policeman correct or incorrect

correct action or incorrect

• correct

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • incorrect

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think if you dont wanna get thrown to the ground by a cop then you should probably follow his simple instructions

You mean, like "LEAVE NOW" four or five times?....All he'd better hear from my daughter is YES SIR on the first one....

It's amazing how many people who have never had any police training (me neither) or actually walked a beat are such experts in police proceedures and training....hindsite is 20/20 and you can armchair quarterback that officer all day long, but it wasn't YOU that was in that situation, and police, due to their job, get the benefit of the doubt. That chief completely bailed on his officer and I don't blame the officer for resigning - yet the ONLY Mistake he made was losing his temper and cussing those kids (jeez think of all the worse mistakes he COULD have made)...

Lastly, how many black people got shot in Chicago this weekend and how many died? Crickets chirping.....

Oh crap, here we go again...armchair quarterbacks line up...In Louisville this weekend....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I guess he should just stand there + let guy beat him with the pole :(
Mabe let others get in a wack with some object 2.
Man some people have just lost all respect 4 cops.
I watch lock up on weekends Louisville has some bad mugs in jail people
that the public should b glad not walking the streets.
one guy was going after a girl 4 snitching him looking 4 payback they killed couple her kids in process.
Im old school don't believe in snitching but there's 2 things I will rat somebody out in a second 4 hurting kids or animals

Oh crap, here we go again...armchair quarterbacks line up...In Louisville this weekend....

Nothing to line up over? Officer actually waited too long and hesitated before he shot him.
Gave the guy way too much time to do him harm before engaging him. Had that been a real pole it may have killed him on first whack. Clean clear and justified is what the video portrays which is totally contrary to what 'eye witnesses' said happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will wind up being the national norm with everybody criticizing cops for doing their jobs.
When you actually need one and they drag their feet in getting to you remember we brought this upon ourselves by chasing good officers away with their fears of being prosecuted for doing their jobs.

When seconds count the cops are only moments away if they show up at all....

Nothing to line up over? Officer actually waited too long and hesitated before he shot him.
Gave the guy way too much time to do him harm before engaging him. Had that been a real pole it may have killed him on first whack. Clean clear and justified is what the video portrays which is totally contrary to what 'eye witnesses' said happened.

Being drunk doesn't excuse a person from committing a stupid act. Unfortunately this guy picked a stupid act that involved violence. In turn he lost his life.

The was the one witness expressed things was like "OH, he was just drunk. He can't hurt a fly".

Cops have taken the Baltimore approach in the video long before now. They get a call for shots fired in a known problem area. Set up a perimeter, and let the idiots kill each other all they want. If they tried to go in to diffuse an unlawful activity, they would have the guns turned on them. So they simply set up a safety perimeter, wait for the shooting to stop and go in and process the paperwork for the deceased. Much easier than being investigated for shooting people that actually deserve to be shot anyway.

Too bad they have to appear in shadow silhouette, hoods on and disguised voices. Makes them seem like the perps.

What they have failed to address in Baltimore, is how a man was placed in a van under his own power, and ends up with a broken neck and dead. That unfortunately will be the issue they can't easily get around. It would appear so far from the so far investigation, that cops acted together, in complicity and knowingly to either cause or allow it to happen.

I seriously doubt you know what cops do or don't do. You love to paint cops with that broad brush. I believe that the majority of folks on this site see you for what you are. The two cops , if they are cops shown on the CNN video are disgusting. They may or may not speak for the Baltimore cop on the street I don't know. The individual at the end of that video reflects police in general in this country.

Once those officers took that individual into custody they were responsible for him. I don't believe any of them meant to seriously injure or kill this man, but they did. Ultimately someone will have to be responsible and the city of Baltimore will obviously pay this mans family a lot of money. You can't say let me police the way I want or my response will go away. That department needs to be very clear on what they expect of their officers. I seriously doubt their policies and procedures cover this mans death.

What does a majority opinion have to do with an accurate opinion? Painting with a broad brush is Modus Operandi here......

I seriously doubt you know what cops do or don't do. You love to paint cops with that broad brush. I believe that the majority of folks on this site see you for what you are. The two cops , if they are cops shown on the CNN video are disgusting. They may or may not speak for the Baltimore cop on the street I don't know. The individual at the end of that video reflects police in general in this country.

Once those officers took that individual into custody they were responsible for him. I don't believe any of them meant to seriously injure or kill this man, but they did. Ultimately someone will have to be responsible and the city of Baltimore will obviously pay this mans family a lot of money. You can't say let me police the way I want or my response will go away. That department needs to be very clear on what they expect of their officers. I seriously doubt their policies and procedures cover this mans death.

Here's what I think actually happened:

- He ran and was 'difficult' and continued to resist and be a general pain in the tail..
- They tossed him in the back, cuffed but not seatbelted, thinking if he rolled around a little, he might shut up.
- Somehow while rolling around either from his efforts, and/or the combination of driving him around, he managed to get hurt really badly and died.
- The police are wrong for not following proceedure (i.e., even protecting/safety for someone actively fighting them while in their custody), but does not rise to the level of intentionally trying to kill someone. Race was not a factor as the popo are black too.
- Press and race mongers make it into something it's not...and off we go...

