Saw a bike down and the white sheet out...

KosherBenz

Donating Member
Registered
I picked up my GF and was taking her home from the club(girls night out). IT was about 2:15am and I had to take a detour cause there was a cop car in the road blocking both lanes. As I went down the sidestreet I could see a downed cruiser and a white sheet out laid out on the ground covering "something". She asked me what happened and I told her, she FREAKED out big time. She was like you have kids to take care of (3 kids from previous relationship), I dont want to lose you. I dont like you riding the bike.

Mind you, she was lit from drinking with her friends, but that was the first time I saw a white sheet pulled for a motorcycle accident. I dont know the details of what happened(alcohol or not) but it was vary moving and made me thing if riding is right for me...

I love riding, I drive safe and dont drive like an ass. I know the chances are slim to none, that I would be in a accident due to my fault, but what about the other guy... Just something to think about.

i live and ride knowing that GOD can take me out of this world at any time, any place , using whatever means he wants. but seeing something like what you saw will make you think about riding.

I've never seen a white sheet for a motorcycle accident personally but I've seen a few due to car crashes ...what's your point ??

I picked up my GF and was taking her home from the club(girls night out). IT was about 2:15am and I had to take a detour cause there was a cop car in the road blocking both lanes. As I went down the sidestreet I could see a downed cruiser and a white sheet out laid out on the ground covering "something".  She asked me what happened and I told her, she FREAKED out big time. She was like you have kids to take care of (3 kids from previous relationship), I dont want to lose you. I dont like you riding the bike.

Mind you, she was lit from drinking with her friends, but that was the first time I saw a white sheet pulled for a motorcycle accident. I dont know the details of what happened(alcohol or not) but it was vary moving and made me thing if riding is right for me...

I love riding, I drive safe and dont drive like an ass. I know the chances are slim to none, that I would be in a accident due to my fault, but what about the other guy...   Just something to think about.
All i can say is WHEN ITS YOUR TIME TO GO YOU WILL GO Like it or not..You can hurry it up by doing stupid things but in the end when he calls YOU WILL ANSWER..You cant live your life worrying about what could happen you have to live it the best you can ..You can say the same for her .you said she had some drinks so she could have walked out the bar stumbled and fell and hit her head and that would be it . Bikes don't kill you riders do ....

I believe God has a plan for all of us but u can also be an ass and overdose on heroin and cut his plans short. My point at 2:30 am the biker could have def been drunk also.

Watch it with putting somebody who is 3 sheets to the wind on the back.
all_coholic.gif

pull down the HURT REPORT about cycle accidents, and catagorize the best times for you to ride. generally not at night. explain to your girlfriend how that helps you minimize your potential for ANY accidnets. people drive drunk and mad at 2:15am. bikes and cars. just do be a target out there at that time
sad.gif

you could also slip in the shower any morning and break your neck

I ride because I love to do it. Not because it is cool or just something to do. Nothing could ever stop me from riding and taking the risk of going through every intersection. My dad was almost killed on his bike last month and I never even once thought about not riding. My dad is doing alright now, his bike is scrap.

Things like that always make you think but no one is guaranteed tomorrow. Got this link awhile back, which alot of you have probably seen showing bike crashes Motorcycle Wrecks.

I saw the same thing ionce, but with a bicycle rider. Does that mean I should quit riding my bicycle? Absolutely not!

I understand your point and reflections...I think about it too, but the next time on the Busa answers it...it's worth it
smile.gif
. Nice Benz, by the way. I have a C280 and a 380SL.

I have personally put white sheets over about 20+ bikers. It makes you think everytime.
In total I have been lead investigator in over 250 motor vehicle Fatalities.
sad.gif

If it's your time it doesn't matter what your on or doing. It'll be your time.

Most people die in bed . . . Are ya never going to bed again?
Lotsa people die in the bath . . . Are ya never gonna bathe again?
More people die in cars . . . Are ya gonna walk everywhere?

Everyone dies from life . . . Are ya gonna sell the Busa, buy a nine and 1 round?

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1474"|1155410790 -->

"It's not tragic to die doing what you love." - Patrick Swayze (Bodie in Point Break)

Back