Raising The Rear?

MikeSomething

Registered
I've read on other forums that raising the rear (and only the rear) will help alot w/ cornering. Is this true? 2inches to much? Thanks!

Raise the rear 1". If you want a to reduce the trail a bit more, drop the nose 1/2". Add a set of 1 1/4" risers to correct your riding position (you will need ot do something with the top clamp anyway to lower the front).

Thanks guys! I'm 6'8" w/ the wingspan of a Vulture, so I'm not really conserned w/ riding position. I def wanna do this mod, gotta get these chicken strips grinded off!

Thanks guys! I'm 6'8" w/ the wingspan of a Vulture, so I'm not really conserned w/ riding position. I def wanna do this mod, gotta get these chicken strips grinded off!

Just lower the tire pressures to around 10 psi and take a short ride in front of the house. Chicken strips gone :laugh:

If you change the front to rear attitude by 1 1/2", I hope you have an ape strong back to with the vulture arms if you aren't going to correct the riding position.

There are 3 topics on the board that will generate somewhat heated discussions: what tires, what oil, and should I install a tre.

My personal preferences are: AVON Storms (more than capable high mileage sport touring tire that the race tires on the street crowd say are hard as a rock and neutering the performace of the Busa), Amsoil Full Synthetic 10-40, and No. There, I've done it. I've gone and opened up the Pandora's box.

If you change the front to rear attitude by 1 1/2", I hope you have an ape strong back to with the vulture arms if you aren't going to correct the riding position.

There are 3 topics on the board that will generate somewhat heated discussions: what tires, what oil, and should I install a tre.

My personal preferences are: AVON Storms (more than capable high mileage sport touring tire that the race tires on the street crowd say are hard as a rock and neutering the performace of the Busa), Amsoil Full Synthetic 10-40, and No. There, I've done it. I've gone and opened up the Pandora's box.
Ok ok, I'll look into the risers... And I did put in the same full synthetic oil you're talking about. I'll look into those tires. Thank you.

Thanks, sorry 2 be off topic but, any suggestions on tires?

1" in the rear...leave the front alone...try the Bridgestone BT 016 :bowdown:

If you do all types of riding stick with the 120/70 front and 190/50 rear...if you are a twisties fanatic (wannabe racer) go with the 190/55 rear for even better handling and grip.

Ok ok, I'll look into the risers... And I did put in the same full synthetic oil you're talking about. I'll look into those tires. Thank you.

The Avon Storms are a great tire...depending on the # miles you ride and what you are looking to get out of your ride makes a difference in your tire choice.

Storms = 6,000-8,000+ miles and GREAT for anything near legal speeds (better for a lot of slab riding)

BT 016 = 3,000-4,000 miles softer, stickier tire...GREAT for really pushing the envelope :whistle: if you do a lot of mountains, canyon type riding :thumbsup:

Back