China Levers vs OEM - Something to think about...

Well thanks to the OP :beerchug: I thought and try the OEM levers again surprise surprise they do feel a lot better than the china levers there is a much more solid feel to them however I did care much for the aluminium look so i painted them black :thumbsup:

Anytime! Everyday I'm more and more glad I swapped back to the OEM levers, just like you said they feel so much better....especially the clutch for me.

I've had the cheap shorty levers on a couple bikes, and never had an issue.
I had a friend have them lock the front wheel of his 636, but not cause him to crash.
All that causes that is a poor fit or improper installation of the brake master cylinder's push rod/pin.
A little filing and problem solved...but something th

at should have been checked to start with.
I always have belived(and still do), that the cheap levers are as good a quality as the cheap cast oem levers.
I have seen many oem levers break easily over the years...and they're made in China too.
BlancaBusaless provided a Pazzo, oem, and knock-off lever for testing a few years back.
An Engineer Org member tested the quality and strength of all 3.
And yep, you guessed it, the knock-offs were as good or of better quality than oem.
I give the knock-offs a few hard smacks to a wooden workbench, and if they don't break(which they never have), then I see them as having no immediatly apparent or likely casting flaws..
To each their own.
But it comes down to mechanical ability. If you install something incorrectly, chances are it will work incorrectly.
For $20 you can't expect perfection. Yet I remember many times having to modify brand new, top of the line, most expensive, best blah, blah, blah parts too.
Are knock-offs better than Pazzos or ASV? Nope. But they ARE as good s the oem, and probably even made in the same place.
Like oem levers? Great, run em.
Want shortys that fit YOUR hand better(personal preference), and don't have $200 to $250 to spend?
Then $20 knock-offs will be fine if installed correctly.
Again, to each their own. Say what you will, but I wouldn't buy knock-off rearsets.
MY opinion and thoughts don't want to trust my constant body weight to a possible casting flaw and breakage.
Just as a cheap oem or knock-off levers have higher odds of doing, opposed to higher quality...which is still never immune.

I've had the cheap shorty levers on a couple bikes, and never had an issue.
I had a friend have them lock the front wheel of his 636, but not cause him to crash.
All that causes that is a poor fit or improper installation of the brake master cylinder's push rod/pin.
A little filing and problem solved...but something th

at should have been checked to start with.
I always have belived(and still do), that the cheap levers are as good a quality as the cheap cast oem levers.
I have seen many oem levers break easily over the years...and they're made in China too.
BlancaBusaless provided a Pazzo, oem, and knock-off lever for testing a few years back.
An Engineer Org member tested the quality and strength of all 3.
And yep, you guessed it, the knock-offs were as good or of better quality than oem.
I give the knock-offs a few hard smacks to a wooden workbench, and if they don't break(which they never have), then I see them as having no immediatly apparent or likely casting flaws..
To each their own.
But it comes down to mechanical ability. If you install something incorrectly, chances are it will work incorrectly.
For $20 you can't expect perfection. Yet I remember many times having to modify brand new, top of the line, most expensive, best blah, blah, blah parts too.
Are knock-offs better than Pazzos or ASV? Nope. But they ARE as good s the oem, and probably even made in the same place.
Like oem levers? Great, run em.
Want shortys that fit YOUR hand better(personal preference), and don't have $200 to $250 to spend?
Then $20 knock-offs will be fine if installed correctly.
Again, to each their own. Say what you will, but I wouldn't buy knock-off rearsets.
MY opinion and thoughts don't want to trust my constant body weight to a possible casting flaw and breakage.
Just as a cheap oem or knock-off levers have higher odds of doing, opposed to higher quality...which is still never immune.

