Outside perspective Fort Hood

we assume that it would be different on base with soldier BECAUSE they're soldier. Do you have any idea how many guys are walking around on base suicidal, or with ptsd, or just pissed off in general? I've been there and done that and let me tell you, someone who is trained to react to a hostile situation with a weapon is at least 100 times more likely to use it than your average "I got a carry permit and a revolver in my jacket" citizen walking down the street is. The rules on military bases are evolved from situations that have accurred in the past, not just because someone like you or I think its a good idea.

we assume that it would be different on base with soldier BECAUSE they're soldier. Do you have any idea how many guys are walking around on base suicidal, or with ptsd, or just pissed off in general? I've been there and done that and let me tell you, someone who is trained to react to a hostile situation with a weapon is at least 100 times more likely to use it than your average "I got a carry permit and a revolver in my jacket" citizen walking down the street is. The rules on military bases are evolved from situations that have accurred in the past, not just because someone like you or I think its a good idea.

your right, there are some unstable people in the military. Not arming all of them stateside is a good practice. However they need armed MP's all over the base for security.

your right, there are some unstable people in the military. Not arming all of them stateside is a good practice. However they need armed MP's all over the base for security.

+1 I completely agree. Unstable and just plain gunhappy retards are a major reason I didnt reup:banghead:!

I met some interesting human beings during my service time. Some I just assume forget.

I met some interesting human beings during my service time. Some I just assume forget.

same here brother:beerchug: Cant tell you how many times I wanted to track down recruiters who let these imbeciles in and slap the crap out of em!

Recruiters are another story... the military version of a car salesman.

:rofl:

Don't bash all of the military folks! I was one once too. Sure I've had my own trials and issues, but I refuse to live somewhere that I'm not allowed to defend myself.

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE!!!!! KILLERS KILL PEOPLE!

I can take a person out with a pencil. A gun just makes it faster and more efficient.

Don't bash all of the military folks! I was one once too. Sure I've had my own trials and issues, but I refuse to live somewhere that I'm not allowed to defend myself.

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE!!!!! KILLERS KILL PEOPLE!

I can take a person out with a pencil. A gun just makes it faster and more efficient.

Dont worry doug, I'm sure you dont fall into either the imbecile or retard army groups.:beerchug:

Dont worry doug, I'm sure you dont fall into either the imbecile or retard army groups.:beerchug:

The freaks are the exception. I have met a lot of great people when I was active duty. Yes, there were a few that I would rather not have met. There many others would I trust to work with in a life or death situation.

The freaks are the exception. I have met a lot of great people when I was active duty. Yes, there were a few that I would rather not have met. There many others would I trust to work with in a life or death situation.

I feel the same way, I'm just saying that rules are in place for a reason. Dont think I'm bashing bro. I dont even blame the guys that go crazy. Being put in bad situations effects people in bad ways and thats the reason soldiers dont walk around fully armed when on base stateside. People snap, and snapping with a loaded weapon is never a good thing.

Last edited:
Please lock this thread.

Thanks to a few members it has become a "bash our soldiers and veterans" thread.

Sorry, not bashing my fellow vets, i should have clarified, the ones I was thinking about never made it through basic. One wet his rack so he could go home, one blew his brains out on the firing range and the other pretended he was driving a car every where he marched.
So they never made it into the military.

Calm down

Back