Police knife attack video. Puts things in perspective.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Unrehearsed training video. A bit old but clearly gets the point across.
Dan Inosanto is a famous Eskrima/knife instructor. The video clearly demonstrates distances most think would be safe are in fact not. I'm posting this because there are still many who refer to the distance Mike Brown was from Officer Wilson. I've heard 'well he was 15 feet away! Can't possibly be a threat!'

With an open mind watch and learn how fast a determined attacker can strike. Also pay attn to the officers who are what we call 'guncentric' meaning it is what they go for because in their mind it is the end all to be all. 'I'm carrying a gun so I'm invincible!' is the mentality of many cops as well as concealed carriers. Not many contemplate H2H tactics or even study them. Even from a distance of 21 feet the attacker is still able to come really close to stabbing him. From 10 feet or less you'd be dead before you realized it. Watch cop stumble backward as he's drawing and Inosanto slices him right across the throat. SD ain't no joke.

I hope this may open some minds or cause some to rethink their SD plan.

Maybe an oldie but definitely gets the message across. Some folks just don't understand the damage a blade can do.

and why a certain someone grabbing his waistband, ignoring orders, then rushing, just might cause one to speculate AGAIN their life may be in danger?

Maybe an oldie but definitely gets the message across. Some folks just don't understand the damage a blade can do.

I carry deer gutting knife when im on road trucking.
Hope I never use it but little scary going in rest ereas 2 use bathroom middle night.

Interesting video. But that is showing surprise attacks. If you are already in confrontation with some and your gun is already drawn is the outcome the same?

Yup - I know black belts that have said if someone attacks with a knife - they would run away.

Those distances are for young guys in good shape.
Someone older and out of shape would have to double those distances, or more.

Interesting video. But that is showing surprise attacks. If you are already in confrontation with some and your gun is already drawn is the outcome the same?

No not necessarily. But then again I know a lot of folks into guns. Most shoot on a static square range with no pressure type scenarios. So how accurate do you think the average person is going to be with a knife wielding man running at them?
Now you understand why multiple rounds are usually fired with only a few hits. Police officers draw their weapons all the time. But for a civilian you better be damn sure you are legal to do so because if not aggravated assault with a firearm carries a stiff penalty.

No not necessarily. But then again I know a lot of folks into guns. Most shoot on a static square range with no pressure type scenarios. So how accurate do you think the average person is going to be with a knife wielding man running at them?
Now you understand why multiple rounds are usually fired with only a few hits. Police officers draw their weapons all the time. But for a civilian you better be damn sure you are legal to do so because if not aggravated assault with a firearm carries a stiff penalty.

Agreed.

Most civilians go to a range and use two hand firing at paper.
In real life there is a super good chance that it will be one hand used while running.
BIG difference, so if you don't practice that, it might be better to not carry, as then you wouldn't feel invincible. :whistle:

Then again if you weigh 300 lbs how fast can you run away?

I believe one of the scenarios has a weapon already drawn in which the LEO prevails. I'm sure that is not always the outcome though.

ud be surprised how many cops can't even get their gun out of their holster under stress. and wen someone is charging u with a knife the pressure is even greater then it wud be from someone shooting at u from a distance. and the suspect is moving at you fast. very difficult to shoot someone with one shot and kill them.

many wud be lucky to hit him at all. especially since most cops only fire their weapon when they qualify and don't do a lot of drills with someone running at u with a knife.

I will tell you as a black belt in 3 different disciplines that if someone pulls a knife, that hip twist that we use to generate power for kicks and punches should be used to turn your body and run away. I was a defensive tactics instructor at the state police academy for 9 years. We incorporated SDK in our curriculum. If someone decides to engage an attacker with a knife, that person has accepted (whether they know it or not) that they are going to get cut.

ud be surprised how many cops can't even get their gun out of their holster under stress. and wen someone is charging u with a knife

Does this include you? :poke:

I know if at all possible I would run away. But if there is a wall behind you that could be pretty hard.

So what do you do? Charge the attacker? Give up and let them kill you. I would prefer to go down fighting vs just letting them kill me.

The other thing that is important is the size of the knife. A 3 inch blade you might be able to survive a penetration if it didn't hit vital organs.
But a 10" knife also extends his reach and a penetration with that might very well kill you just from bleeding out.

Here is another question - would you ever believe a scumbag that said he won't hurt you if you give him your wallet and/or money?
Or is it common for them to take you out so there are no witnesses to report him or testify against him? IDK.

lol no that wud not include me since I have a Blackhawk Holster and there is no breaking it in like there is with ur typical holster that many carry.

and no most thieves are not going hurt u if u give up ur money. and its pretty rare there wud b a wall behind you. if so, run towards or near him and try to escape. not many other options.

not many ppl carry a 3 inch knife either.

Does this include you? :poke:

I know if at all possible I would run away. But if there is a wall behind you that could be pretty hard.

So what do you do? Charge the attacker? Give up and let them kill you. I would prefer to go down fighting vs just letting them kill me.

The other thing that is important is the size of the knife. A 3 inch blade you might be able to survive a penetration if it didn't hit vital organs.
But a 10" knife also extends his reach and a penetration with that might very well kill you just from bleeding out.

Here is another question - would you ever believe a scumbag that said he won't hurt you if you give him your wallet and/or money?
Or is it common for them to take you out so there are no witnesses to report him or testify against him? IDK.

More facts, reason , and logic wasted :rofl:

and it is an old flick. Not going into police tactics to further help criminals.

Back