Powerbronze DB, with or without the black edge?

FinnBusa

Registered
I'm about to order the Powerbronze DB screen and it seems I can order it with or without a black edge trim. Should I order it with the black edge trim or does it look better without it on the silver/gray Busa?

And which one is better/more practical color in your opinion: light gray or dark gray? I'm leaning towards the light gray but I haven't seen either one in real life...

Any comments greatly appreciated!

Pete

Hey Finnbusa,  I also have the 02 Busa silver/gray.  I bought the Powerbronze DB in the DARK tint without the trim.  I think it looks sweet and I have recieved many compliments on it.  One of these days i'll have to figure out how to use my wife's digital camera and post some pics.  Shoot me your e-mail address and i'll have my better half e-mail you some pic's.

I wanna see too! Post 'em here so we can all check them out. I'm debating on either the ZG or PB screens. I know CACHE likes his ZG, but I've heard that PB is better quality.

--Juggler

I think the ZG was popular because it was the only one around for a good while. I have read a lot on the subject and most people feel that both the Pyramid and the Power Bronze are better than the ZG. I have the Pyramid and when I went riding with Havoc and Cache, Havoc and I put our identical bikes next to each other, and low and behold, the Pyramid is actually a little higher. We didn't know that till then. The other thing is that the ZG is a lot thinner. I don't know about the Power Bronze, but it gets great reviews. I am looking forward to seeing one in real life.

P.S.
I think what Cache likes is the ZG Sport Touring screen that I sold him. That is another story entirely. It is not Double Bubble, and it really is awesome for wind protection. However, you do compromise a bit on style.

I have the PB db dark tint with the dark trim and love it. With a dark visor on my Shoei I can still see through it fairly well.

gauges.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This was s sunny day so it makes the dark tint look almost light.

windscreen.jpg

Holy crap, it worked! As you can tell i'm not very computer savy. This pic you can see the 1 1/4in bar risors I got from reeperrisor.com I love them!

2003_0416_161307AA.JPG

BUY THE LIGHT TINT WITH BLACK TRIM!!!! I have 2002 Silver/Grey have had both the dark tint and light tint on my bike. The light tint looks better on the Silver/Grey. The dark tint looks tough on the "SE". Let us know which one you go with. Bob
tounge.gif

Thanks for all the input, guys! I decided to go for the light tint without the black trim. Maybe the black trim would have looked better but I think I'll be very happy with this combo. Now I have to bite my nails and wait 2-3 weeks for the delivery, grrr...

I'm going to wash and wax the bike tomorrow morning and then it's 4 days of Busa fun!!!  
jump9.gif

Pete

Back