R1 Steve was hit today and left for dead

more prayers from my family and friends in my area...hope to keep hearing good news about your friend... hope they catch all the people who ran!!
mad.gif

Chad

Heal fast....

Rough way for Steve and his family to spend Christmas.

Once he is off sedation, let him know we are all thinking of him.

<!--EDIT|Campbell
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103944562 -->

Prayers and hopes for Steve. It's almost unbelievable. It's not right for that to happen. We can never be too careful. It doesn't seem that long ago when we rode around the big lake and had a great time. Please let him know that many of us are pulling for him and keep us updated.

He's awake!
smile.gif

He was able to open his eyes and the doctors asked him some questions, he used 1 blink for yes and 2 for no.

He doesn't know what happened.
He doesn't know where he is.
He does recognize his mom.

Those are all good signs.

He had been retaining fluids so they hooked tubes out of each side of his body and one from his stomach. He had been draining a lot, that has slowed tremendously.

80 percent of people with the sliced aorta don't live, of the 20 percent left, only about half survive the surgery. He has survived both and appears to be doing well considering all he has been through.

The doctors say they can't understand how he is doing as well as he is.

Thank you all for your prayers and please keep them coming. I know Steve well and know that he appreciates it.

The doctors have sedated him and he won't be able to have any visitors. I will keep you posted, as soon as he can have visitors, I'll let you know.

Kevin

Glad to hear he has done well so far, I hope his recovery continues as well. Unbelievable how anyone can just leave someone to die!!

Yes, we are so vulnerable on two wheels--we take the risk ---seriously---ride careful and defencive- but doesn't always = enough...I hope you your friend pulls though to ride again...my thoughts are with you..Be strong....

Back