Rain riding..

Call me a baby or what ever but I won't ride in the rain. I'm too particular about keeping the bike clean and riding in the rain just makes too much of a mess. Go ahead, flame on.
No flame here. If given the choice of cleaning or riding the bike, easy answer. Rain is what cleans my bike. Im sure some one will flame me for it but my bike aint a show queen.

Now that I think about it, Ive owned the busa for 10 months, racked 10K miles on it and had a sponge on it twice. Is that bad? At least the chain and oil are maintained!

I ride in the rain on my scooter.....
tounge.gif

got caught in the rain plenty of time going home but never rode to work if it was already raining.. like michelle said .. would suck sitting at a desk all day wet.
I also ride to work everyday, rain or not. The pic below show yours truly after being caught by rain going home a couple of years ago. I was wearing my trusty Frank Thomas jacket and cheapo rain paints over my work attire. That day I was not wearing my gore-tex boots, so I fashioned some relatively watertight shoe covers from courier bags and adhesive tape.

My commute is about 30 miles, it was dark, cold, and rain was VERY heavy, but I arrived almost dry. Having to tame 90 less HP than you 'Busa riders also helped. Obviously, the no-maintenance drive shaft is a huge bonus when this happens.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Back