What up 6Pack , hope all is good I just ordered some some MZS shorty levers off Ebay been doing a lot off research I read some guys front breaks locking up mostly GSXZ or Hondas what do I need to lock out for or what could cause this not trying to have this happen, I know I will get hit by other forms members buy tha Pazzos please let me know asap thanks for your time 6Pack

I had China levers on my bike. I never got to ride with them but tolerances were spot on, microswitch activates on point.
Granted mine were from a more common China based company.
I just shipped mine to @RedBull so maybe he can say how he fares with them.
I have ASV on the bike now and I will say, I do love the feel but that is more on the infinite adjustment of them. Really can dial them in

I had China levers on my bike. I never got to ride with them but tolerances were spot on, microswitch activates on point.
Granted mine were from a more common China based company.
I just shipped mine to @RedBull so maybe he can say how he fares with them.
I have ASV on the bike now and I will say, I do love the feel but that is more on the infinite adjustment of them. Really can dial them in

Thanks Jeff what is the issue is it the hole isnt deep enough for the plunger piston or what should I look for I bought a cheap set off Ebay about 6 years ago an put them on my 05 busa no problems Just worried ant trying to crash, I was getting a new set because my current clutch lever is making a squeaking noise I pulled it off cleaned still doing it

I dont know what type of quality these are anyone know anything about this brand good or bad cant find anything on them on the busa when I bought it

20190407_204238.jpg

I seen this I will cancel my order and jusk keep my squeaking clutch lever better than my A$$ being being killed or raod rash

What up 6Pack , hope all is good I just ordered some some MZS shorty levers off Ebay been doing a lot off research I read some guys front breaks locking up mostly GSXZ or Hondas what do I need to lock out for or what could cause this not trying to have this happen, I know I will get hit by other forms members buy tha Pazzos please let me know asap thanks for your time 6Pack

I had a set of the cheap shorty levers from eBay on my GSXR and had a low-side from the front wheel locking up. Was trying to go the cheap route. Just like sixpack said, I had not ensured everything was seated properly when I installed them, but still will not order any again.

I had a set of the cheap shorty levers from eBay on my GSXR and had a low-side from the front wheel locking up. Was trying to go the cheap route. Just like sixpack said, I had not ensured everything was seated properly when I installed them, but still will not order any again.

Thanks BigBSBusa I will be buying some name brand ones later on I want them now If I buy them now I will be on a finger nail diet:confused:

The ones I had were by FXCnc, no issues whatsoever with brake light switch engagement, I used the factory OEM bushing for the clutch side and the levers in terms of the foot dimension were spot on to OEM.

E3D1DD62-D33A-41BA-AD5D-8E426470B171.jpeg

7CBC5B8E-ABED-4060-A2E7-20F640434A91.jpeg

45F036A8-330B-4538-A5DA-AA7228598231.jpeg

F92E70B4-417A-447D-A48C-6990EAC2EC86.jpeg

95A5310E-93E6-4578-8415-6A6A38755E3D.jpeg

46165965-C13F-4DC4-9A1C-D2CF02132EBD.jpeg

FDAC2C65-C0C5-4CF9-BB03-CBFB983F4536.jpeg

26D7C19F-26CA-4966-99D7-00292741FDE0.jpeg

The ASV’s I am actually having a little issue. It’s not so much an issue as it is an annoyance, the clutch switch only works if I have the clutch half way. If I squeeze all the way the bike won’t crank. I haven’t really dug in to find out why yet. I did not have this issue with the other levers

F21A05A8-5B64-4ABE-BE72-A199418F74D7.jpeg

38B74304-6616-42D5-9469-7A50A59A788C.jpeg

8BA71CD5-D223-4450-95AB-00A3D35B2E6E.jpeg

233F4425-88E8-45FD-B366-9BEC41969C96.jpeg

9C0F9E85-29AE-417B-A23E-1EFF9D21DBAF.jpeg

The ASV’s I am actually having a little issue. It’s not so much an issue as it is an annoyance, the clutch switch only works if I have the clutch half way. If I squeeze all the way the bike won’t crank. I haven’t really dug in to find out why yet. I did not have this issue with the other levers

View attachment 1597214

View attachment 1597215

View attachment 1597216

View attachment 1597217

View attachment 1597218

I dont have that problem with my ASVs.

Back