TB sync prices from dealers

Mr Droo

Registered
I'm in the Cleveland Ohio area and want to get my TB's sync'd as the bike is running a bit rough under 4k. I've changed plugs, checked the chain, idle is at 1200, ran seafoam through 4 consecutive tanks, and replaced the fuel pump.

Anyways, I was thinking about getting a carbtune, but would rather pay someone to do it. So, I called On the Edge Suzuki in Amherst to get a price on a TB sync. $65 + tax. After that, I called Rick Roush Suzuki in Medina for the same service...... $190 + tax. I asked the service guy that was just to sync the TB's... "yup"

Why would there be such a disparity between the two shops? BTW, anyone in the Cleveland area want to sync my TB's for a case of beer?

Drew

Maybe the guy at the edge knows what he's doing and can get it done in 30 minutes and the guy at Roush is still learning and is expecting to spend 2 hours figuring it out ???

before I set up an appointment for next week, anyone from the cleveland suburbs that has a sync tool want to come help me?

I've decided not to go with Roush as their price was exorbitant right off the bat.

man thats a shame.. I would do it if you were close for free.. or you could buy me lunch or something... I have had to do mine three times due to a vac leak caused by myself lol.. so im getting good at it.. and also thanks to the guys on here like busawhipped etc of course...

try and post this in DIY or another section maybe? There has GOT to be someone close to you that can help.. its really easy to do once you do a it a few times. Good luck! :beerchug:

I can build computers and install complex car stereos, but this seems to be something I want to learn, but not many folks around to help (i'm guessing). Like I said previously, this is the one thing I don't have the tools to do. i'll post over in DIY and see if anyone there is available. thanks for the nudge over there, Rashad

would a road trip cost less or more? lol...

Oh and find a local motorcycle board and see if you can borrow a carb sync or tb sync tool.

edit: car stereo was my life in high school! right after dirbikes and girls!

Back