.gif

As far as an event!  I would say that if you don't live there don't put it on the list.  It is really hard to host an event let alone try to do it from a distance.  

#1 Safety!!  Safety is paramount!!  If you don't have personal knowledge of the area it could be dangerous to bring virgin riders to the roads.  In LA we had a guide for each road we went on and we conducted rider briefs prior to heading out on each run.

#2 Local knowledge of the area for security of the bikes and vehicles is important.  Owen and I personally did a recon of the area where we stayed in order to find a place centrally located for all the rides and secure for the bikes.  

Just a couple of things to look into that needs personal attention.  Hope this helps.  Not intended to hinder or put a damper on the posts.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

#2 Local knowledge of the area for security of the bikes and vehicles is important.  Owen and I personally did a recon of the area where we stayed in order to find a place centrally located for all the rides and secure for the bikes.  

Marc "Howlin Mad"
As far as security is concerned for Laguna I will be buying a enclosed trailer that should be able to hold a couple of bike. So anyone staying at the same hotel can lock their bike up with mine.

Wasn't thinking of specifically Laguna Seca but an annual event somewhere.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

OK folks, I can/will arrange a Vegas run for this Spring and/or next Spring, as long as I know a few people will show! Vegas in April or May would be great. May would be a bit warm, but not bad.

I am going to start a poll in a separate topic, if you want to come, I will do the organizing!

Doc

We will need one on each coast and maybe some others. Personally, I doubt I will be able to make an East Coast run, but you never know. I could make it to the middle, say Denver, Texas, etc.

It seems we should hold at least one on each coast per year....

Maybe West coast in Spring/Summer and East coast in Fall (to see the leaves). Just a thought...

I know we are all busy!! How do the Harley guys do theres every year in the middle of no where? I know we can do this maybe this year we use Laguna Seca and next year we go to Daytona or Mid Ohio. Just my suggestion...

Marc "Howlin Mad"

my vote is vegas, even though its on the west coast, there way more to do and see there than any other place listed .
i cant see myself trailering my bike crosss country, for a weekend outing, i rather fly and have a good time. look at where all major conventions ,event ,bike shows are held.

vegas things to do:
gambling
nightlife
amusement park--circus circus new york new york
tons of others things to do,let alone do them as a group.
i bet we could find a place that rents bikes for the day, now how fun would it be to ride a HARLEY , i dont know if i could even ride one, but that would be a site to see and a memory to last a lifetime.

Back