Sync'd my t-bodies today

I did'nt mean the tb screw. I meant the idle adjustment screw. That way get an approximation for the idle setting and the sync the tb to that. The cm. of the vaccume vary a little from bike to bike but it is usually in the range of 21-25 cm. on a Motion Pro.

ajm

(ajm @ Feb. 22 2007,13:46) I did'nt mean the tb screw.  I meant the idle adjustment screw.  That way get an approximation for the idle setting and the sync the tb to that.  The cm. of the vaccume vary a little from bike to bike but it is usually in the range of 21-25 cm. on a Motion Pro.

ajm
Thats about an average est I would say.(21 to 24cm)

Should this be done at about 10k miles or just when you sense it running a little rough?

I just did a tb sync on my busa yesterday and the manual and jinksters pics are not correct. The service manual shows the sync tool being hooked up to the ports that have rubbercaps on them, the only problem is the bike doesn't have these ports only the ports that the vac hoses for the map sensor hook to. Also in the pics jinkster posted he shows to hook the map sensor to the extra port on tb #4 while performing the sync, but if you do this it doesn't have enough vac to run right and idles rough or stalls. I had to put a tee in the map sensor hose so I could hook it up to #1 AND #4 so that the bike would stay running to perform the sync. I don't know what year they changed the TB but I have an 03 and it is different from the pics in the service manual. Like I said before it doesn't have the extra ports with a rubber cap on them.
HTH

(coop427 @ Mar. 28 2007,05:40) I just did a tb sync on my busa yesterday and the manual and jinksters pics are not correct. The service manual shows the sync tool being hooked up to the ports that have rubbercaps on them, the only problem is the bike doesn't have these ports only the ports that the vac hoses for the map sensor hook to. Also in the pics jinkster posted he shows to hook the map sensor to the extra port on tb #4 while performing the sync, but if you do this it doesn't have enough vac to run right and idles rough or stalls. I had to put a tee in the map sensor hose so I could hook it up to #1 AND #4 so that the bike would stay running to perform the sync. I don't know what year they changed the TB but I have an 03 and it is different from the pics in the service manual. Like I said before it doesn't have the extra ports with a rubber cap on them.
HTH
If you were experiencing difficulty keeping your engine running is it possible that you failed to do as they tell you on page 4-68 of the shop manual...

"Start up the engine and keep it running at 1,150 rpm by turning throttle stop screw"

didja miss that part maybe?

SYNCH4.jpg

and the pic is just fine...vacuum signal is vacuum signal at all these port/locations.

My engine almost didn't wanna start and stay running at all until i goosed up the throttle stop/idle screw....and they sorta run like shid with the airbox off till they warm up a bit...don't synch a cold engine...you won't be happy with the results.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

i need help can any one post sum pics of the vacuum line routing i just bought a busa in a box and almost dun except for the hoses

I have the mercury one from a long time ago.
I don't think you can even get one anymore.
The new ones have a different fluid in them, not mercury.

Back