TB sync tool

binx

Registered
I need some input on sync tools. Its either the Morgan carbtune 2 or the motion pro syncpro. Im trying to see who uses what and why. What are the pros and cons ? I figure I can do it myself and get a set of race stands for the same price the shops charge just for tb sync. Thanks

I have a motionpro sync pro. It has 5mm and 6mm fittings so it works with all Japanese makes.
It also has 4 scales and lines. That's alot easier than using a manometer with only 2 lines on a 4 cylinder bike.

I just received my CarbtunePro tool from overseas. Went with the carbtune tool due to the fact that all other sync tools out there use forms of liquids in the tool itself. I've researched threads and information on these tools that the user must use caution as to not allow the liquid to be sucked up into the throttle bodies or SERIOUS damage to the engine will occur.
In my experience, anything that could go wrong will go wrong. The carbtune tool uses no such liquids. It has metal rods that "float" within clear cylinders from the vacuum provided by the throttle bodies. Not to mention that there is no need to ever purchase "refill" liquids each time that I have to use the tool. Or keep the liquid stored somewhere seperately after each use. <Eventually refill liquid will need to be purchased for these other type of tools.
I purchased mine off feeBay from one of the manufacturers distributors for less than one bill. He has auctions on one tool each time one is bought or expires. I've watched them go for as low as 90 bucks (+ship). I got it shipped to my front door in less than seven days. Have not used it yet, but the quality of the tool looks to be top shelf.
Here's the seller if interested:
Linky to Carbtune Pro 4-col.

carbo.jpg

I have motion pro, the liquid in the motion pro is not suppose to damage the engine. The tools that have mercury in them are the ones that will destroy it. However, I would have bought the other one with the bars had I known about it. I have had no issues with the motion pro and it works great!

Just weighing options the motion pro is 70 bucks and the other is 100ish. Trying to see if its worth the extra chip

Just weighing options the motion pro is 70 bucks and the other is 100ish. Trying to see if its worth the extra chip

I didn't know the motionpro wasn't sealed when I bought it, but I've had no problems out of it.
If you weren't careful it is possible you could cause the fluid to be sucked out.
I prefer the sealed kind like the carb tune shown above, and they were around $200 everywhere I looked when I got the motionpro for $60. Beings how I use mine very little it's no big deal.
As said above too there's no mercury in the motionpro, or any of the new manometers I know of. I don't see how a few grams of fluid that can't hurt plastic would do any harm to an engine if any of it was sucked in.
If you don't mind paying extra for the carbtune then go for it. If you want a cheap quality tool that works well, get the motionpro.:thumbsup:

Consensus on most other forums is for the Morgan carbtune. You can get it direct from the manufacturer for under $100.

I have done a sync or two, and the Morgan carbtune is what I prefer; good quality piece of gear. Sealed and easy to use. It is more expensive, but pays for itself quickly. I used the motion pro, once. I have also used mercury sticks, but wow do you have to be super careful there!

Back