Shift Lever In Black??

Derrick0580

Registered
i have found it difficult to find a black oem shift lever...I'm having my rear sets powder coated satin black but the guy doing the work said since there is the bushing in the lever that needs a press to get in or out I will be better off finding an oem one already black. However, I can't find a gen2 lever anywhere whether it's oem or not. They are all gen1 levers I'm finding. I'm honestly considering just sanding and painting it with high temp paint since the only place it is touched has a rubber cover as it is. Any info on my situation will be greatly appreciated! Also can I honestly leave the bushings in? The guy doing the coating said take them out because he fubbed up all of them on his and his wife's busas, but I found a thread on here saying they can hold up to 375 degrees for 15 minutes....I'm having a hard time getting the bushings out but don't want to mar up the PC putting them back in either!

Last edited:
i have found it difficult to find a black oem shift lever...I'm having my rear sets powder coated satin black but the guy doing the work said since there is the bushing in the lever that needs a press to get in or out I will be better off finding an oem one already black. However, I can't find a gen2 lever anywhere whether it's oem or not. They are all gen1 levers I'm finding. I'm honestly considering just sanding and painting it with high temp paint since the only place it is touched has a rubber cover as it is. Any info on my situation will be greatly appreciated! Also can I honestly leave the bushings in? The guy doing the coating said take them out because he fubbed up all of them on his and his wife's busas, but I found a thread on here saying they can hold up to 375 degrees for 15 minutes....I'm having a hard time getting the bushings out but don't want to mar up the PC putting them back in either!

I had mine powdercoated without pressing the bearings out. 6yrs and 10k miles later still not an issue.

I had mine done long ago and I'm close to 80K. Dont know what the vendor did as far as prep, but I didn't press anything out

IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG

Back