R1 Steve died ths morning

Relsek

Registered
My riding buddy died this morning due to injuries sustained December 22nd from a hit and run. Steve was waiting at a light and as it turned green he proceeded through the intersection and was hit by a van that ran the red light. The occupants of the van fled the scene and left him for dead. It has been an emotional roller coaster ride ever since that day.

I, and Steve's family appreciate all the prayers and concern you guys have shown since that time.

Below is the last photo taken of Steve, we had ridden over to the Gulf coast and down the island beachs to Tierra Verde. This photo was taken on the way back home, it was cool out that night and we stopped at the gas station for some hot chocolate.

Many of you have asked if there is anything you can do, if you are any where local, the best thing you could do is show your support by coming to a memorial service in his honor this coming Saturday, Jan 8th 2005 at 11:00am. Ride your bike and come as you are.

Cornerstone Baptist Church
6725 Green Rd.
Lakeland, Fl 33810
863-853-4956

stevehotchoc.jpg

Although Steve’s breathing and heart stopped, he still lives on. As the bible tells us, the payment for sin is death (separation from God), but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ. Steve was offered that gift, as all of us are. The bible also tells us that if you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Steve chose to accept this gift, therefore we can know that he is in heaven today. I’m not getting preachy, I am just sharing this because some of you may have never heard this. I know some of you don’t believe it although you have heard it.

I do know that if you ever talked with Steve for any amount of time, you more than likely heard about at least one of the three most important things to him. (not in any special order)

1. His daughter Stephanie
2. Riding motorcycles and rides he’d like to take in the future.
3. His love for God

This is why I felt compelled to share this with you.

Kevin

His daughter was at his house today and found this card. The night before he was hit, he stopped and picked up a gift certificate for us and this is the card he had started, but never finished. It may be Steve's last words ever written or spoken.

notefromsteve.jpg

And finally, here are links to the threads about some of our rides in the last few months.

Kevin

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104892366 -->

I am grateful that I at least got to meet Steve for a day. I feel that he was enjoying life with no regret. My heart goes out to his family.

Very sad----glad you have Faith----I know it helps---I have relied on faith at times but not often enough--Faith is a very powerful thing--From my point of view. I am gonna back up abit--years ago when the Shid Happens stickers were on cars--I laughed so hard. Now the present---Nothing i repeat Nothing just happens---It's all caused by someone and our creator---Our planet the universe
and everything---had to be Caused to happen....This train of thought convinces me that there has to be a higher power. Be well Kevin-- Ralph

I am sooo sorry, Kevin...
sad.gif
... my most sincere condolences to the family and friends of Steve~

May he RIP...

Sorry to hear this Kev. May he rest in peace. And blessings and prayers go out to his family and friends. Really sounds like he was a great guy.
sad.gif

I am grateful that I at least got to meet Steve for a day. I feel that he was enjoying life with no regret. My heart goes out to his family.
Same as Ride or Fish said.....

I, 1st met Steve in Daytona for our Biketoberfest get together.  Just in the short time I spoke with him, you could feel his love of life and riding.

God's Speed

<!--EDIT|flynjay
Reason for Edit: "Late spell check...again"|1104896817 -->

Very sorry to hear this Kevin, you were a great friend for him.

Very sad...

Kevin, Sorry to hear the news. My condolences go out to you and his family. I will be at the memorial ride, rain or shine....Dave

Sorry to hear this Kevin.

<!--EDIT|BLKBLU04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104898191 -->

Kevin I can't tell you how sorry I feel for your loss. My prayers for his family for he is in the hands of the lord.

sorry to hear about your friend. Wish I had a chance to have met him. Sounds like a great guy. Sorry I can't be there for the ride(working).

Back