pocket bikes

fstbusa

orange peel is caused by excessive speed
Donating Member
Registered
I'm in the market for a pocket bike, just something to dink around on when I'm bored. Looking to spend no more than $500

I know some of you guys must have one. Lets see some pics and links to some that are available. I already have a brand in mind.

Hello there, FSTBUSA.

I sell a variety of pocket bikes.  Check out my site: www.toysthatgo.com.  There are many knock-offs (of knock-offs) that are cheaply made and sold on sidewalks, flea markets, and auto stores such as PepBoys and AutoZone.  On a rating scale of 1-5, 5 being of the highest quality, I am proud to only sell 5s.

So, browse the site and e-mail me at sales@toysthatgo.com.  Since I just launched the business, I am willing to give you a "Hayabusa.org" discount.

For anyone else reading this post, mention this posting and I will extend the discount to you as well.

Regards and be safe!

Jason

One of the kids (20) I work with races the silly things. (No offence intended) He brought it in and rode it around the concrete slab (Big slab, prolly 100' x 400') and imediately low sided it! I LMAO!
laugh.gif

Looks like fun tho.
tounge.gif

well I couldn't pass this deal up.

brand new msx daytona for slightly over $200

8c_1.JPG

forgot the specs

DISPLACEMENT: 49CC- 4.2HP
SIZE: L 38" X W 19" X H 21"
FRAME: FIBERGLASS WITH METALIC FINISH WITH FULL FAIRING
2 STROKE AIR COOL ENGINE
EXHAUST SYSTEM: SINGLE TAIL PIPE MUFFLER
11 INCH TUBELESS RACING SLICK TIRES
GROSS/NET WEIGHT: 48/45 LBS
TANK CAPACITY: 1 LITER
LOAD: 240 LBS
DUAL DISK BRAKES
SPEED=40MPH+, DEPENDS ON WEIGHT AND ROAD CONDITION
CHAIN DRIVEN
STARTER: PULL START
MIXTURE RATIO: 25:1 GAS TO 2-CYCLE ENGINE OIL

ebay d00d

there are many bikes waaaaay below book value. just keep your eye on one that you like. thats how I got mine. every other place wanted $285-$300 for the one I got.
wow.gif

man I'm terrible... I haven't even gotten the bike yet and I was out lookin for mods for this thing... pipe, performance parts....
laugh.gif

fstbusa, my Velocity Racing turbo is just about install on my Polini 49 cc'er. I'm also adding a second gear, so lets race after you get your mods. I should be able to hit about 130 when it's ready. Okay, just kidding. Get some decent knee protection and we'll hit the Marshalltown kart track! Way fun - just like REAL racing but on a super tiny budget! Congrats on the purchase! Seems like pricing is finally down to realism thansk to demand.
smile.gif

my leathers have knee guards built into them but not knee pucks... would this be enough?

I believe so. the puck is more for knee dragging than protection. the knee gurad is best WHEN you dump your pocket bike. I've never crashed a cycle in like 40,000 miles, but crashed on pocketbikes 3 times now! it's a different ballgame but just as fun.
Tip: remember to plant your TOES on the pegs, not your heel or arch. heel or arche leaves your toes pointing down and when you lean/turn, they drag popping the rear tire up in the air thus causing obvious conclusions.

pocket.jpg

Ok.this is bookmarked in my favorites section. I'm definitely gonna look at one of these.

man I wish more guys around me had some... I found some kick ass vids of guys racing around for fun....
laugh.gif

This sport has been brewing overseas for a while and I think USA is ripe for this action! The pocket bikes guys have been talking to some big wigs about a short national pocket bike race durring some large Nascar event. They are surprisingly fun AND very inexpensive [now!]. I guess Rossi started on one. I own two and ride the crap out of them. They lean like real race bikes - the physics are the same basically - plus they are just a riot to be seen on them. EVERYONE stares and laughs! It's great! Just do not consider them toys because 40 mph is STILL 40 and these bikes are much less stable than real bikes. You can get hurt quickly on them. If you're pndering a purchase, do it and you won't regret it. One thing, try one out of you can as the body position can be very awkward if not totally impossible for some people. Yoga anyone?? ;) For more info try here: http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/

pocket2.JPG

These are really cool bikes.Ive been thinking of one for my boys but the more i look into them i want one now.:D

the 10mph electric ones at TOYS-R-US are good for kids, but decide if your child is smart/mature enough to handle 35 or 40mph. most REAL pocketbikes really are not designed with children in mind. it's serious adult racing ability. just BE CAREFUL.

at the track one day, my friend had his 11 year old daughter with him and she wanted to try it. she wore a helmet and gloves, he set her up on it and told her to start slow with the throttle. I was on the track coming around a curve and all I saw was her boucing on the pocketbike across the grass OFF THE TRACK and then it wobbled and she and it tumbled at about 20mph guessing. I saw her little body and the bike rolling and flopping and feared the worst.... she could have literally just broken her neck! dad was behind running after it trying to catch her! I got over there as quick as I could and she was screaming and yelling... LUCKILY NO damage other than a hurt wrist and a bunch of tears. She must have just turned the throttle open and taken off in the wrong direction right into the green and then not let go! I won't let ANY children ride them again. MAYBE a late teenager if they seem mature enough.

Again, the electric ones that go 10 are not much worse than a bicycle. I worry adults think real pocket bikes make good toy bikes for small children just becasue the bikes are small.

PLEASE Be carefull with these. I'm waiting to see how long it takes before fstbusa posts up about his first wreck. ;)

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089476944 -->

Back