Clutch lever pin/pushrod & bushing

Country Boyz Busa

Registered
My clutch lever pivot bolt vibrated out while riding with a couple of buddies, so I bought a new bushing for pin/push rod, put a screw in to replace pivot bolt for clutch lever in and now I can't get the clutch lever to push up against the start button when you engage the clutch

My clutch lever pivot bolt vibrated out while riding with a couple of buddies, so I bought a new bushing for pin/push rod, put a screw in to replace pivot bolt for clutch lever in and now I can't get the clutch lever to push up against the start button when you engage the clutch

Got any pictures.
Is the screw a smaller diameter than the bolt, causing slack?
You can loop/connect the 2 wires at the clutch lever and eliminate the safety/need to pull it in to start.

Yea I figured it's the screw. I just stuck a screw in where the pivot bolt goes in. I've been waiting for the pivot bolt to come in but getting very impatient

20190207_140455.jpg

Another ? Is it a certain way this pin is suppose to go In?

Where are you located?
You can also buy a bolt and nut at most any hardware or home improvement store.

From the sound of things, the screw you replaced the bolt with is a smaller diameter than the stock bolt.
So, when you pull the clutch lever in, the slack around the screw prevents the pin from being able to be pushed all the way in, and activate the safety switch.
Should be an easy fix.

The diameter of the pin that fits into the bushing in the lever should be a different diameter than the end that fits into the MC.

The diameter of the pin that fits into the bushing in the lever should be a different diameter than the end that fits into the MC.

And, if it is backwards, then neither end is seating correctly, and the pin will not go into the MC far enough to engage the switch.
That may be the issue too, as after seeing your pictures, the allen wrench going through the bolt hole does not appear to have any slack in it.

Back