*Ping* Rhythm...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Yo Big Train !!!!!!!! Sho us some photos of your Bling baby and dont be using any camera filters either to give it more detail :tounge: .[/QUOTE]

You asked for it... Here she is. Finally got a replacement camera. You guys will once again be swamped with pics of my girl! :super:

Bullet_005.jpg

I just love how snatching the reflectors cleaned up the lines!!! For comparison, here's one with 'em.

bullittrain_08.jpg

Wow is your driveway wet in the photo or is it that "naturalstone" stuff. Almost looks like ya put poly on it!

Nice lookin bike too!

ICE

Driveway is wet to tone it down a bit. It was too bright in the photos while dry. Thanks for the compliments on the busa. :cool:

Very nice. That Silver/Gray is very sharp. I've removed my side reflectors, but can't get the screws loose for the rear brackets. Are there nuts on the screws, and if so, how to you reach them??

Thanks Sane. :D

The rear reflector bolts have nuts on them on the inside of the undertail. You have to pull the rivets and separate the undertail from the side of the tail section enough to get a wrench or pliars in to hold the nuts while you back the bolts out. It's tight getting to them but it's possible. Just be careful not to skin up the tail side edge with the pliars/wrench.

Note: To remove the rivets just push the center of them in until they click, then lift the rivet out by hooking a fingernail underneath the rivet head. That's how they're designed to be removed. You'll ruin them if you try to just force 'em out. Didn't know if you knew that already or not. Just tryin' to save ya some headache. :cool:

Thanks MSF. :)

Next on my list is bolt on cans. Still haven't decided which ones to get tho. Prolly go with Akra or Yosh, I guess.

Was also gonna drop 'er an inch front & rear but I'm wonderin' if I should. I don't know what it'll do to the handling. I wouldn't think that an inch on both ends would affect it a whole lot, but what do I know? :alcoholic:

Guess I'll also get a set of rims eventually. Lookin' at OZ or PM wheels. Was gonna chrome the factory rims but I think I'd rather go with lighter custom wheels.

I also have a custom repaint in mind but I'm not in a hurry for that just yet. It'll all come together eventually. :cool:

Recently, in another thread someone had stated that they just dropped thier bike an inch and they claimed it actually handled better...........can't see that myself, but then I havn't tried it either.........maybe soon.

As for cans, you lookin for sound or looks........cans won't add much, if any power.
I think Akra and Yosh are very similar......I'd go with the least expensive.

Wheels.........PM fer sure.....big bucks, but killer looking wheels.

Hope it all turns out awesome dude.......I'm sure it will.
Looking forward to seeing it all happen.

Bill :beerchug:

I want sound and looks. Polished cans with a nice, deep sound would be fine. ;)

The Hayabusa in the picture below has the PM wheels I want, and another option that I'd like as well. :eek: :D

lowering yer bike will NOT make it handle better , worse , in fact .  Jack it up a lil in the a$$ if ya want it to handle better.
If yer just a sunday drivr,an' yer goin' for look , drop 'er to the weeds . Be carefull thou, they will drag in spots , especially for someone ...who...shall we say , "has a low center of gravity" , if ya get my drift .   Jus' messin' BT, yer ride looks killer, mine on the other hand looks like crap .
  I NEED PAINT.......bad....

The pipe thing....save yer $$$.$$ , wait and get a whole system .
             'Cause....if ya buy some cans now, yer out a few hun' , then later you'll want a whole system , then you have to sell some used cans(most likely at a loss) then go out and buy a full .   I can teach ya how to polish them stock cans up to make 'em look like chrome.....1 day....maybe 20 bucks.

Friendly advice....feel free to tell me to get fugged...

Have a good 1.......RSD .

RSD, Go GET Fugged!!!

Actually Bro, I could use a little RSD Type Schooling...Lets call it a refresher, I know we spoke about this in the past.

What I would really like to do is polish the stock cans and see about maybe getting a little more noise out of them as well. I figure, Dremel off the spot welded areas on the can bolts and see if I can't drill some holes. What do you think?

I figure it would be a good way to perk things up until I settle on a full system and the rest...

RSD, Go GET Fugged!!!

Actually Bro, I could use a little RSD Type Schooling...Lets call it a refresher, I know we spoke about this in the past.  

What I would really like to do is polish the stock cans and see about maybe getting a little more noise out of them as well.  I figure, Dremel off the spot welded areas on the can bolts and see if I can't drill some holes.  What do you think?  

