Question for anybody who has used a motionpro syncpro.

motomc1

Registered
Did you come across the problem when you had TB's 1 and 2 synced...they became out of sync when you adjusted 3 and 4? If so how did you end up doing it? thks

Which TB are you calling number 1?

When you sync you start at the one that has the base idle screw and work away from it. Always compare back to the one with the base screw.

#1 is on the clutch side. It does not change, ever. You synch #2 to #1 with the screw between them. Then, you can either synch #3 to it or #4 to it and then get the remaining screw adjusted last. Once you have #2 synched to #1, you're off and running.

--Wag--

I synced 1 and 2 clutch side (far left screw)...then when I sync 3 and 4 (far right screw) 1 and 2 go out of sync. I'm going by the fluid levels on the sync pro. I haven't even proceeded to the middle screw which is supposed to sync 1and 2 to 3 and 4.

I am going by that thread and another one. i have it all hooked up correctly and did the "pre-calibration" on the sync pro itself. I'll play with it tomorrow. I thought it would be "sync 1 and 2" then "sync 3 and 4" and then sync (middle screw) 1-2 to 3-4. Apparently not as easy as it sounds. I will conquer it though!

I synced 1 and 2 clutch side (far left screw)...then when I sync 3 and 4 (far right screw) 1 and 2 go out of sync. I'm going by the fluid levels on the sync pro. I haven't even proceeded to the middle screw which is supposed to sync 1and 2 to 3 and 4.

Sync 2-1, then 3-2, then 4-2 or 4-3...then recheck :thumbsup:

From reading the instructions off this sight it seemed the left hand screw was for 1-2 (get the fluid levels equal) and the right hand screw was for 3 - 4 (get the fluid levels equal) and the middle screw was to sync both 1-2 (equal levels) to both 3-4 (equal levels). Does this sound right/ with the final result being all the fluid levels equal in height.

You'll likely have to go back and forth between all three screws until you get it. There is NO right pattern to getting it right. Just get 1-2 first and then keep playing with it. Sometimes it can take a while. Make sure you're well-vented to the outside! :D

If you think that's bad, remember that after you synch it at 1,500 rpm, resynch at 2,500 rpm, then again at 1,500! Seriously!

--Wag--

Another question. The closer closer my 3 and 4 TB's are to being synced the less my bike wants to run. It actually dies out? WASSUP widat?

Because as you sync them, you idle is dropping. Either use your fast idle or keep a close eye and keep adjusting the idle. Everytime you make an adjustment, blip the throttle a little to ensure that the levels settle out where you think they are... to include when you adjust the idle... the adustments are very fine and it is tedious - you will go back and forth several times.

This is as close as I could get it after an hour of adjustments. This is idling between 1300-1400 rpm's. The bike still doesn't seem right...even though I haven't put it back together yet. I will probably try to iron it out some more tomorrow. thks to all

P9270019.jpg

How did they look when you first started out?

I am considering doing this also...sounds like a few hours of grief, but in the end your dialed in where you should be...

Last edited:
When you put her back together, see what she does/sounds like... You might not be disappointed... :)

Not this close...but it still doesn't feel right. i didn't want to let my bike idle any longer than an hour. When the fan kicks on the reading changes....so this pic is with the fan off. If you get a sync pro remember to calibrate it before you start. The calibration was WAY OFF!

How can you sync that way when the far left hand screw is supposedly for 1 and 2 (only) and the far right screw is for 3 and 4 (only). the middle screw being 1 and 2 (combined) to 3 and 4 (combined). I think I'm missing something here that will make this go alot faster and smoother. thks

Easy way to think of it for me, is left, right middle. Idle throughout. One thing that I do is try to capture first reading at start and sound/feel - that way the difference can be discerned.

1+2 left 3+4 right 3+7 (add then together) in the middle.
Hey, my way of remembering works for me.

I am not familiar with a calibration procedure? I use mercurystix - plug and pull... what did you have to do?

Back