policeman correct or incorrect

correct action or incorrect

• correct

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • incorrect

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pulling his hand-gun and waving around to calm down kids at a pool party, what the hell was he thinking. That action alone shows that guy should not be a police officer. His hand gun is a tool of last resort. Was anything rally going on during that incident to require a display of potental deadly force??? I am definitely pro-law inforcement but that guy was wrong in handling that situation, completely wrong and changes a disturbance in a potentially deadly situation.

Jim

Jim I agree with most when u +refer 2 them as kids guess most were under 18 girl taken down only 14
when the 2 boys run up looks like there going jump in then had 2nd thoughts thing is we get watch vid+consider best action.
He had just seconds 2 decide he did re holster weapon I did hear former officer on radio say there trained not draw weapon unless going use it because if your just holding it becomes a liability 2 them

This Punk ass officer should lose his career imho...All this excessive force from them is just plain ridiculous...If that was my daughter being slung around like that and being shoved into the ground while I was there he would have had a fist coming to him...I will bail out and fight it in court. :moon:

I think 1 problem kids don't think they have obey police more so since ferguson.
He gave order 2 leave and 2 get down 2 they refused.
I'm truck driver when I go in weigh stations sometime 2 my dread it says pull over+bring in all paperwork
I would rather not do this but I obey there request if I just drive off not good things will happen.
There just kids but kids can do damage remember lord of flies?
How many cops per kid were there im not Shure he might felt overwhelmed
I guess mabe he was in wrong but what if she had said yes sir will leave
guess showing any respect or just do what they say even if don't agree is out of question?

I think 1 problem kids don't think they have obey police more so since ferguson.
He gave order 2 leave and 2 get down 2 they refused.
exactly! maybe if these little azzhole kids actually had fathers to teach them a little respect vs. having the police do it this country wud have far less protests and far less incidents like this......

he's trying to control 10 little disrespectful shiitheads who think they can do watever they want just like the rest of teenagers in this country now cause they watch clips on TV where the cops are doing nothing as teenagers and young adults throw bottles at cops, burn police cars and businesses in their OWN f-en neighborhoods and therefore think the police have no teeth and therefore can't do shiit to us and if they do we will sue them and give interviews on CNN!

like Gearjammer as stated it started to get really bad after Ferguson and then Baltimore. they think they have some sense of entitlement. entitlement to do watever they want and disobey the police wen given lawful orders cause it will be on tube and then all the fingers will be pointed at the cops and the parents will now be looking to line their pockets with money from the city vs. smacking the shiit out of their kids for acting the way they did.

I was far more afraid of my father then I was any cop but then again I actually had a father which is more then I can say for most of these little douchebags!

"Black lives matter".... I keep seeing this on T-Shirts and ANY time a white cop has an incident with a black male or female it must be racism smh. but the funny thing wen it comes to black men actually dyeing from VIOLENT crime 93% of black men killed in this country are killed by other black men. the most dangerous person to a black man in America is another black man NOT white cops. where are all the protests pertaining to that?

Baltimore has seen a 40% increase in its Homicide rate this year! thats staggering! they had 43 murders in May alone! thats the highest in the last 50 years for that month. you wud think that due to all the inequality and racism that supposedly exists in Baltimore they wud come together and make this the safest the city has ever been. its just the opposite.

its just another example of criminals exploiting the criminal justice system where drug dealers are just killing the competition because Baltimore City cops can't do their fukn jobs without being charged with Murder for transporting a prisoner to booking and then letting their city burn cause racist politicians didn't want to rock vote and lose an elected position. that scumbag prosecutor as well as that moronic mayor has made Baltimore the most dangerous city in America now..... smh

a perfect example of how violent cites NEED the police. without them doing their job u get a dramatic increase in violent crime. yea...yea....yea FUK the police I know I hear it every day but the fact is they need me far more then I need them. I don't live there they do and wen politicians tie the cops hands making them afraid to do their job cities will burn to the ground in this country.

This Punk ass officer should lose his career imho...All this excessive force from them is just plain ridiculous...If that was my daughter being slung around like that and being shoved into the ground while I was there he would have had a fist coming to him...I will bail out and fight it in court. :moon:
if that was ur daughter she wudnt be acting like that wud she? she wud hav obeyed the first order given to the police. in fact, ill bet she wudnt even put herself in that predicament to begin with! so its not really a fair argument is it?

