Its been a week

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Today makes 7 days tobacco free. I still have the craving, but know how bad it would taste. I have been eating like a pig, maybe nervousness, maybe I just got my apetite back. Either way, I am starting to smell things better, food tastes better, and I dont smell like cigarette. The bad thing is I really enjoyed smoking. Especially after eating. I watched my grandfather pass away from emphysema, my dad has it, and I know I will or would have gotten it.
Being around other smokers does not bother me at all, the real test will be the next time I have a beer or drink. They seem to go hand in hand. Maybe should carry a bag of peanuts with me! Theres an idea!
idea3.gif

For those that want to quit but havent, you will just have to make a decision, and when you are ready, you will. I just hope with time, the cravings for a cigarette will eventually go away. This is one of the hardest things I have ever done. Thanks to everyone that offered words of encouragement the first few days. That was rough, but I am proud to say I am still married and she only slept on the couch one night!
face7.gif

I am now eating breakfast instead of going to the garage for a smoke in the mornings. Some other things have changed, but I wont bore you with that. Thanks again for the support, and thanks for letting me vent and tell my story. Have a good night all!
hello.gif

Stay with it Brother, I am almost 3 mos clean. I slipped a couple of times and smoking doesn't seem the same.
beerchug.gif

great job... has been a good year for 'ya quitters'
smile.gif
buy ya a beer at bash !!

James that is great man, don't know how long you smoked but yes quitting can be a real mutha
wowold.gif
Next week will be 8 months smoke free for me and that after 37+ years of smokin, keep up the good work and don't put on too much weight, hell I bought a $500 dollar Vanson Jacket, quit smokin and 4 weeks later it wouldn't fit any longer.
wowold.gif

wowold.gif

It's tough, but you'll make it! Keep doing what your doing.

I knew you could do it James. It's been a little over two months for me and I don't desire one anymore at all.
ThumbsUp.gif

17 months smoke free..
beerchug.gif

it just keeps getting better James.. It don't even bother me when I drink.
beerchug.gif

Keep up the good work my friend..
bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

I wonder how long it will take until I quit coughing up the phlem, yucky!

Buy all you "new" non smokers a drink at the Gap this year! congrats to all of you...

Back