Powder Coating Stock Rearsets

got'em done today ,,,,disregard the weights need shorter bolts

Nice man, so you did the piece that attached the shift rod to the trans itself, but not the rod, I gotta ask my guy about that...

I had originally just planned on doing the rod itself and taping over the threads and leaving the other part.

Looks good man,

:beerchug:

:brave:

Nice man, so you did the piece that attached the shift rod to the trans itself, but not the rod, I gotta ask my guy about that...

I had originally just planned on doing the rod itself and taping over the threads and leaving the other part.

Looks good man,

:beerchug:

i wanted to leave some thing brite so no bolts , rod , etc

I dropped off my sutff the other day, he did a test part so I can see the "Satin Black" he had samples off gloss black and flat black. I didn't care for those, he wants me to come pick up the satin black part and compare it with my frame first before he does all my parts. I though that was a great idea.

I'll let you guys know what I decide and throw up some pics also.

Got my parts back, they look great... Pics to come,

HOWEVER I goofed and ruined my bushings that go into the front peg brackets...Man I was pissed, I got them back in and didn't realize the 3lb sledge I used to start them in was ruining the rubber in the bushings. I mounted the left side peg assembly and got on the bike to adjust the shifter back to where I like it and the free play would make you throw up. I called the local dealer and the bushings are like 17 each, and I need all 6.

I'll search out Vman1300 and see if he can help me get them chaper.

Guess you need to press them in and out, ???

But I am very happy with the way they look....

Removed the Hot Bodies tips and might have them bake those also... Just for the time being...

How are you guys removing the rubber pad on the shift lever? I'm about to PC mine tomorrow and that is the only thing that's still baffling me.

Thanks,
Jason

How are you guys removing the rubber pad on the shift lever? I'm about to PC mine tomorrow and that is the only thing that's still baffling me.

Thanks,
Jason

I used a very small flat head screw driver to open it up a tad and squirted WD-40 in there, got it nice and loose and was able to twist it right off,

Just be careful when using the screwdriver to get the edge started up over the end, after you get it worked over it'll slip right off while twisting it also.

Guys there no need to remove bushings they will hold up ....
Only ones are the older busa they have a plastic bushing in the shifter arm that needs to be removed and for that just heat up the arm (not Bushing) a bit and push it out w/ a socket...

I ordered a set of gold (color matched to the kanji) fairing screens for my 08' black/grey from Vic_E55 and they turned out freakin awesome...excellent quality and the color match is perfect:thumbsup:

how hard is it to uninstall the rearsets and after getting them painted, installing it back again.
Can you please guide me with this in detail?
????????????

This is going to be a winter mod of mine and i was wondering the same thing. Im not a complete moron when it comes to my bike but im still new to doing things myself and was wondering how hard it is to install the rear sets back on?? Im sure I can figure out how to get them off its just getting them back the same place im worried about.:whistle:

I sent mine to T&M Powdercoating, hes on the org. he did a great job, didnt have to remove the bushings and did the heads on all the bolt too. Only 100

Back