Pocket Bike

Why was that video so dam funny
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I gotta get one now

laugh.gif

Hey whats a good bike to start out on...hmm sounds a lot like should i start learning on a busa, but anyways what is a good bike to start out on. I would like to have a bike where i can eventually purchase a bigger engine to throw in it. Whats a good cheap modifiable starter
rock.gif

Him, From what I have seen on the internet...the biggest one's have about 14HP engines... and they start out at about 3.5HP! I was thinking of going for the 14HP one... Does not seem like a lot of power to me, but then again... I wouldnt know. Just a thought
cool.gif

Heck man the 8 hp ones were like 1000 bucks for that i can get something for the busa

Him, From what I have seen on the internet...the biggest one's have about 14HP engines... and they start out at about 3.5HP! I was thinking of going for the 14HP one... Does not seem like a lot of power to me, but then again... I wouldnt know. Just a thought
cool.gif
actually the brand DM makes a 17 hp one and blata makes ones down to 2.5 hp.

you think that the 14 hp isn't alot of power but you would be mistaken.

if you've ever ridden a 2 stroke bike you know how the powerband feels. Everytime these bigger hp bikes come on the power band the bike wants to wheelie. You can even drape your legs over the bars and the bike will still wheelie. This things will make you crap your pants. I have a slightly modified 4.2 hp and it acclerates from 0-42 mph in about 5 sec. You can only imagine what a 14 hp bike would do.

yeah, the $1000 and up pocketbikes are dangerous - and are NOT toys for kids, I'll keep repeating that. after a couple tumbles, you'll realize 4.2hp is plenty to cause hurt! Hey, FSTBUSA, I was dreaming on the Polinin 13hp yesterday and realized it's a newer version of our good old 39.9cc engine, aparently beefed quite a bit. of course if I got you, then YOU'd get one and put a pipe, a clutch, air filter, and carbon fiber on yours :p
biggrin.gif

yeah fstbusa, Ihave had two strokes.... As a matter of fact 2 strokes were the only kind of bikes I rode before I got my 600CBR. You see back then in INDIA, we used to only get the 2 strokes
smile.gif

0-42 in 5sec... hmm now thats pretty fast!
wow.gif

Oh...ok I didnt know DM made 17HP ones.Thanks for the info. Would you be by any chance knowing their website address
rock.gif

Back to my previous questions...What is a good modifiable begginer bike, something i can possiable pull the engine out of and put a bigger one in?

well it all depends on what you plan to do with it. if you're just out to find out if its something you might be interested in i would get a chinease knock-off called a "cag" short for cagllari. i did for about $300 shipped to my door. If you're looking to race I wouldn't bother with a cag. They can't compete with the well made italian race bikes. i absolutely loved it and ended up spending more on a 4.2 hp italian bike. "most" italian bikes come with a polini motor( italian manufacturer). i think the brand zpf makes their own motors, but for the most part almost all of the italian bikes have polini motors. they all have similiar characteristics and the cost differences between most is about the same. the higher the hp the more its going to cost. i would say of all italian brands that polini has the cheapest bike for the same performance. i think you can get a brand new 4.2 hp bike from polini for around $1200. most other brands have 4.2 hp bikes available for around $2500. you can also spend upwards around $5000 for an 18 hp bike. each bike has its own handling characteristics and i can't be one to judge on that because all i've ridden are a polini and chinease bikes. just remember you get what you pay for. chinease bikes are just that....... china made... they go about 25 mph and have about 2.5 hp and break alot. modifications to these motors really have no affect on performance. i bought a chinease bike to start just to see if it was something i was interested in. i ended up loving it and ended up almost getting my money outta my cag. if you ever get a chance to ride an italian bike before you buy please do it. you won't regret trying different bikes and testing them out. some links to help:

www.pocketbikeplanet.com
www.pocketbikeforums.com
www.midsouthminimoto.com
www.dcminimoto.com

A cousin of mine bought one for himself for Christmas...it was fun to play around on...

My son loved it too!
cool.gif

sportbiker2.JPG

double posting here...and getting board errors...HELP!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107462870 -->

so would i be able to swap out the motor in a cag for another? Does anyone make any kits. that would be the ultimate joy...scraping arount the corner on something you built from scratch.
cool.gif

I don't see alot about motor swapping. the cags are made one way and the Polini's another. you would have to fabricate metal parts to do it. if you the time, patience and know how, it could be fun. usually get the engine horsepower you want and mod it from there. The horse powers are "classes" basically. ours are 39cc 4.2 class

the cag bike lie a lot: 49cc might be but the HP is worse, adn top speed is not 40, it's 30 stock. ...maybe down a step hill wtih no chain on

from what I can tell... none of the so called "49cc" bikes are actually that. Seems like all of them are 39cc. you can get a "big-bore" kit which makes them 50cc. most cags only go 25 mph stock unless you're a feather weight riding on one.

you won't have alot of options for performance upgrades on a cag. however there is plenty for the italian bikes.

Yeah but i'd hate to drap a grand in something i may not even stick with

definitely try one somewhere before buying. the downside are things you dont realize are: the race bikes have NO suspension and are not really made for streets. parking lots are okay if they are smooth. they are all ilegal on the streets: no VIN, no available license. depending on your riding position and size, riding position can be very painful after a while. you WILL be doing maintenance - just like any race bike
smile.gif

The upside is just amazing! These 4.2s I have truly simulate full-on racing feel on a much more accessable and cheaper level.... if you can find a track or good parking lot. you lean to turn, you can drag knees, you have to learn the track line, all that stuff.

FSTBUSA then me, tearin it up

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107486037 -->

corner.JPG

Yeah but theres got to be a way to turn a cheapo into something faster. We really dont have anywhere around here like that to race

yeah I know some guys that buy cheapo bikes and actually put an 80cc dirtbike motor in them and they FLY!!!!!!

but it does take some fabrication to get the motors to fit. go at it how you may.... I still don't like the chinease frames. They break pretty easily.

Back