And in local news...viral video of police Dad taking his daughter from scene...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Just read the story and watch the video; happened in Richmond, VA a few days ago...

I just checked the Richmond Police Department's Facebook page and they've got a post saying they've started an investigation, so at least we have that...

Not an opportunity to cop bash please, but this may be a very bad case for RPD or at least some officers if what is being assumed turns out to be true... :whistle:

Cell phone video causes firestorm over police actions in Church Hill incident | WTVR.com

as a father i can understand why he did it but as a citizen, i am not surprised.:whistle:

The video is short in the sense that what really occurred is skewed...the dad will suffer more than she would...it seems deep pockets would get the charges dropped to something of a lesser charge had the dad threw her in the back of a black/white cruiser. Social media spreads the good and bad so quick.

As a mother, I'd make my kids face the music...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII
u might be singing a different tune if it was YOUR insurance she was under and now ull have to pay $5000 a year for insurance or they wud drop you altogether. I wud venture to say that was a thought in the fathers mind as well.

u might be singing a different tune if it was YOUR insurance she was under and now ull have to pay $5000 a year for insurance or they wud drop you altogether. I wud venture to say that was a thought in the fathers mind as well.

No, actually I wouldn't. I don't want to raise my kids to think they can skirt the law. Now, let's pretend I am a police officer on top of that, and I do what this guy just did with my own child. In all honestly, I'd be terrified of the very repercussions going on right now, from the ramifications of potentially losing my own job to lawsuits. I guess I was raised better...

Is this a fair example of fringe benefits of the job...surely you would say something different if she glanced off your car or hit you on your bike...there should be no double standards...and the money for ins...lock her up and tell her to pay her own bills when she faces what she has accomplished.

Maybe the child suffers from "affluenza"

LOL that's funny, still cant believe they had the nerve to bring that up. Guess it worked though, he killed 4 people ruined
the lives of 2 others and got to go to a 450K a year rehab center after being 3 times the legal limit and doped up on Valium.

i think it goes back to how you want your child raised- its pretty obvious somebody knew somebody and she got out of a real bad situation because of that... so now she thinks that it is ok to do whatever she did- cause daddy makes it all go away (at least, in the short term...)

i just think its a real shame, and a disservice to her...

No, actually I wouldn't. I don't want to raise my kids to think they can skirt the law. Now, let's pretend I am a police officer on top of that, and I do what this guy just did with my own child. In all honestly, I'd be terrified of the very repercussions going on right now, from the ramifications of potentially losing my own job to lawsuits. I guess I was raised better...
yea I hear wat ur sayn but I've seen parents do some pretty strange things when it comes to their kids. things they wud hav nevr done normally and wen it comes to them gettn arrested and possibly goin to jail id say for the most part they are lookn out for their loved ones first and foremost.

hey if ur parents can't help you or protect you who can? some stranger off the train?

personally, id rather punish my child myself in my own way which wud be far more effective then him or her going to jail. getting arrested isn't always the best option for a kid. in fact, in my experience its the worst option and when it comes to kids parents are far more effective in disciplining them then the court are.

im not condoning his behavior. he will get jamed up on his end for sure with the PD. remove the police officer from this equation and remember he is a parent first.

No problem. She would be riding her bicycle or walking from then on!
Or getting her own insurance, and being dropped from the parents.

Cause and effect.......

driving drunk is driving drunk regardless of the outcome. that just made it acceptable as long as she didn't hit anything, in the parents eyes anyway.
the penalty should be the exact same as if she did.

Back