Pulling his hand-gun and waving around to calm down kids at a pool party, what the hell was he thinking. That action alone shows that guy should not be a police officer. His hand gun is a tool of last resort. Was anything rally going on during that incident to require a display of potental deadly force??? I am definitely pro-law inforcement but that guy was wrong in handling that situation, completely wrong and changes a disturbance in a potentially deadly situation.

Jim

Video I seen, it looked like he drew his gun after the two boys approached him in a not so friendly manner which could of resulted in his personal bodily harm. The kids backed off and he backed off them while the other officer gave chase. I believe the one kid was arrested for that too. Bottom line it doesn't matter if you 15 or 50, if you are told to do something by an officer do it. You can argue your rights being violated afterwards. You think the cop singled her out? She got his attention and thought she was above the law. Kids crashing a party at the pool and officers trying to get it under control and kids not listening= recipe for disaster.

Little better version of the video. Video of officer who drew gun on black teens raises tension - The Denver Post

OMG I agree with Brett lack of parenting my dad was in military tell me do something would throw in quickly quickly lol talking back to mother or father was not acceptable.
Even if u don't agree with police cant just disregard them when im pulled in weigh station lot times the officers 1/2 my age I still yes sir+no sir them then they give me respect back.
My sisters r both teachers they have had difficult time keeping order in class since ferguson.One kid refused participate in pledge because he said there is no justice 4 all.She told him then that's something you can try change when you get older cell phones also big problem they tell them if your going use cell phone in class theres the door.

I guess I don't get why I would respect a rabid animal? I was taught to respect people who act respectfully. My upbringing was better than most (white or black) but If I clocked this jerk and was thrown in jail for it my parents would be proud of me for standing up for what is right, just like they did. These thugs haven't changed and they are still just useless.

john-lewis-pilgrimage_to_selma.jpg

Couple of things here gang -

1 -- cop bashing in general, not going to be tolerated here, so please don't start it because it'll only get the thread locked and/or removed...

2 -- racial tensions in America are at an all time high, and I hate to see the headlines, almost daily feeding in to this. I am the first to admit there are issues, and I wish there weren't because I have friends from all walks of life :(

Here's what I see above all else in America anymore -

Spoiled rotten Americans of all colors and backgrounds with a sense of entitlement, acting like idiots because they think that's their right...

Far too many with guns in their hands that lack proper training to use them correctly. This includes police officers, unfortunately, as well as the George Zimmerman's of the world...

These two factors are a lethal mix, and far too many stand by with their smart phones to capture the moment over helping to diffuse situations. Far too many parents raise their kids to act like fools. I didn't even watch the videos; don't need to. I just know I tell my kids every chance I get how not to act, how not to treat others and what to expect if they do - it's called "consequences" children, expect them and don't call me if you end up in jail. No lie, I've told both of my sons they'd better not ever get themselves in a situation that lends them to land in jail, and if they do, I hope they know they'd better not call me. Be smarter and you don't end up in these situations, period.

I am a little undecided on this. When an officer feels threatened he should definitely pull his firearm. So in a way i think he was justified in this. Now his actions on the other hand i call into question some. I think there may have been a little better way of handling this other then shoving kids around and cursing at them etc. That in my opinion is the inappropriate actions. If this had been done there stands a chance he may not have had to draw. Kids now days are for sure lazy, spoiled rotten, i deserve everything given to me pukes. I blame the government in part for this. They have taken away our tools as parents when it comes to disciplining our children. They tax us so highly that there is no way parents can make it on one income. Both parents have to work to survive. As a result kids are left to their own devices more often than they should be.
Race problems in this world are nothing new and havent changed in 2000 years. People as much as we like to think we have evolved havent. In their hearts people just cant get past the idea of being different.

2whjnvd.png

Was that high school graduation party? if so some were 18 that's young adult
I think he was just trying gain control of chaotic situation.

