TB sync inspection.......

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
Like most of you guys, I do all of my own maintenance work. I trust no one to even touch my rides. Unfortunately, I’m not set up to do my own TB synchronization as specified in the Owner’s Manual for CA models only.
I KNOW that there aren’t any dealership techs in my area that would even have a clue as to how to accomplish this task (and would destroy my busa in the process); so, I have chosen not to take my bike in for this service. My question is, what are the symptoms of not having the TB sync done if they happen to be out of sync? What harm can be caused? My 05 busa has 13,000 miles now and as far as I can tell, still runs and idles perfectly. ( I plan on getting an 08 Busa and will pay whatever it takes to have a non CA model just to avoid the TB sync recommendation). Here in NV the dealers most always stock only CA models!
mad.gif

Thx in advance!

I dont have a california model bike and had a friend sync mine at about 5000 miles... night and day difference in the way the bike ran and it smoothed out the throttle response. If yours has 13000 miles on it, your way over due. Its easy to do and there are (if i remember correctly) at least 2 different walk throughs on this board with pictures on how to do it. Buy the vacum gauges and do it. Its not like they wont be usefull on your next bike as well...

I have mine synced every 7,500 - 8,000 miles. Like Sloto2000 said, night and day difference. You can get a set of carb stix online for under $150.

I had 10k miles on my 06 when I had my TB's synced. The mech said they were still spot on - turns out it didn't need it.

Even the non-CA bikes have to have the TB synch'd.

Symptoms of out of synch:

1. Gas mileage drops off. Slowly, over time. If you're not getting the same mileage you had 10,000 miles ago, this could be why.
2. A slight "knock" in the handlebars. It comes up so gradually, you'll be hard-pressed to notice.
3. You have more than 7,000 miles on your bike since the last time you synch'd up!
biggrin.gif

It's worth it to do the synch. $85 for the tool and about 90 minutes of your time.

--Wag--

after 13000 miles I finally decided to sync my tb's .After fixing my own gauges I found out that there was no need for adjustment at all.Of course all those miles are on highways.The situation is different i'm sure for mixed rides

Back