Quitting Smoking really sucks

Chris79761TX

Registered
I completed a 10 day detox program of my body and the guy was right I have no cravings for a cigarette. But I find myself grabbing one out of habit and boredom. :banghead: :banghead: I will light it and not inhale and it and ending up throwing more than 1/2 a cigarette away cuz it tastes like crap. If I can just get over that part I will have it made and momma will be happier ??? I just eat alot now :whistle:

Last edited:
Best of luck quitting. Ive been smoking for 28 years. Over those years I have tried atleast 20 times from cold turkey, to welabutrin, chantix, the nicotine patches, snuff and electronic cigarettes.
At almost 40 years old Ive learned that smoking doesnt stunt your growth and a few of my friends that never smoked... a ciggarette:whistle: are usually playing catch up walking a steep ridge behind me while hunting.
Cigarettes are getting expensive and now I have gone to places popping around here in Tennessee called roll your own its basically a machine that rolls your cigarettes at a rate of 200 cigarettes in less then 7 minutes.
Put the tubes in, natural paper and select the tobacco you want... no government additives no fire retardant paper just natural Kentucky tobacco. I got 2 cartons and walked out the door after 15 minutes for under 45.00 compared to 100+ if bought Marlboros.
On the positive side I have had a few friends quit smoking over the years. Its tough and miserable. Best of luck on killing the nasty addiction:beerchug:

I have tried a few times, not even explainable how hard it is. My girlfriend doesn't drink or smoke sooo, apparently addiction is my problem lol.

No it is not easy to do, i quit Dec 11, 2010, cold turkey, with no patch, pills or aids!

It was a bet, lol, that i have won! I cant say that it has been easy at all, but i never have lit up since the day i quit!
There are some side effects, but my overall health, is sooo much better it weights the options!

Keep it up,, it can be done! https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/143322-trying-quit-smoking.html

Good Luck!!!

I quit all tobacco use Dec. 4, 2010 cold turkey. It is still hard at times. It took awhile for me to get rid of the "habit" of, I used to always smoke after eating, while I drank or while driving.

Good Luck on quitting. It can be done. I quit alcohol 10-23-2001 and everytime I lit a cigarette I wanted to drink. A couple months later I quit smoking 01-01-2002. Havent had a drink or smoke since. Thanks God!

Keep strong and focused. If you find yourself bored, go for a ride or a walk. Brushing your teeth helps some people...
It'll be the single best thing you can do for your health. think of all the cool modifications you can spend the extra ciggy cash on now! :laugh:
Looking at the cost of that disgusting nasty habit is reason enough to quit.

I have heard that quitting smoking is tougher then quitting a herion addiction. I tend to doubt that but cant say one way or the other cause ive never used either. but you can quit smoking, you just cant quit lung cancer.

my father smoked for 25 years and woke up one morning and said this is stupid and never smoked again. apparently its easier for some then others but if it was easy then everyone who wanted to quit would.

Been trying to quit for 25 years:down:

The little coffee stirrer straws are good subs when you need something in your hand and mouth in place of a smoke. My brother-n-law used them and now is addicted to plastic.:D

I have heard that quitting smoking is tougher then quitting a herion addiction. I tend to doubt that but cant say one way or the other cause ive never used either. but you can quit smoking, you just cant quit lung cancer.

my father smoked for 25 years and woke up one morning and said this is stupid and never smoked again. apparently its easier for some then others but if it was easy then everyone who wanted to quit would.

Herion was easy...:whistle: You have to want to quit. Not just say it.

I smoked for 25 years . And thought how can sticking a patch on your body work , well it worked for me no ciggies for 2 years now , can't even stand the smell of them now .

At $17 a packet I'm glad I gave it away . Just drink more now :-/

You have to want to quit. Not just say it.
I guess the same could be said for nicotine but opiates will grab most by the ballz and never let go in my experience. with a recidivism rate at over 90% for opiates I would think quitting smoking is much more doable.

Back