I believe people (particularly kids) are far less civil these days. Disrespect of people is one thing but disrespecting police is disrespecting the "law" - Disrespecting cops heightens inherently volatile situations. Police work is often messy, violent, and disconcerting. I've been watching cops (bad boys - bad boys) for decades and every episode ends with a similar scrum. I've got to give the benefit of the doubt to the cops generally and this one in particular.

Here's what I think actually happened:

- He ran and was 'difficult' and continued to resist and be a general pain in the tail..
- They tossed him in the back, cuffed but not seatbelted, thinking if he rolled around a little, he might shut up.
- Somehow while rolling around either from his efforts, and/or the combination of driving him around, he managed to get hurt really badly and died.
- The police are wrong for not following proceedure (i.e., even protecting/safety for someone actively fighting them while in their custody), but does not rise to the level of intentionally trying to kill someone. Race was not a factor as the popo are black too.
- Press and race mongers make it into something it's not...and off we go...

They have admitted to using what they call a "Rough Ride" tactic. The cops that put him on the van and not securing him, was followed up by the cops knowingly taking further actions to bring some form of further physical harm. Further when he repeatedly asked for medical attention, it was ignored.

And I agree on 2 points. I think the perp may have tried to intentionally harm himself to some extent, and I don't think they meant to kill him. So that would make it an accidental death, but a negligent death nonetheless. Needless to say they would be responsible from the moment he was taken into custody.

I believe people (particularly kids) are far less civil these days. Disrespect of people is one thing but disrespecting police is disrespecting the "law" - Disrespecting cops heightens inherently volatile situations. Police work is often messy, violent, and disconcerting. I've been watching cops (bad boys - bad boys) for decades and every episode ends with a similar scrum. I've got to give the benefit of the doubt to the cops generally and this one in particular.

+1 The police r not here 4 us 2 take our anxiety's out on.
I just called local last night going across ohio river bridge from KY-IN in commercial truck see kid with bike (pedal bike) sitting on ledge in dark.
They told me were aware already dispatched, they just had drunk guy who fell asleep in traffic behind wheel last week do a peter pan # over the side
they cuffed him he jumped off they found his body down river 2 days later.

+1 The police r not here 4 us 2 take our anxiety's out on.
I just called local last night going across ohio river bridge from KY-IN in commercial truck see kid with bike (pedal bike) sitting on ledge in dark.
They told me were aware already dispatched, they just had drunk guy who fell asleep in traffic behind wheel last week do a peter pan # over the side
they cuffed him he jumped off they found his body down river 2 days later.

You talking about the Brandenburg Bridge or one of the ones in Louisville?

from Henderson KY 2 Evansville IN there was wreck traffic backed up he was drunk fell asleep
really no serious charge the current is strong in middle cant believe he jumped with cuffs on

Ok. Know that bridge too just not travelled it as often...unfortunately, a Darwin moment..

Cops have taken the Baltimore approach in the video long before now. They get a call for shots fired in a known problem area. Set up a perimeter, and let the idiots kill each other all they want. If they tried to go in to diffuse an unlawful activity, they would have the guns turned on them. So they simply set up a safety perimeter, wait for the shooting to stop and go in and process the paperwork for the deceased. Much easier than being investigated for shooting people that actually deserve to be shot anyway.

Too bad they have to appear in shadow silhouette, hoods on and disguised voices. Makes them seem like the perps.

What they have failed to address in Baltimore, is how a man was placed in a van under his own power, and ends up with a broken neck and dead. That unfortunately will be the issue they can't easily get around. It would appear so far from the so far investigation, that cops acted together, in complicity and knowingly to either cause or allow it to happen.

I'm sure you've heard of Kharma eh? Career felon with almost a dozen felony arrests for trafficking and manufacturing and possession. He made a living by dealing death to others. And in the end he got what he deserved which is a hole in the ground. Wanna bet on if he had a job and was at work that day whether or not he would still be alive? No pity for people like him. Live by the sword and die by it. And no I don't care who this pisses off either.

I'm sure you've heard of Kharma eh? Career felon with almost a dozen felony arrests for trafficking and manufacturing and possession. He made a living by dealing death to others. And in the end he got what he deserved which is a hole in the ground. Wanna bet on if he had a job and was at work that day whether or not he would still be alive? No pity for people like him. Live by the sword and die by it. And no I don't care who this pisses off either.

Doesn't matter. The cops had responsibilities. Their job isn't to administer justice. He was not a threat to the arresting officers. He should have made it to court in as good a condition as he was arrested.

Doesn't matter. The cops had responsibilities. Their job isn't to administer justice. He was not a threat to the arresting officers. He should have made it to court in as good a condition as he was arrested.

And in that statement sir, you are correct, even if he was doing his damnedest to hurt himself and miscalculated (just like they miscalculated that he'd manage to damage himself that badly in the back unsecured). But that's not Premeditated Murder.

Back