Local news:: Brutal murder of teen rocks community

Laylas_Mom

Registered
At the beginning of March, 15-year-old Seath Jackson adored Amber Wright.

He posted on Facebook that he loved Wright, also 15, and noted on one peaceful afternoon that he was spending time with her and her brother, 16-year-old Kyle Hooper. Weeks later, the young couple had broken up.

Now Wright is accused of luring Seath to his death with a text message.

Marion County Sheriff's Office detectives said Wednesday that Wright, Hooper and three older friends were responsible for planning a deadly encounter during which Seath was brutally beaten, shot several times and his body burned to ashes. They were charged with first-degree murder. James Young Havens III, 37, who is Wright and Hooper's stepfather, is accused of acting as an accessory after the fact.

The killing shocked residents and crime experts alike.... see link for the rest of the story

Marion teen killed: Six arrested, accused of killing, burning teen boy - OrlandoSentinel.com

anyone outside of central florida hearing about this? I worry about my 14 yr old and the stresses and choices the teenagers now days are surrounded by

Wow! For a group of kids to plot and actually carry out such a brutal and heinous crime is just unthinkable. What is this world coming to?

These kids obviously had a good bit of unsupervised time on there hands. Just goes to show that proper parenting goes a long way.

Very sad... R.I.P Seth

These weren't kids that did this. The girl was 16, but the other boys were 16, 18, 20 and the step father was 37....what could possibly make them do this to the boy?

Wow! For a group of kids to plot and actually carry out such a brutal and heinous crime is just unthinkable. What is this world coming to?

These kids obviously had a good bit of unsupervised time on there hands. Just goes to show that proper parenting goes a long way.

+1 spend time with your kids and maybe it will save their lives. sad to see such hate from people soo young.

This is tough to hear, after watching the vid one kid has tats on his face, the other is throwing up gang signs... I mean really guys know who your kids are hanging out with.

Something was terribly wrong with these kids. Too much violence on tv? No decent parenting? Video Games?

All I know is, if it were my kid.....And even then I couldn't lower myself to that level of depravity. I'd make it quick and painless.

Back