What type of rain gear do you use?

bone

Registered
i'm tired of getting soaked on my rides to work. what type of rain gear do you guys have? plus and minus of them? i've seen some NELSON RIGG rain suits in dennidkirk that look nice.

thanks.

bone

Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 with a little scotchgard. Keeps me perfectly dry even in the Seattle Winters.

Frog Togs. Very light weight, breathes well. Not a perfect solution but it works well for me.

Actually, I was not kidding. In full rain only my elbows and boots get wet. When I have to stop a lot, now that is another issue.

I have a cheap set of plastic (bright lime green) rain gear I got for $20, 15 years ago. I have only used it 2x on the Busa.

H2O Gloves
Joe Rocket Ballistic Jacket (Jacket is four years old, just wash and treat every other year with Tec wash and Nik wax). Looks brand new........
Hein Gericke Pants

H2O Gloves
Joe Rocket Ballistic Jacket (Jacket is four years old, just wash and treat every other year with Tec wash and Nik wax). Looks brand new........
Hein Gericke Pants
What are the Tec wash and Nik wax you are talking about?  I have been looking for something to clean my Joe Rocket jacket.  Where do you get them?

i'm tired of getting soaked on my rides to work.  what type of rain gear do you guys have?  plus and minus of them?  i've seen some NELSON RIGG rain suits in dennidkirk that look nice.  

thanks.

bone
LOL, rain gear...I dont need no stinking rain gear...Darien.

Of course I look like a old man in the damn thing, but hey I don't need to pull over, ever. There is no better gear for commuting.

Actually, I was not kidding.  In full rain only my elbows and boots get wet.  When I have to stop a lot, now that is another issue.

I have a cheap set of plastic (bright lime green) rain gear I got for $20, 15 years ago.  I have only used it 2x on the Busa.
Traffic is the killer. On the road you are golden. When you get stuck in the Mambo Line on or off the Island I live on you are going to get soaked no matter what.

I use an '04 Mazda RX-8 GT.
It even has wipers!
tounge.gif

I have a 2 piece Tour Master rain suit I bought in '93.
Also a pair of Tour Master waterproof gloves.
I rarely use the pants. The jacket I'll pull on over my JR leather/mesh
if its raining when I leave. If I get caught I just get wet. Its only water
after all.

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1412"|1147122268 -->

I am on my 2nd set of "First Gear" rain suits..

(nice and thick so it won't tear... so they say, my first jacket tore at the sleeves on the back. my buddy's suit was a cheap walmart rain suit. and his whole suit was torn in every place it could be torn. now we did ride at 70 mphs in the rain for 200 miles.............
so I'll say that the first gear suit is a good one.

My everyday riding gear is waterproof, TM Cortech overpants, TM Solution boots and a Fieldsheer jacket.

On the Busa I wear my Joe Rocket w/ liner, Stearns rain pants. On the Nomad I keep 2 sets of Frogg Toggs, orange!
tounge.gif

Saw one of my employees the other day in a down pour riding while wearing 2 of our GIANT Garbage Bags. When I ask him about buying a rain suit, he just look at me and said," Are they as cheap as these Boss
rock.gif
? "
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think I'll just buy him one for a Bonus next time he gets one
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back