What type of rain gear do you use?

I actually did have "regular rain gear" at one point.But in a downpour one time I get off and try to get my rain gear on in a hurry and sure as heck I stuff my foot right through the crotch! Live, learn and prepare!

Speedo and flip-flops.

J/K
laugh.gif
Usually my rain gear is an Eclipse. Sometimes I get caught out, then my leathers are good for about 15 minutes before I start getting wet.

Frogg Toggs didn't work for me. The seat of the pants were too tight causing them to split when stretched too far such as when putting my leg over the seat with the large tail bag on. I ended up taking them back to Bass Pro and going with Red Head breathable rain gear. Frogg Toggs top and bottom came as a set but the Red Head stuff is sold seperate so you can mix and match sizes or even colors if you're so inclined. Each piece comes in a small stuff sack. Works much better for me. I also picked up a pair of the JR waterproof gloves from New Enough for $25.

I just wear my leathers....I make sure to saddle soap and use 4 way leather care on them. If I get caught in the rain, I let my leathers dry out a little and let the 4 way care solution soak in and than rub them down. Otherwise, my leathers get treated about every 2 weeks in normal conditions.

Im using the Alpinestar Twin Pants, and they are a bit spendy at $245.00, my lower half has never got wet...even after 12+ hours of heavy down-pour. I love these pants - I wont consider anything else..Period, they just work for me.

I know leather and water is not a good mix, but I haven't had any issues with my leather as long as I treat it right...just takes more work than most people are willing to spend.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: "my spelling stinks"|1147402720 -->

Saw one of my employees the other day in a down pour riding while wearing 2 of our GIANT Garbage Bags. When I ask him about buying a rain suit, he just look at me and said," Are they as cheap as these Boss
rock.gif
? "
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think I'll just buy him one for a Bonus next time he gets one
biggrin.gif
race.gif
can't beat the .05 cent rain coat baby.
jump9.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Da Col, I've been there. That was always the Harley Line Luggage, a Glad bag and duct tape. I've got an old Harley rain suit left over from my Harley days back in the 80's. The biggest problem with rain suits is that unless you spend the big bucks you're basically buying a Brown in Bag. You'll be wet one way or the other, either from rain or sweat. My Cortech suit has a rain liner in it, but in warmer weather I can't get them off because they're glued to me. I rode in to work yesterday in my leather jacket and jeans, long as I'm at speed it's not a problem.

Dan

H2O Gloves
Joe Rocket Ballistic Jacket (Jacket is four years old, just wash and treat every other year with Tec wash and Nik wax). Looks brand new........
Hein Gericke Pants
What are the Tec wash and Nik wax you are talking about?  I have been looking for something to clean my Joe Rocket jacket.  Where do you get them?
Sorry I missed this post the other day...
You can find both the Tech Wash and Nix Wax HERE!

This stuff will make your tech gear look like new.. I use it in my front loader washer and all the bug and guts come off. Even the white comes clean... Can be kind of pricey for a bottle, so shop around!

Back