New rider down

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
Well... Yeterday I was coming home from work and I saw a young 20 year old, wheighing it at an astonishing 105 Lbs. on a new Honda 600RR...
biggrin.gif

No helmet or gear on and I just new she needed it being as new as she was to riding. (I didn't know her, I just could tell she was new to biking because of the new temp plates, no gear, and riding style)

I come home today from work and I am pulling into my condo complex and she is standing two units down with a freind looking at her bike. As soon as I got out, they approached me because they new I had a bike too... The story goes, she was in our parking lot which has A LOT of sand in it and decided to make a U turn and just couldn't recover when the bike was sliding down...

She was alright, although she had no gear on. The bike was leaking a bit of anti-freeze and maybe a little gas from the drop but other then that, the bike seemed fine with some real good scraches in it. (She will want to get it fixed...
sad.gif
)

When I talked with her, I found out she just got her bike and just didn't have the cash yet to buy a helmet and she bought the bike for cash. (Now I know this is the first bike she has owned... Age + No training + no gear + no experience, and 1 crotch rocket = 1 down rider, that is for sure...)

I told her to invest in a helmet and a good light one, eitherwise, she will never wear it. I think this little 3 MPH spill sent some reality her way and I knew she sensed it. She didn't think much of not buying that helmet when she bought the bike for cash, but I know she was thinking about it after this...

Drive safe; we are all newbies given certain circustances.

CLoud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091242237 -->

heh, you should ALWAYS get the phone number
wink.gif
You could offer to take her riding and show her how to do things, safely. Besides just cuz you're on a diet doesnt mean you can't read the menu
tounge.gif
Riding with cute chicks is good ummkay
laugh.gif

Cloud ur married, dont listen to the other guys...

If it were me however I would have a burden to help her get a helmet, being young, she probably doesnt have much money.

I might in your situation maybe introduce your wife to her and maybe you and your wife together can find her a good deal on a helmet, maybe help her out if that is on your heart and you feel like it. Getting your wife involved makes sure everything is on the up and up.

Being you mentioned it on this board I assume somewhere down inside you have a burden to help her out in someway.

Now that she has come to your attention, and you know she has limited funds, I would imagine if she ever got hurt on her bike and had a head injury becuase of not wearing a helmet you might feel a sense if guilt. I think I might.

who knows, maybe god put her in your path for you and your wife to help her out.. never know
smile.gif

Of course she could also just be a temptation placed in your path which will lead your soul to eternal damnation..

Toss a coin, who knows
face7.gif

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091250420 -->

you guys really want to know what I am thinking on this one...
wink.gif

My wife can be jealous and I don't think she will be having it when I bring a hot biker chick around helmet or no helmet... I did offer her some sound advice while I had her there, "like ride within your limits, etc..." but that is as far as it goes.

Can't cross the line and won't even come close to it, even if I do feel sorry for the hot chick.
biggrin.gif

Another option, Cloud, would be to let some of your single, male biker friends (at least those you think would be descent) know of her situation and introduce them. Let them help her and you can still feel good about it. You certainly don't want an unhappy wife 'cause if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!
biggrin.gif

Your a good ambassador to our sport Cloud9. I'm with BigBSbusa, introducer her to some of your good friends, the ones that wear their gear and she will want to be one of the guys and will get her some gear. My .02
smile.gif

Could allways start a new "Helmet's for Hummers" program... That's what I would do.. If she asks just explain that it's part of learning to get a "Knee Down"... Similar concept...
wow.gif

Could allways start a new "Helmet's for Hummers" program...  That's what I would do..  If she asks just explain that it's part of learning to get a "Knee Down"...  Similar concept...  
wow.gif
this is the same board moderator that freaks out if a boob shows up...

absolout power corrupts absoloutly!!!

lmao

funny though.. and uh...

post_6_04072_worthlesswithoutpics.gif

i think you made the right call.. my wife would be very suspicious if I started riding with a chic ... especially if the chic even so much as smiled at me.

course my wife also won't let me go outta the house with my rear seat on the busa.. unless she's going with me... lmao

wives.. shooo.. can't kill em', and they won't let you sell em' either.

j/k my wife rocks.

LOL- I had the rear hump off for the last week and today my wife said "I wont be going riding for the next couple weeks-- put that hump on!

yup, got the hump statement as welll...

I may be able to hook you up Jake... She is my neighbors freind... There is a good chance she may be around tomorrow when we lower the bike...
wink.gif

Back