It is not my intent to wind ppl up but here is my input. I have never been a LEO and my hat is off to them for what they do. I was a member of the Arkansas Law Enforcement Training Academy's (state police academy) defensive tactics instruction team for a little over 9 years. You folks that are condemning this officer are looking at a very small part of the big picture in this situation. Police officers are not held to the same standard as a non-LEO citizen. They are held to the standard of what an officer with comparable training might or should have done. There is a supreme court ruling that supports this but I don't remember which one, been a few years. They are in a position where they have to make decisions based on the information at hand. I have watched that video several times before posting this. Here is what I saw, an officer surrounded by 10 to 15 people some physically bigger than he is. All the media shows you is that 20 - 45 secs of the situation. You guys/gals need to realize there is A LOT more that you didn't see. The public is enraged about this situation because of the media releasing a small portion of what happened. If the kids had complied with his verbal directions, there would have never been a need to for him to draw his weapon to establish a higher level of control. Our society has totally gone to shyte when it comes to respecting authority from any source. It doesn't matter what race anyone is. There are a couple of generations of people that believe all they have to do is cry and whine and post up a video and they are exonerated for being stupid. So, IMHO, this officer did what he felt was needed to establish and maintain control of this situation AND to prevent it from escalating. He had the entire picture of the situation not just the media's twist on a 30 sec video. Get pissed and rant or rave if you want, but at the end of the day. If that officer had been there to protect your kid from getting beat up or worse by a bunch of kids that have been taught there really aren't any consequences for their actions, you might have a different outlook.

It is not my intent to wind ppl up but here is my input. I have never been a LEO and my hat is off to them for what they do. I was a member of the Arkansas Law Enforcement Training Academy's (state police academy) defensive tactics instruction team for a little over 9 years. You folks that are condemning this officer are looking at a very small part of the big picture in this situation. Police officers are not held to the same standard as a non-LEO citizen. They are held to the standard of what an officer with comparable training might or should have done. There is a supreme court ruling that supports this but I don't remember which one, been a few years. They are in a position where they have to make decisions based on the information at hand. I have watched that video several times before posting this. Here is what I saw, an officer surrounded by 10 to 15 people some physically bigger than he is. All the media shows you is that 20 - 45 secs of the situation. You guys/gals need to realize there is A LOT more that you didn't see. The public is enraged about this situation because of the media releasing a small portion of what happened. If the kids had complied with his verbal directions, there would have never been a need to for him to draw his weapon to establish a higher level of control. Our society has totally gone to shyte when it comes to respecting authority from any source. It doesn't matter what race anyone is. There are a couple of generations of people that believe all they have to do is cry and whine and post up a video and they are exonerated for being stupid. So, IMHO, this officer did what he felt was needed to establish and maintain control of this situation AND to prevent it from escalating. He had the entire picture of the situation not just the media's twist on a 30 sec video. Get pissed and rant or rave if you want, but at the end of the day. If that officer had been there to protect your kid from getting beat up or worse by a bunch of kids that have been taught there really isn't any consequences for their actions, you might have a different outlook.

I agree with this 100%

My comment about "lack of proper training with guns in their hands" does include some in authoritative positions, unfortunately, and I stated that above. What comes to mind immediately is the cop that recently shot a man in the back as he ran from his vehicle after a routine traffic stop and that man is now dead, the cop is suspended...better training might have helped avoid that situation completely because unless that man is a known murderer, there's just no need. But, the biggest issue IS the lack of respect those being approached by those of authority seem to have. If you've done nothing wrong, stand down, answer the questions, be respectful and be on your way. No harm, no foul...

OMG, don't get me started...

black kids at a pool party in the suburbs makes them fatherless? going by that stereotype I guess all cops are drunk adulterers with anger and control issues.
exactly! maybe if these little azzhole kids actually had fathers to teach them a little respect vs. having the police do it this country wud have far less protests and far less incidents like this......

black kids at a pool party in the suburbs makes them fatherless? going by that stereotype I guess all cops are drunk adulterers with anger and control issues.

I'm not sure that GNBRETT meant that they didn't have fathers. That's not how I understood what he was saying... He didn't make a comment to race in that part of his statement. Your comment insinuates that he blamed this on race. I understood him to say that if the fathers had taught kids respect, this wouldn't have been an issue. This isn't about race despite what the media will have you believe. This is about a generation of disrespectful kids who believe that they can do whatever they want with no consequences. I have a 21 year old. He would NEVER pull the crap that was pulled in that video. Why? Because I taught him that he was accountable and responsible for all his decisions GOOD AND BAD.

Back