TB sync question

Good day folks!

I own an 07 bl edition busa almost new (15400km on the clock). Did her service on 13000km. The service dealer changed only oil, greased generally, cleaned air filter and did not sync carbs, nor changed plugs, although previous owner claims that he changed them allready.

The problem is that since i got the bike has an unstable idle also in time it lowers down running at 900 RPM!! and some vibrations on caused by engine, symptoms of the engine running little out of sync.
So I asked the dealer (another) to sync my TB and change the spark plugs and he told me that he needs to dyno her to see the performance and also the AF ratio to put her after in the yoshi box and adjust!!!:banghead:

C'mon guys!! This is a totally stock, new bike with extremely low km on her and to yoshi box her!! He told me 150 Euros!! I said piss off! I'll do it my self. So I ordered a a vaccum gauge for 4 cylinders! 130 EUROS!

Closing, my question should be:
Providing I am mechanical engineer and I do enjoy getting my hands dirty with tools fixing wrenching here and there, my decision of changing spark plugs and syncing my TB's is good? Or should I stay away!!

Pls help couz I'm very stressed about this is a new bike for which I paid and worked for it hard! Just a little back up!And which is the step by step guide with pics??

Thank you!!

first it doesnt need to be dinoed to adjust and sync tb....that guy you went to i think is a quak...follow the service manual for sync and you should be fine. Change plugs once a year or so isnt a bad idea. If it still runs like garbage after sync you may need to dig further

first it doesnt need to be dinoed to adjust and sync tb....that guy you went to i think is a quak...follow the service manual for sync and you should be fine. Change plugs once a year or so isnt a bad idea. If it still runs like garbage after sync you may need to dig further

+1... anyone that tells you they need to dyno your bike to sync the TB has no idea what he's doing. If syncing the TB's and swapping plugs doesn't work, you may have some gummed up injectors. Being that it's an 07 with less than 10K miles, it's very possible.

BUT BEFORE doing all that, check your wiring couplers. You would be surprised at the gremlins that show up when you have a wire that is backing out of a coupler or just a coupler set that's not fully mated together. You may find/solve your problem with $0 spent. :-)

Good Luck and keep us posted on the outcome. :beerchug:

Maybe I misunderstood, but I didnt see where he said he needed to dyno to sync. With the engine warm and the fast idle completely off adjust the idle around 1250 R.P.M.s easy adjustment, long shank straight blade between the armrest and fuel tank on the throttle side. These bikes run a little rough at idle, factory cams :laugh:

The Gen I and Gen II performance can be improved by a good dyno. You can even get the ECU flashed and actually add a little performance and smoothness. So yes, If he goes in a straightens out the factory A/F a little it can make a difference. I had a Gen I with 36K miles and currently have a Gen II with 65K miles and never touched them. No valve adjustment, no throttle body sync, just changed the oil, filters and plugs. The Gen II did require a fuel pump last summer.

Also make sure that battery is good and fully charged. It can affect the performance

i used jinksters write up to sync my gen 1. change the plugs too. while the air box is off and before you sync, pull the injectors and pull the screen out of them and clean them with carb cleaner. it helped mine. after doing this and sync, it ran beautiful. its not hard just follow the sheets. theres things you need to plug and adjust once the airbox is off

Thank you all for your response!!

Well, my idle right now is at 900 rpm and rough, i'll first adjust it to 1200 rpm, maybe will be more stable. The engine is new and running very well, but i'm very thorough with my stuff and i try to maintain her to perfect condition.

7 days from now I'll get my sync tool (4 analog gauge with all kind of connectors and stuff) I'll do the TB sync and change the plugs while I'll be in there (not open twice the air filter).

I'm going on a 350 km trip and back this weekend I hope I won't damage my bike :poke:

Back