I figure it would be a good way to perk things up until I settle on a full system and the rest...
NAH....dont do it....the drillin' thing. The only way to get more noise from her is to take out some of her baffling . Which in turn will make her run shiddy . You could do it if you re-mapped . But you dont have a Power Commander,an exhaust gas annalyzer,and a dyno in yer garage . Just live with it for now....thats what I'd do . Its tuned for its box and exhaust right now, dont bother upsetting the mix, you wont like the way it performs . You'll take away its RIDEABILITY . The low speed stumbles will get BIGTIME worse,milage will drop, yadda yadda yadda. You want LOUD N' PROUD....find someone with a D&D 4-2-1 thats not happy with it....pick that up . You'll need to re-map...AS YOU ALREADY KNOW.... get the pro's to do it . Its not just every model thats different....EVERY BIKE IS DIFFERENT .

O YA..... if it isn't too much trouble....would it be possible for you to.... let me see....how should I put this...
could you go an' GET FUGGED .

hee hee hee...........

hav a good 1....RSD.

Thanks fer the $.02 USD... RSD.  :beerchug:

The main reason I want to drop 'er an inch is to give me a bit better footing when I'm sittin' on 'er and walkin' 'er. I can flat foot it, but just barely. There's no room for error at all. On slick surfaces or in gravel I'd just like to have a bit better foot traction to avoid droppin' 'er. I just didn't want to kill the handling to do it. I guess it'd be kinda dumb to sacrafice any handling at all to improve walkin' 'er around, huh? I didn't buy 'er to walk 'er around in parking lots or my driveway.   :alcoholic:

There's another reason I want to drop 'er a little but I don't know if it's worth it either. My thing is drag racing. I want to be able to hang the curves and such but my thrill is full throttle in a str8 line, baby! I had read that droppin' 'er helped keep the front down during hard accell. That'd be a better reason to drop 'er but again, I don't want to ruin the bit of fun I'll have in the curves. No harder than I'll push it in the curves though, maybe I'd never know the difference? :super: 

As for cans... I don't see myself going with a full system at least until the warranty is out. Initially I had planned to do that kinda stuff (Full exhaust,fitty shotta NOS) pretty quick. Now, I don't know if I'll ever do it. I think maybe I was foolin' myself into thinking that I'd want more power right off the bat. Hell, I may never want more power (yah, right!).

This thing is FAR more than I can handle in stock form at this point. I thought I knew how to ride, but I'm finding out I didn't know shid about *REAL* riding. I just knew how to balance a bike and look DUMB. :drool:

I see where you're coming from, RSD, and I appreciate the hell outta the advice but I just don't think I'll go that far with 'er in the foreseeable future. So, nice lookin' cans that make a little noise will probably make me happy for a loooong time.

However, if you wanna go get fugged, be my guest!!!  :bounce:

The main reason I want to drop 'er an inch is to give me a bit better footing when I'm sittin' on 'er and walkin' 'er. I can flat foot it, but just barely. There's no room for error at all. On slick surfaces or in gravel I'd just like to have a bit better foot traction to avoid droppin' 'er.
I didn't know that's why you wanted to drop yer bike......how tall are ya Bullet.......yer pic looks like over 6'.

The main reason I want to drop 'er an inch is to give me a bit better footing when I'm sittin' on 'er and walkin' 'er. I can flat foot it, but just barely. There's no room for error at all. On slick surfaces or in gravel I'd just like to have a bit better foot traction to avoid droppin' 'er.
I didn't know that's why you wanted to drop yer bike......how tall are ya Bullet.......yer pic looks like over 6'.
I'm right at 6', but I must have cricket crotch or sumthin'... I can flat foot on level ground but just barely. My knees are str8 when I do. That's useless if a foot slides on sumthin'. It's like fallin' over with a crutch that's slidin'. No corrective power at all, just ride it down. I've almost dropped 'er a couple times when a foot hit oil spots in p-lots and when I hit some debris on my concrete garage floor. Caught 'er every time but just barely.

I've learned to handle 'er a bit different in such situations and haven't had any close calls lately, but I figure it's just a matter of time... :sad:

I'm right at 6', but I must have cricket crotch or sumthin'... I can flat foot on level ground but just barely. My knees are str8 when I do. That's useless if a foot slides on sumthin'. It's like fallin' over with a crutch that's slidin'. No corrective power at all, just ride it down. I've almost dropped 'er a couple times when a foot hit oil spots in p-lots and when I hit some debris on my concrete garage floor. Caught 'er every time but just barely.

I've learned to handle 'er a bit different in such situations and haven't had any close calls lately, but I figure it's just a matter of time...  :sad:
$hi!........yer freakin me out........sure wouldn't want ya to drop that bike.......maybe go out an buy yerself some high heels fer now :tounge: :tounge: :super:

I thought about high heels but can't find any that really match my riding purse. ;)

:bounce:

Back