Its been a week

Congrats my Brother and to everyone who has ever quit!
I was once told there are only two ways to quit smoking....
1. You quit it
2. Or it quits you...

As to gaining weight better to be the fat man at the funeral then the trim man its being held for!

Keep going and don't look back. It's is one of the toughest and one of the best things you'll ever do for yourself. All the positives out-weight the negatives and that says a lot considering how smoking has no positives. Another thing to consider if you've had problems in this area, Smoking can,will and does lead to Impotence - quit one habit and theres a good chance you'll get rid of the other problem
thumb_up.gif
, trust me - I'm living proof.

way to go
clap.gif
just think of all the nice Busa parts you will be able to buy with the money your saving from not having to light up....

clap.gif
One day at a time brother. I've been smoke free since July 1, 2003. I still have cravings from time to time. You can kick it James.

Keep going and don't look back. It's is one of the toughest and one of the best things you'll ever do for yourself. All the positives out-weight the negatives and that says a lot considering how smoking has no positives. Another thing to consider if you've had problems in this area, Smoking can,will and does lead to Impotence - quit one habit and theres a good chance you'll get rid of the other problem
thumb_up.gif
Impotence?
poke.gif
Good thing I quit while I am ahead. So far so good. I had a craving after lunch today, but I got through it. Thank you for all the support, I dont plan to pick them up again.

thumb_up.gif
Impotence?  
poke.gif
Good thing I quit while I am ahead. So far so good. I had a craving after lunch today, but I got through it. Thank you for all the support, I dont plan to pick them up again.
rofl.gif

rofl.gif
 Sorry for finding pleasure in your misery,can't help it,yes it's morbid.   Having been there I do remember the physically emotional and psychologically out of control spiraling tornado - "It is" the mother of all journeys from Hell !  
rofl.gif
sorry for being so graphic
rofl.gif
  If only quitting was as easy as starting,  keep up the good work
ThumbsUp.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

thumb_up.gif
Impotence?  
poke.gif
rofl.gif

rofl.gif
 Sorry for finding pleasure in your misery,can't help it,yes it's morbid.   Having been there I do remember the physically emotional and psychologically out of control spiraling tornado - "It is" the mother of all journeys from Hell !  
rofl.gif
sorry for being so graphic  
rofl.gif
   If only quitting was as easy as starting,  keep up the good work
ThumbsUp.gif
No problem bro, it has been hell, but we are on the downhill slide now!
goodboy.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Way to go bro....
I quit about 5 years ago, and what I saved is about what my Busa cost me..Something to think about.
Besides, here in town they have a law that forbids smoking inside of places that are public.
I know this sounds crazy, but grapefruit juice will also detoxify your system when you quit, it really helps to loose the urge. But the best thing is not to be in a room with others who smoke for a while, like a month or so.
Good luck and do NOT give up. You'll be glad you did, and will have a lot more money to spend on your bike too.
Jim

Way to  go bro....
I quit about 5 years ago, and what I saved is about what my Busa cost me..Something to think about.
Besides, here in town they have a law that forbids smoking inside of places that are public.
I know this sounds crazy, but grapefruit juice will also detoxify your system when you quit, it really helps to loose the urge.  But the best thing is not to be in a room with others who smoke for a while, like a month or so.
Good luck and do NOT give up. You'll be glad you did, and will have a lot more money to spend on your bike too.
Jim
I knew I would save money, but you know, I have not been to the atm machine since I quit. You figure 5 bucks a day, thats 35 per week, 140 per month or more, thats my busa payment right there!

Yeah, and that is only now, consider down the road. While you are putting all those pretty new parts on your bike, that were paid for with the bucks you saved, the guys that didn't quit will be paying some doctor to repair their lungs from the cancer they got.(probably have to pawn their bike to do it too)
When somebody said it only gets better, that is the truth. You will see such an improvement in the way you feel, no coughing all the time, no "ashtray breath" and white teeth again, and your home will not have the smell or walls get that nicotine color on them. And you don't have to constantly clean the windows in the car or truck (during the winter,cause we all ride all summer long, don't we?) ...LOL
Seriously, it will be the best thing you could do for your health.
You other guys should give encouragement to anybody who has the guts to quit such a nasty habit.

IMG_6991_2__resized__191_kb.jpg

Get a jar and put the cash you were spending on smokes into the jar every day or at least every week. It will give you good motivation to stay on track! You may as well light your money jar on fire if you start smoking again.

Great job quitting. It'll be a few more weeks before you can drink and resist them so be careful! The only thing harder to quit was chew. I thought I was going to die. It was 3 times worse then quitting smoking, but they both are HORRIBLE. Keep going, don't look back.

That monkey looks stoned! Thanks for making me smile.  
beerchug.gif
y agotta love what ya do...
seriously, my x, who was self employed for 20+ years, now finds herself forced to go to work for someone else.
she's worried that she wont be able to smoke every 10 minutes, like she does now. she's running out of money and this is causing a downward spiral of stress.
i think it's the nost pathetic excuse i've heard all week
thumb_down.gif

Back